Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 8:55 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Fairmont San Francisco -- Mother's Day weekend. $119
"Deposit Policy A deposit is not mandatory"
I haven't booked it, though, so I don't know if the results after booking are different.

I was trying to find a schedule in Sonoma that would work for us. I see $139 on weekdays. $189 on some weekend days. I was hoping to maybe pair it with a weekend award at the Westin Napa, but no traditional rooms are offered there right now for the weekends in May.

One thing that I learned is that I find it very tedious to use their website to search multiple properties. Why won't it remember the dates from my previous search? But there's always a better way, so I came up with one! All prices below are for May 8-10 (IIRC).

Fairmont Chicago for $119
Fairmont Olympic, Seattle for $119
Fairmont Queen Elizabeth, Montreal for $109 CAD
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui for $169 (vs. $485 BAR)
..."Fairmont King Non Smoking Suite, Tropical garden or mountainview, spacious 840 sq ft suite with lanai, max occ 4"
Fairmont Orchid, Kohala Coast, HI for $139
Fairmont Dubai for $139 (USD)
Fairmont Pierre Marques, Acapulco for $99
Fairmont Acapulco Princess for $99
Fairmont Washington DC for $119
Old Apr 3, 2009, 9:12 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Originally Posted by Fly2LAX
When are you guys booked in Singapore ?
May 19 - 22. And no deposit required.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 9:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Fly2LAX
When are you guys booked in Singapore ?
First week of June.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:13 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
I work there and have yet to take advantage of any of the hotel discounts. I think it's time for a vacation soon!
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
The prices I've been finding are incredible. The Fairmount Mayakoba is a definite. Fairmont Zanzibar is very possible.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Definitely some very good deals. First Kimpton and now Fairmont this week. Bring on the recession.

Is the Plaza in NYC not participating? I tried a few nights and no discount.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hilton gold
Originally Posted by iahphx
Definitely some very good deals. First Kimpton and now Fairmont this week. Bring on the recession.

I tried the 12th to the 13th of April got a rate of 239.00 for the PLaza.Regular rate was 595.00
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx

yes Plaza is participating ; try 4-5 June $239
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:53 pm

Great find.
Booked the Fairmont Vancouver Airport @ $109 CAD April 23.

With a rate like this, I'm glad to see the OP get ten bucks! Good on them for taking the initiative to help their employer kick start revenues
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:30 am

Programs: Delta Platinum AA Platinum UA Dirt Grey Marriott Ambassador Hyatt Globalist
Booked in SIN for 6-9 MAY !

Now to find a ticket ^
Old Apr 4, 2009, 1:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
FWIW contrary to what is stated in OP you do not need to use the employee ID code to complete a reservation as all that is required is the discount code NFAF to obtain these rates.

I enjoy a deal as much as the next person but colour me somewhat skeptical of this one as it just doesn't ring true to the way Fairmont promotes its deals or offers. Don't mean to rain on the parade but it doesn't compute for me.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 1:37 am

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Originally Posted by tcook052
FWIW contrary to what is stated in OP you do not need to use the employee ID code to complete a reservation as all that is required is the discount code NFAF to obtain these rates.

I enjoy a deal as much as the next person but colour me somewhat skeptical of this one as it just doesn't ring true to the way Fairmont promotes its deals or offers. Don't mean to rain on the parade but it doesn't compute for me.
That is correct, you don't need to use the employee ID code. But from what it's probably safer to have it attached to your reservation so if there is any question during your check-in, the code can be traced back to whomever is promoting it.

What doesn't compute? The rates are right there on the website with the promotional code. I currently work with Fairmont and their occupancy levels have been lower than ever which makes sense for them to offer rates like this. People don't have much money these days to fork over for a hotel room.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
What doesn't compute? The rates are right there on the website with the promotional code. I currently work with Fairmont and their occupancy levels have been lower than ever which makes sense for them to offer rates like this. People don't have much money these days to fork over for a hotel room.
I don't dispute the desire to keep occupancy rates as high as possible and dropping the price at luxury hotels is the best way to do that. However it seems suspect to me the way the deal surfaced. Why can't anyone find more about this promotion online at Fairmont.com? Was it mentioned in either a Fairmont or FPC email? Wouldn't you think a hotel chain would publicize it's sales/special offers to fill up more rooms rather than have it leak out online?

It's only my guess, and I will happily be proven completely wrong, that this is a discounted rate for employees and their families and close friends only and is not a rate meant for public consumption.

Last edited by tcook052; Apr 4, 2009 at 2:18 am
Old Apr 4, 2009, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
I work with Fairmont hotels and can confirm this is a legit deal. I heard that Fairmont is offering this because of the low occupancy numbers at their hotels because of the bad economy. The rates are pretty crazy... not too far off the rates we get as employees there.

The person who posted this deal does get $10 for each booking that they get with their booker code and are entered into a company-wide draw for prizes. I don't think you have to worry about anything other than your own ID when checking in.
It seem to be a legit deal, but I am also not sure.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by tcook052
Why can't anyone find more about this promotion online at Fairmont.com? Was it mentioned in either a Fairmont or FPC email? Wouldn't you think a hotel chain would publicize it's sales/special offers to fill up more rooms rather than have it leak out online?
FWIW Intercontinental Hotels is doing this exact same thing at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.