Room

{{ oRightNav.heading }}

Save

Liked:
Food
Amenities
Room

Stats

Stayed at the Andaz 5th Avenue last week for one night. Had to invoke the Guaranteed Availability Diamond benefit, which at $295 I considered a steal. I believe the GH NY was a guaranteed rate of $780, and *wood's rates are even more ridiculous.

Due to my late arrival, and the lack of availability, I asked my PL agent to confirm my arrival time, and I called the hotel the day of arrival to ensure I didn't get walked.

Check In

Arrived at 1:20AM from LGA and the hotel looked completely closed. As I approached the front desk agent opened the door and helped me with my bags. Check in was swift, was offered a glass of wine and was immediately impressed with the hotel. Much more modern and sleek than the GH NY, and despite being in cold NYC it had a very neighbourhood feel. The chalk images by the lifts were a great touch. I'm was very impressed with the size of the room. Unsure of the room type I was given because the hotel's website doesn't appear to have images for each room type but it was double what I would expect in NYC. The bathroom was ridiculously large and I absolutely adored it.

Service

Service at breakfast was rather poor, however once I sat myself down and finally summoned a waiter who I told I had to check out in 30 mins they fast tracked my food.

The front desk agent on checkout was delightful, gave me her card, and arranged my luggage to be taken directly from my room to my town car without asking.

Overall

Overall my the best property I have stayed at in NYC (either Hyatt or *wood). I have stayed at the Andaz Wall Street and I received a suite, however I'm sure I would have been further upgraded at 5th Avenue had the hotel has more availability. Will certainly return.

2327 Comments

This review lives in the Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD thread.
2327 comments and Y review

Hotels you may also be interested in