[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:10 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
There is a flyer that says TRAVEL, EARN, WIN and it invites employees to the launch of this deal to see more details. On it and says the employee destination rates have been reduced by $10 for the remainder of the year and the friends and family rate has also been reduced. Also says "Get paid to book" and "Win great prizes" on it.

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
What do you mean by this -- what are the details that are releasaed?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by kell113
just cancel your reservation and rebook using the booking ID number. I did that, too and had to rebook it.

has anybody called the hotels and actually ASKED about it using this code and what their response is????
That would be a good idea although you may not want to mention that you don't know where it's from because apparently you're actually supposed to be referred this code from a friend or family member.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:47 am

No, of course not nyx. Just don't want to have to have a letter verifying anything when checking in. It would be rather embarrassing and also costly.

Ritz has "friends and family rates" as well but you have to have a letter from your friend or family member that is an employee with a ritz letterhead verifying rate when checking in.

However, if this is a promotion for employees to boost occupancy....that's another situation and a grand one at that!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:47 pm

Programs: UA Million miler
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
So, where does it say that you can give your id number out to anyone in the universe whether you have even met them or not?
Some people live with the basic assumption that you can do things that are not specifically prohibited. Others live by the premise that you can't do things unless they are specifically allowed. Doesn't make either necessarily right or wrong.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 1:45 pm

If this is a promotion for employees.....to get their friends and family to book in this bad economy.....the employees get awards for the most bookings......then it a great idea!

Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
There is a flyer that says TRAVEL, EARN, WIN and it invites employees to the launch of this deal to see more details. On it and says the employee destination rates have been reduced by $10 for the remainder of the year and the friends and family rate has also been reduced. Also says "Get paid to book" and "Win great prizes" on it.
So, it's exactly as I'd suspected last night and earlier in this thread and that the offer wasn't meant as a public rate but rather a code for family & friends of Fairmont employees, which makes much more sense than the whole priceline analogy. When times slow chains often turn first to travel agents & employees to fill rooms at discounted rates before offering steep discounts to the genral public.

The big question is how the rates will be received at check-in; will there be questions about which employee referred the promo to you or will nothing be said at all? Regardless my next guess is now it's leaked Faimont won't let the trickle become a flood and will drop this promo code and/or advise employees to stick to the rules of the promotion which you would expect don't allow distributing in-house employee offers and employee codes on public IBB's.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:04 pm

Plaza in May

Just booked a long weekend in May. All via Fairmont site, etc. seems genuine enough (if it isn't, AMEX will have to sort it out )
Staying at the Plaza. Would never have considered them given the great deals at other 4-5 * hotel specials going on in NY at the moment. But to experience the Plaza for $239/night, how can you not ?
Thanks OP.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:11 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
I've stayed on these type of rates at Fairmonts before. Don't expect much in the way of special treatment or room upgrade. But you should get a great basic room for the price. If you want a nicer room, just book a higher category.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton and regular member of everything else
who has the earliest reservation? It'd be nice for that person to post their check-in experience, just to let the rest of us know if we should expect a problem.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
As this rate travels the net with different employees numbers,I wonder how long this will last.I just saw it on Kijiji and craigslist.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
BTW, this seems as good a place as any to keep the drive for a dedicated Fairmont FT forum alive which you can do by adding your support on this thread in the TB forum.

Thank you.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.7M and counting slowly
Just booked a weekend in Dallas -- Thank you!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
hard

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Here's something that might make some of you feel a little bit better.

whatever this is, it is impossible to view?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:26 pm

You can't see it? It works fine for me. Anyone else?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
i don't see anything in the POST, and in the email that came to me, there is a link to an msft LIVE account, and it doesn't go to anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.