[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2009, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by Renard
Did you book right when the promo hit the internet?
I found the NFAF online. Hope that answer your question.
It was the Garden view suite.
Old May 22, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by dearly2000_1974
My family and I just returned from a four night stay at the Fairmont Turnberry Isle in Miami. It was simply beautiful!! Thanks a bunch NYX...
No problem Thanks for booking with my code!

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Ugh.. I wish these rates had been prepaid.. The dollar is plunging, when I made my res.s the CAD was $0.79.. now it's at $0.89. Just about to leave for my Vancouver/Banff/Lake Louise/Calgary trip tomorrow.
I hear ya. I am IN Canada so this will actually help with my booking in Maui.. but that's not until October so who knows what the dollar will look like that.
Old May 22, 2009, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by choptliva
So far all the NFAF stays I booked have not required a deposit of ANY kind. As long as I cancel before the deadline (shown as you progress through the reservation), there would be no charge.

Maybe some hotels impose a deposit, but personally I have not come across it -- and I've booked quite a few stays. YMMV. But if a deposit is required, etc., it is highly visible on the screen BEFORE you finalize your reservation.
I have been looking around and did find one that had a deposit to be paid- dont recall but in the rate summary it spelled it out
Old May 24, 2009, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Has anyone seen this?
I entered the booker id numberr in the correct field.
When I get the confirmation, it shows as "0000000001"
Is this what other people get?
I noted that when no booker id is entered, the field doesn't even show up in the confirmation. I am wondering if "0000000001" is just a place holder so the real id isn't displayed for security reasons.

Update: Never mind... I found it in this thread. I didn't find it in a standard seach on FT, I did find it in a google search.
Old May 24, 2009, 8:21 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
This has been posted several times, it is normal. That is just the way it shows up on the booked reservation account online.
Old May 24, 2009, 6:17 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
Just got back from the Chateau Laurier in Ottawa. It was the marathon weekend and the hotel was at 98% capacity Friday and oversold Saturday according to the staff there.

I arrived very late Friday night and there was no problem at all with my NFAF reservation. Had a very nice deluxe queen room that I had managed to book within two weeks of the race itself.

There was also no problem with getting an extra one hour for a late checkout as well.

I would not have stayed at any hotels (would have just crashed with friends) in Ottawa without this great deal.

Thanks again nyx.t2t
Old May 25, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Originally Posted by nmenaker
I've booked rooms at the Maui Fairmont and Sonoma Fairmont, both had deposits, with full payment required at time of booking, but cancellation at 15 and 21 days out respectively, so be on the look out for that. Indeed, it was well indicated on the reservation pages, but it is something to watch out for and TRACK the dates when you have to cancel by.

Plaza did NOT require a prepayment, but a same day cancellation was necessary if I didn't want to be charged for the one night.
I also had booked at the Kea Lani in Maui and there was an advance deposit indicated, but the hotel never actually charged the advance deposit. I was told when I checked in and asked about it that they likely didn't process it because it was a friends and family booking.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Accor Diamond, National Emerald Club Exec Elite
Just back from the Kea Lani

I am just back from a wonderful stay at the Kea Lani in Maui. I had booked a one week stay using the original Booker ID posted in this thread soon after this thread began.

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, my wife and I realized that we wanted to stay longer than the one week we had booked, so that first day I went to the front desk to ask about extending. They gladly extended my reservation for an additional week at the original Friends and Family rate that I had booked, even though the F&F rate for new bookings had actually been increased by $80/night since the time I made my original reservation.

The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the staff are really friendly. In addition to the usual FPC discounts, this hotel offers a 15% discount on beach umbrella and equipment rentals for FPC Premier and Platinum level members.
Old May 25, 2009, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by ac/elite
I am just back from a wonderful stay at the Kea Lani in Maui. I had booked a one week stay using the original Booker ID posted in this thread soon after this thread began.

As soon as we arrived at the hotel, my wife and I realized that we wanted to stay longer than the one week we had booked, so that first day I went to the front desk to ask about extending. They gladly extended my reservation for an additional week at the original Friends and Family rate that I had booked, even though the F&F rate for new bookings had actually been increased by $80/night since the time I made my original reservation.

The hotel and grounds are beautiful and the staff are really friendly. In addition to the usual FPC discounts, this hotel offers a 15% discount on beach umbrella and equipment rentals for FPC Premier and Platinum level members.
That's great that they extended your stay at the same rate! And lucky you for being able to stay an additional week. If you have any pointers on how to save money while at that property, PM me! I'll be there in October with my girlfriend.
Old May 25, 2009, 5:42 pm

Collect Airmiles on your Fairmont stay

You can collect Airmiles through airmilesshops.ca. Just sign in there first and then select to go "shopping" at Fairmont and you'll get directed to their website to make a reservation. You'll earn one Airmile for every $20 you spend on your stay at any Fairmont property. It doesn't matter if it's a promotional rate or not.
Old May 25, 2009, 9:00 pm

That would quite a deal if you get the Airmiles too. I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see those Airmiles though. Since the rate is already promotional and it was already referred to you by someone else. Doesn't hurt to try I guess though.

Originally Posted by blackjud
You can collect Airmiles through airmilesshops.ca. Just sign in there first and then select to go "shopping" at Fairmont and you'll get directed to their website to make a reservation. You'll earn one Airmile for every $20 you spend on your stay at any Fairmont property. It doesn't matter if it's a promotional rate or not.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:18 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
Already had our first stay at Waterfront in Vancouver, was 'upgraded' to huge corner room on 21st floor. We just checked into the Banff Springs Hotel, they made mention of the FAF rate but we were still upgraded to a king suite in the conference center wing.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:24 pm

Sounds like a lot of you are getting your rooms upgraded when you check-in. I am hoping for this when I stay at the Kea Lani property

Originally Posted by hauteboy
Already had our first stay at Waterfront in Vancouver, was 'upgraded' to huge corner room on 21st floor. We just checked into the Banff Springs Hotel, they made mention of the FAF rate but we were still upgraded to a king suite in the conference center wing.
Old May 25, 2009, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Sounds like a lot of you are getting your rooms upgraded when you check-in. I am hoping for this when I stay at the Kea Lani property
I wish I got the upgrade for my stay in Singapore as well but I was completely satisfied that I was able to check in at 8AM and check out at 3PM. Thanks again...
Old May 25, 2009, 11:18 pm

Programs: *A
I'd like to drop in and add the sincerest thanks to the people willing to share this great information! I've just booked two stays in Nairobi and couldn't be happier. Long Live FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.