Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

As of March 31, 2010
THIS PROMOTION IS EXPIRED!

THIS PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. EACH HOTEL HAS DIFFERENT AVAILABILITY

I am not a Fairmont employee and have no affiliation with Fairmont Hotels. Do not PM me to request a Booker ID. I obtain no personal gain from whichever Booker ID/Friend you decide to contact on this thread.

A few details: RATES and BOOKER ID's can not be posted publicly by Fairmont employees. There are Fairmont legal and T+C issues regarding this. Fairmont is encouraging Employees to promote this to their "FRIENDS" and family and offering incentives for doing so!

April 20, 2009 UPDATE: That NFAF rate would qualify for Fairmont President's Club credit, but not for Airline miles.

November 4, 2009 UPDATE: This rate IS NOT eligible at Swissotel and Raffles Hotels. Fairmont employees have received a warning about this.

CONFIRMED SUCCESSES/HOTEL REQUESTS

There have been hundreds, if not thousands of successes for people using this code. NOT ONE PERSON has reported a failure with the use of this code with ANY Booker ID.

THE DEAL:

LUXURY HOTEL STAY AT FAMILY PRICE.

This is a promotion just announced by the luxury hotel chain Fairmont Hotels. Till the end of this year, you can use this code to get the Employee Family Rate.

Book ANY Fairmont hotel or resort in the world with the following Promotional Code and Booker ID# and you will be able to make reservations at an EXTREMELY low and affordable rate on Fairmont.com.

1) Go to: fairmont.com to check for availability at the hotel and input NFAF into the Promotional Code field.

2) After you input the promotional code you can then see the available room types and the corresponding lowered rates for whichever hotel or resort you please.

3) Once you select your room type preference, on the following page (step 3) input my Booker ID#(This needs to be given to you by a Fairmont employee) Then you are finished!

*Only restriction is that you can't book more than 90 days in advance.
* You must use both codes for the discounted rate to go through when booking.

To answer one big question that has been asked... Fairmont is encouraging us to promote this offer to fill up their rooms. Due to the current economic situation, the occupancy level at most of their hotels are well below average. The only thing is, you can only book up to 90 days in advance and it's on a first come first serve basis. Good luck and happy travels everyone!

Last edited by CanuckFlyHigh; Apr 20, 2010 at 1:51 pm
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Looks like the advance purchase rates but without the prepay. Nice.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by uavking
Looks like the advance purchase rates but without the prepay. Nice.
I dunno about you, but all the Western Canadian rates are 60% less than the advanced purchase rates, and no prepay
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
I would remove the BOOKDER ID that looks like the agents IATA code for 10% commission.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by holtju2
I would remove the BOOKDER ID that looks like the agents IATA code for 10% commission.
No, this is en employee's code. According to the OP at RFD.com, they were told they can send this out to the general public. I am sure they do get something out of it, but considering this is a family employee discount, I am going to stick with having an ID of an employee attached to my rez.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:35 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Thanks for sharing! Some of these rates are truly spectacular!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
The Junior Suite at the Fairmont YVR for 244 CAD per night
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:44 pm

Programs: TK*G, AC
Wow, had a look at The Plaza in NYC since I was considering a trip there in a few months. Discounted rate was $239 for the cheapest room, compared to the prepay rate of $417 or $595 for a fully-refundable rate. Amazing.

Going to Banff next weekend, I'm now seriously reconsidering rebooking into The Fairmont.....
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:54 pm

do you think there is anything else that is needed at checkin? do you think they will ask the name of "this employee" ?? Do we have a name of this person, just in case if we are asked? Incredible rates.....the new york plaza hotel goes from BAR of 645 down to 239 a night.....amazing if this works without issue. would hate to be charged rack rate if there is a problem at checkin.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Only $129 for a room at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle Resort about 15 minutes south of the Hilton FLL Airport on the night of the Freddie Awards.

Yes, some really nice rates on this!

Just $119/nt for this weekend at the Fairmont Chateau Whistler. BAR is $359!

I also looked up The Plaza. $239/nt on the weekend of the Brooklyn Reality Tour!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
No, this is en employee's code. According to the OP at RFD.com, they were told they can send this out to the general public. I am sure they do get something out of it, but considering this is a family employee discount, I am going to stick with having an ID of an employee attached to my rez.
I dont know about this...

Couldnt we just carry the code with us in case someone is asking ?

"They were told" gives me a slight headache !
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:07 pm

A similar post by a newbie in Lonely Planet's forum claims that the referring employee gets a $10 commission. It's a different Booker ID in that forum's post. (Also note that the user who posted it there has posted it in 3 different areas of that BB -- their only 3 posts in the whole forum.)

Also posted here by someone that states upfront that they get "a little cash reward."

I did a search in Google for "fairmont nfaf" (without quotes).
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fly2LAX
I dont know about this...

Couldnt we just carry the code with us in case someone is asking ?

"They were told" gives me a slight headache !
I dont know what else to tell you. I PM'd the OP about this, and she is an employee at Fairmont. A few other Fairmont employees have posted on the thread on RFD.com and confirmed that Fairmont sent this email to all employees yesterday. According to the thread, the employees get $10 per booking from this, as well as an entry for free flights (unsure of details).

Since this IS an employee discount (that Fairmont is offering to the general public), I assume that a Booking ID of an employee is required. I have seen people say that the Booking ID is not required, but I would rather have it there than not. Plus the employee gets a reward. (Please note, I have no affiliation with the poster of this, besides being pumped about some super cheap rates!)

I PM'd her and she said no ID is required, and anyone can use this.

If I track down the official Fairmont letter, I will let you know.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

I have a hunch that this is going to snowball alot faster than Fairmont expected, and will be discontinued before long. I am going to book any even remotely potential trips, since these all are no-deposit required, just to be safe in case Fairmont does cancel it.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 4:15 pm

I've always wanted to go to Bermuda! Available tonight for only $129 NFAF vs. $269 BAR! (If only I had a private jet. )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.