Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

[EXPIRED] Crowne Plaza Venice East Quarto D Altino 1€

Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:30 am

Programs: QF Gold
I never got a call or email :-/

I can make use of all the reservations I made, however points that I can use for points break would be easier as it could be more useful.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 6:49 am

Programs: Ex-NWA Plat
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I hope they offer nothing else. Did you even book this with the intention of using it or did you just hope for 'compensation'?

You have two choices: take the 5000 points or use the reservation. Why should you be offered anything else?
I didnt say I should be offered something more, nor did I say it was my preference. I made the reservations with the intentions of using them. That said, if they sweeten the pot, perhaps that offering will be more interesting to me. I was simply musing out loud... no need for a moral lecture...

Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I emailed the address referenced here, and was given the 5k per booking offer, by this Friday.

I booked the rooms on a gamble, and would probably only use one set of bookings at the most. At least with this gracious offer, it gives me a little to think about. Venice is nice enough, but it's one of those cities, that to me, is worth a visit once.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 2:54 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by chanp
Email Angela. Its her first name, dot, then her last name at ihg.com.
I tried this and the email bounced. I've now used the more generic email address.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 1:47 pm

Post Any restuarants near the hotel?

Are there any nice restuarants near the Hotel. Dont want to eat in Venice as the prices are MAD. So after a day in Venice, woud be nice to come back and eat near the hotel
Old Sep 12, 2009, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I tried this and the email bounced. I've now used the more generic email address.
Just sent u a PM with her email addy.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 11:32 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RichardLH
Are there any nice restuarants near the Hotel. Dont want to eat in Venice as the prices are MAD. So after a day in Venice, woud be nice to come back and eat near the hotel
We were there for 3 nights in May 2008. The hotel has a restaurant, it was empty in the evening, and we took one look at the buffet - which was covered with FLIES- and left. Breakfast was just okay.

There is a very good pizza place about 5 minutes walk away. Turn left onto the road when exiting the hotel lobby, and it is on the right side of the road.

Otherwise not much choices. We did pick-up some food at a supermarket near the Holiday Inn, about a 10 to 15 minute walk on the opposite side of the railway.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
My points posted for cancelling
Old Sep 24, 2009, 6:49 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
48hrs to make up mind on someone elses booking duh

just got points offer on my 2 bookins 1 in dec and 1 in may2010 told must make up mind by sept25th or lose points offer . Was also quoted a booking i didnt make (same last name but dif country (my brother in uk made 1 booking)so looks like they still have computer issues i will cancal Dec but k will keep May . Booked these as most likely italy travel dates. We just got back mon21st from Umbria cant wait to rtn:
Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:34 pm

cancelled1 booking points to post

Originally Posted by thaidai
just got points offer on my 2 bookins 1 in dec and 1 in may2010 told must make up mind by sept25th or lose points offer . Was also quoted a booking i didnt make (same last name but dif country (my brother in uk made 1 booking)so looks like they still have computer issues i will cancal Dec but k will keep May . Booked these as most likely italy travel dates. We just got back mon21st from Umbria cant wait to rtn:
spoke directly with Angela v helpful n friendly, sorted n happy^ looking forward to may trip, will book extra nite @82 Euro.
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I've not heard a word about my 2 rezzies....
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
nor have i. i'm not concerned, as i plan on using them both.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:00 pm

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the hotel yet that booked the “special rate” , and if there were any complications with the hotel and/or hotel staff?

I am booked for this weekend and will share any tips and insight for those that will be staying when I return.

320Fan
Old Oct 4, 2009, 6:47 am

afordable la dolce vita

thanks for posting 320fan looking forward to updates
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by A320Fan
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the hotel yet that booked the “special rate” , and if there were any complications with the hotel and/or hotel staff?

I am booked for this weekend and will share any tips and insight for those that will be staying when I return.

320Fan
have a great trip! i think you are the first, so yes, please do let us know how things go.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.