Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] FAIRMONT HOTELS - Employee Friends and Family Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
This whole NFAF deadline seems is all made up.. Is it to create a sense of urgency so people would book? Still haven't got the e-mail from Nyx.txt.. will report back once I read it.
What I once though was a dose of healthy skepticism has gone to, if I may, a stubborn unwillingness to believe all others who've tried to educate you on the NFAF promo. It's not like publicly advertised sales, bonuses or specials because it was never meant to be one but rather a way in slower times for Fairmont to build word-of-mouth buzz through viral marketing networks and person-to-person referrals. Fairmont extended the promo code once and by all indications seems set to do so again.

Don't fuss that bookings made won't be honoured because I have no reason to doubt they will be and have been dealing with Fairmont as a company for years and know the generally high standard of service with which they deal with their customers. It's all good just breath deeply and trust the advice given by the oustanding Fairmont staffers who've offered their advice on this thread and elsewhere on FT.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
What I once though was a dose of healthy skepticism has gone to, if I may, a stubborn unwillingness to believe all others who've tried to educate you on the NFAF promo. It's not like publicly advertised sales, bonuses or specials because it was never meant to be one but rather a way in slower times for Fairmont to build word-of-mouth buzz through viral marketing networks and person-to-person referrals. Fairmont extended the promo code once and by all indications seems set to do so again.

Don't fuss that bookings made won't be honoured because I have no reason to doubt they will be and have been dealing with Fairmont as a company for years and know the generally high standard of service with which they deal with their customers. It's all good just breath deeply and trust the advice given by the oustanding Fairmont staffers who've offered their advice on this thread and elsewhere on FT.
What are you talking about? I see that you are inferring that I'm stubborn and not trusting reservations.. I see that you are moderator.. why don't you read my posts before making comments that have no basis or fact.

The fact is, if you read my posts, I have been to Fairmonts for 70 stays and have confirmed personally that I've never had a problem with Fairmont honoring rates.. Second of all, I've been offered to see an internal e-mail regarding NFAF deadline, so I accepted it the offer see it.. I did not solicit for it.. and I'm still waiting for it.

I've booked my two Hawaii stays past the March 31st, 2010 deadline, so I've been a catalyst to convince FT board that the March 31st, 2010 deadline is not for stays, but may be referring to the deadline of a booking period, similar to their current Winter Sale.

Anyways, this fictitious deadline so far has been bunk, but I will report my findings if I ever get the e-mail nyx.txt offered.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
The email has been sent. Some people have to work on weekends so I'm sorry if you felt I was avoiding you or something. Patience.

Anyway, we all understand what you are saying as the rates will probably be honoured but we are just giving a warning so no one is disappointed in the rare event that they ARE denied. I understand that they system still allows bookings that are for stays after the March 31, 2010 deadline but that is only one of many flaws about the Fairmont online reservation system. This among other things has been mentioned about the reservation system that Fairmont offers (that it is not one of the greatest). I'm sure they realized that people are making the reservations for past the deadline through the system but at this point they will let it fly because of all the revenue it is bring in for the company.

What are you talking about? I see that you are inferring that I'm stubborn and not trusting reservations.. I see that you are moderator.. why don't you read my posts before making comments that have no basis or fact.

The fact is, if you read my posts, I have been to Fairmonts for 70 stays and have confirmed personally that I've never had a problem with Fairmont honoring rates.. Second of all, I've been offered to see an internal e-mail regarding NFAF deadline, so I accepted it the offer see it.. I did not solicit for it.. and I'm still waiting for it.

I've booked my two Hawaii stays past the March 31st, 2010 deadline, so I've been a catalyst to convince FT board that the March 31st, 2010 deadline is not for stays, but may be referring to the deadline of a booking period, similar to their current Winter Sale.

Anyways, this fictitious deadline so far has been bunk, but I will report my findings if I ever get the e-mail nyx.txt offered.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 6:37 pm

I see that you are moderator.. why don't you read my posts before making comments that have no basis or fact.
I am definately not a moderator, which makes your comment about reading posts doubly ironic.

Just because you don't believe it does not make it ficticious.

Your disbelief is all the harder to understand given your familiarity with the Fairmont brand. If 70 nights of presumably excellent customer service hasn't convinced you Fairmont isn't out to shaft it's customers, what will? Surely not anything anyone here says it would seem so I for one will give up. Enjoy Fairmont and trust things will work as the wise folk here are trying to tell you they will.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I am definately not a moderator, which makes your comment about reading posts doubly ironic.

Just because you don't believe it does not make it ficticious.

Your disbelief is all the harder to understand given your familiarity with the Fairmont brand. If 70 nights of presumably excellent customer service hasn't convinced you Fairmont isn't out to shaft it's customers, what will? Surely not anything anyone here says it would seem so I for one will give up. Enjoy Fairmont and trust things will work as the wise folk here are trying to tell you they will.
OK, you are not a moderator.. my boo boo Where are you getting this bs that I'm saying Fairmont is out to shaft its' customers.. quote the post because I think you are mistaken.. I've always said to FTers that you can trust Fairmont in what you've booked because they honored my rates a 100% of the time. Their service is excellent without question, and if you booked an NFAF rate.. you will have no problem with Fairmont honoring the rate you've booked. Simply print out reservation and take it with you as proof.

