Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF KF
Any clues on if the RC offer will appear for January?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:38 pm

Get a Hyatt credit card. The card give you Hyatt Platinum Status which MIFE will match to MLIFE GOLD which includes free parking. ......plus you get 2 free nights at any Hyatt.

Go to Luxor and/ or Excalibur ( I played a little at Mandalay but the free night room offers had a lot of blackout dates) and play some slots, table games, etc........nothing crazy and they will send you offers for free nights and comps.

I bet sports in Vegas and most of my bets are not at MLIFE properties ( which don't ask for or take a players card when betting sports anyway so those bets would not count towards comps) and we get offers for free rooms all the time.

We get 2 free nights, $100 Food beverage and $50 slot play and go to Vegas 2 -3 times year on these offers Saturday - Monday

Add in my vegas slots and 2 people can add another $275 in food/bev comps, $50 more in free slot play plus 2/1 monorail tickets per trip

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 15, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Old Nov 16, 2016, 7:43 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Get a Hyatt credit card. The card give you Hyatt Platinum Status which MIFE will match to MLIFE GOLD which includes free parking. ......plus you get 2 free nights at any Hyatt.
This is changing March 1, 2017. After that the Hyatt card will only get you Mlife Pearl status. Still free self-parking, but no free Valet. Pearl is pretty easy to earn anyway, so in my opinion not worth it to get the Hyatt card just for mlife Pearl status.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
This is changing March 1, 2017. After that the Hyatt card will only get you Mlife Pearl status. Still free self-parking, but no free Valet. Pearl is pretty easy to earn anyway, so in my opinion not worth it to get the Hyatt card just for mlife Pearl status.
I would never get the Hyatt card based on MLIFE gold

I'm good until October 2017 for MLIFE Gold so anyone who gets the Hyatt card now would be gold for almost a year plus the 2 free nights at any Hyatt.

We use our free nights for the Hyatt Newport RI which is over $500 a night but even using them at Bellagio or Aria, etc would bring a nice return

I really only use Gold status to bypass the check in and buffet line so if Pearl doesn't get me the bypass I'll just go back to churning the Hyatt card as opposed to keeping it and paying the Annual fee for one free night

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 16, 2016 at 3:22 pm
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: DL,AA,RR
Travelling for the first time to LV in December with girlfriend, dates being Dec 23-27. Using RC offer, the cheapest I could see among the top are around $50 per day for MGM Grand . Is this a good price for MGM? Any tips/suggestions.

Also, since I will be there for 4 days, I will be splitting my reservation into 2 days each, that way I can get $300 Resort Credit. Are there any special conditions with this credit? I hope it can be used at all MGM properties ???
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by camsam
Travelling for the first time to LV in December with girlfriend, dates being Dec 23-27. Using RC offer, the cheapest I could see among the top are around $50 per day for MGM Grand . Is this a good price for MGM? Any tips/suggestions.

Also, since I will be there for 4 days, I will be splitting my reservation into 2 days each, that way I can get $300 Resort Credit. Are there any special conditions with this credit? I hope it can be used at all MGM properties ???

You will also get charged a $29 resort fee per day

Resort Credit is good at any MLIFE property.

Look into my vegas slots on Facebook, We grab an extra $300 in free comps per trip playing free slots but you don't have much time.

I'm sure you can still get some buy 1 get 1 free buffets, monorail passes, etc in you play for a month especially if you both play.

Any questions feel free to ask
Old Nov 23, 2016, 1:19 am

You will also get charged a $29 resort fee per day

Resort Credit is good at any MLIFE property.

Look into my vegas slots on Facebook, We grab an extra $300 in free comps per trip playing free slots but you don't have much time.

I'm sure you can still get some buy 1 get 1 free buffets, monorail passes, etc in you play for a month especially if you both play.

Any questions feel free to ask

Thanks for that. Will start playing this from today. Just got into the FB page and all I need is to play games?

Since I have four days, I am planning to visit Grand Canyon as well. Looking at few groupon deals, I see that one day trips are about $60 each to south rim. Is this good enough? My plan initially was not to rent car , but if renting a car is better, I will do that.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Thanks for that. Will start playing this from today. Just got into the FB page and all I need is to play games?

Since I have four days, I am planning to visit Grand Canyon as well. Looking at few groupon deals, I see that one day trips are about $60 each to south rim. Is this good enough? My plan initially was not to rent car , but if renting a car is better, I will do that.
When we went, our choice was about $60 each for a bus trip, or renting a car.

...but when we realized it'd be under $200 to rent a Corvette, including gas, it seemed crazy not to do it.

Still one of the best driving days of my life.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by YOWgary
When we went, our choice was about $60 each for a bus trip, or renting a car.

...but when we realized it'd be under $200 to rent a Corvette, including gas, it seemed crazy not to do it.

Still one of the best driving days of my life.
Interesting. I will keep this in mind.

Any suggestions for Hotel? After little more research, I have the option to chose from Mandalay bay, Delano, Mirage and MGM for the dates I am travelling,as the rates are almost comparable. Each of these get $150 RC, assuming that I want to stay at two properties, which of these are better?

