Room

{{ oRightNav.heading }}

Save

Liked:
Food
Amenities
Room

Stats

Leaking weather seal from Room 827What a disappointment. I used to stay at this property years ago when it was a Hilton Suites. The lobby has been remodeled handsomely, and the rooms have a nice sofa and other respectable furnishings. However, there are signs of wear here and staff indifference that made my current stay my last.

As a Hilton Diamond, I have a request for my preferred room types in my reservations, always. For this stay, I booked a King room and requested an upgrade to a corner suite if one was available. At check-in I did not receive any HHonors recognition, no mention of a room upgrade, no Diamond amentiy (a bag with 2 bottles of water). When we got to the room we discovered it was indeed a corner suite with 2 queen beds. The sliding door to the small patio was closed, but the weather seal was broken and it was blowing wind into the room - drapes flying. It was not possible to resolve this so I closed the drapes to keep the cold out. I also went down and asked about the room and the king bed. I was told we received our upgrade request and we could downgrade if we wanted. I didn't want to move, we had unpacked, so I kept the room.

That night we heard banging over and over. It continued the next day so I called down and asked for them to investigate. After two hours and no resolution I asked to be moved. They gave me another corner room one floor below, where it was literally raining inside the patio door (broken weather seal) and drapes flying. I rejected the room. I was then moved to another room on the sixth floor on the opposite side of the building. This one was better, but when I opened the drapes the handle of the drape broke off.

Both days breakfast featured cold undercooked greasy bacon, the toaster was stuck and I had to find someone to start it up (grabbed the grill with a towel and rolled it to kick-start it) a handle on the potato chaffing dish broke off...

They have the "we'll make it right" policy here but I'm so disgusted, I just want to get out. Good thing I'm moving to another property today anyway.

Overall

Don't waste your time. No one cares and their attitude extends to the upkeep of the property.

35 Comments

35 comments and Y review

Hotels you may also be interested in