You're mistaken of 70 nights.. read the post.. it's 70 stays, some 225nights. IMO, you're picking a fight when there isn't one.

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Mar 13, 2010 at 9:34 pm
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
The email has been sent. Some people have to work on weekends so I'm sorry if you felt I was avoiding you or something. Patience.

Anyway, we all understand what you are saying as the rates will probably be honoured but we are just giving a warning so no one is disappointed in the rare event that they ARE denied. I understand that they system still allows bookings that are for stays after the March 31, 2010 deadline but that is only one of many flaws about the Fairmont online reservation system. This among other things has been mentioned about the reservation system that Fairmont offers (that it is not one of the greatest). I'm sure they realized that people are making the reservations for past the deadline through the system but at this point they will let it fly because of all the revenue it is bring in for the company.
Thanks nyx.t2t, I did receive the e-mail, and as promise will keep confidential. May I confirm that March 31, 2010 is in fact the deadline, but is an internal deadline in which employees who help with NFAF bookings with booker ID would be compensated (something I knew already because I have several friends/contacts who work at the hotels). Compensation has already been mentioned in FT threads that I've read, so I won't go there.

Note: No NFAF termination mentioned in the e-mail though, so the promotion may continue, but maybe w/o employee compensation.. or could possibly be terminated if internet NFAF bookings is 100% tied to employee rewards/compensation for bookings. IMO, employees like nyx.t2t should continue to be compensated for their connections and hard work.. so hopefully extend the internal deadline for the employees to be rewarded from the hard work. PM, nyx.txt if you need the Booker ID.. he's a good guy on our side.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 9:58 pm

IMO, you're picking a fight when there isn't one.
I'm sure many of us thought the same thing with your reluctance to accept the input of others on this forum, though glad to see that has changed. And yes, nyx.txt is one of the good guys. ^
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:08 pm
Suspended

I'm sure many of us thought the same thing with your reluctance to accept the input of others on this forum, though glad to see that has changed. And yes, nyx.txt is one of the good guys. ^
I think sometimes the tone of posts can be mistaken.. so I shall watch for that because I'm just here to share and receive knowledge for a better travel experience for all. I'm sure you're one of the good guys too.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:28 pm

I think sometimes the tone of posts can be mistaken.. so I shall watch for that because I'm just here to share and receive knowledge for a better travel experience for all. I'm sure you're one of the good guys too.
Most of the time. I appreciate and echo the sentiment about sharing info as that's what makes FT the community it is. Enjoy your future Fairmont stays.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: Fairmont President's Club, Aeroplan, Airmiles
Thanks. I really do hope they extend this particular NFAF promotion even if compensation is not given. Ensures that I will always have a job.

Thanks nyx.t2t, I did receive the e-mail, and as promise will keep confidential. May I confirm that March 31, 2010 is in fact the deadline, but is an internal deadline in which employees who help with NFAF bookings with booker ID would be compensated (something I knew already because I have several friends/contacts who work at the hotels). Compensation has already been mentioned in FT threads that I've read, so I won't go there.

Note: No NFAF termination mentioned in the e-mail though, so the promotion may continue, but maybe w/o employee compensation.. or could possibly be terminated if internet NFAF bookings is 100% tied to employee rewards/compensation for bookings. IMO, employees like nyx.t2t should continue to be compensated for their connections and hard work.. so hopefully extend the internal deadline for the employees to be rewarded from the hard work. PM, nyx.txt if you need the Booker ID.. he's a good guy on our side.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nyx.t2t
Thanks. I really do hope they extend this particular NFAF promotion even if compensation is not given. Ensures that I will always have a job.
So did you get a free trip out of it all yet? Is the referral fees adding up? I'm glad that Fairmont is doing the NFAF for their employees.. the NFAF makes sense because it rewards employees, F&F, and ultimately the hotels. Fairmont needs to keep the momentum going with the NFAF promo..

Mark March 31st, 2010 in the calendars. Ultimately we'll know whether bookings can continue past this date. Whatever bookings are made up until March 31st, 2010 (for reservations presumably until June 30th, 2010), will certainly be honored by Fairmont.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
OK Kid's, lets all play nice
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:01 pm

Well, they have chosen an alternative route to promote, and so far its fairly succesfull. I've taken advantage of this, and hope they renew a few more times.

Last edited by dmitriy1; Mar 16, 2010 at 5:35 pm
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
OK Kid's, lets all play nice
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:20 pm

NFAF is upgradeable using certs. Nice feature is you can cancel without penalty. We have used certs in our past 3 stays with NFAF, and our upcoming 22 nights in Hawaii/Maui. Note: Great Rates, Great Dates is not upgradeable.
Awesome deal. The NFAF rate for the Kea Lani is now showing up as $300/night...a far cry from the $169/night seen last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.