I guess MB and Delano are kind of away from strip, does Mirage and MGM combo make sense?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:19 pm

Unless you are Pearl status or above you will have to pay for parking at MGM if you get a a car, the monorail is right behind MGM and goes all the way down the strip and beyond to SLS, Westgate is a must stop if you like to bet sports. You can get buy 1 get one free all day ( or multiple day) monorail passes on My Vegas slots

Too bad you didn't start earlier as My Vegas has Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam bus trips/tours.

You can click on "info" next to your gold chip balance i the top right hand corner to see how many points you need for an award.

NEVER BUY POINTS, it takes time but you can get everything for free.

You can play on Facebook via a laptop and on your cell via an app and the points link.

As you go along it's easier, I play a game called Sugar shop and set it for 500 automatic spins and check on it every half hour or so
Old Nov 28, 2016, 6:16 am

Programs: DL PM
If you're talking about the Royal Caribbean offer, it's unclear if the resort credit is just for the property you're staying at, or any M life property. Reports just in the past few pages of this thread are conflicting. With my stay at Mirage last week they told me it's only good at Mirage.

NEVER BUY POINTS, it takes time but you can get everything for free.
Never say never.... normally with Mlife you can only redeem 3 myvegas rewards in a 30-day period. But if you buy enough coins they raise your limit to 4, 5, or more per 30 day period. I'm able to redeem 4 (which I got with $40 spend on coins), but even at that level I'm unable to redeem my 1,000,000 points because this program is so restrictive.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by mudpuppy
Never say never.... normally with Mlife you can only redeem 3 myvegas rewards in a 30-day period. But if you buy enough coins they raise your limit to 4, 5, or more per 30 day period. I'm able to redeem 4 (which I got with $40 spend on coins), but even at that level I'm unable to redeem my 1,000,000 points because this program is so restrictive.
Do as you wish, I go with my wife so we get 6 MLIFE awards and a buy 1 get one free monorail pass plus if we time it right and they have a concert and free tickets at House of Blues.

Our 6 awards are $100 Excalibur Steakhouse, $75 Tender Steakhouse , $50 each in comp slot play, Buy 1 get 1 free dinner at 9 fine Irishmen and a buy 1 get 1 free buffet breakfast for the morning we checkout and of course the buy 1 get one free monorail so we get about $350 in my vegas comps ( plus the usual $100 food and $100 slot on the comped room) for free so we are all set.

Some awards such as Monorail , Palace Station, House of Blues etc, etc don't count towards the 3 per person limit
Old Dec 4, 2016, 2:22 pm

Resort fees and Orbitz, Cheaptickets, etc etc

As a disclaimer (?) I live in Vegas but actively take advantage of deals for myself and others, I tend to focus on the lower price properties, not the "best" that Vegas has to offer which upon casual observation, seems to have the attention of most of those actively participating in this sub-forum ... lately I've been noticing two disturbing trends...

1. Resort fees (imho) have always been a total sham, and with luck some day the FTC will actually do something about it, but in the interim, they have grown by leaps and bounds, even among the lowest quality properties; even the downtown properties, which tended to be the holdouts in the past, have (almost) all jumped in...the online sites vary in (a) the amount of disclosure, if any, of these additional fees; and (b) the accuracy of the fees. I find it disgusting when I read the promotional pricing of properties without saying up front that the advertised price may be twice when adding in those fees... The take away from my comment, not that they exist, but that they are increasing rapidly, and are being extended to the lower end of the properties which either did not have them, or were purely token.

2. Lately, the major online sites like Orbitz, Cheaptickets, etc., which are all run by the same King, have been increasingly EXCLUDING the lower price properties from their "deals" which often use the presence of a key word, advertised on their websites (and which are often reflected in the wiki). Once upon a time, those "deal words" worked across the board, but increasingly you are advised that the properties are not included when trying to book using the promotion. They are effectively and increasingly, excluding the lower price properties from the promotions.

Last edited by randix; Dec 4, 2016 at 2:24 pm Reason: grammar
Old Dec 4, 2016, 6:16 pm

Example...

see attached
Attached Images  
Old Dec 9, 2016, 6:34 pm

Only saw this mentioned in one other post, surprisingly... but they changed the terms of the Royal Offer so that it can only be used by MGM-owned restaurants, not partner restaurants. When I went in April I could use it for $150 off at Craftsteak for example, but now, the list of participating restos at MGM looks like this:

Participating Venues: Avenue Café, Corner Cakes, FiAMMA, Hecho en Vegas, MGM Grand Buffet, TAP SPORTS, Lobby Bar, and Centrifuge Lounge
Exclusions: Emeril’s, Foot Court, Joel Robuchon, Stage Deli, Pool Complex, Mini Bar, Pieology, Hakkasan, CRUSH, Brad Garrett, PUB 1842, L’Atelier, In-Room Dining, Starbucks, Grand Wok, Craftsteak, Whiskey Down and Losers Lounge.

I called Mandalay Bay too and they said the only places you could use the credit is Noodle Shop, Citizen's Cafe, 3940 Coffee Shop and Beach Bar Grill. Interestingly, the Mandalay Bay reservationist said it can be used on in-room dining, whereas the MGM Grand concierge I spoke with gave me a list that excluded it, which leads me to believe the MB person was confused.

This is a big blow to what was a pretty good program, these MGM-owned restaurants are pretty lackluster compared to L'Atelier and Charlie Palmer's et al... getting $150 off at Craftsteak was amazing, $150 for the buffet is whatever. Spa services still apply, but everything at hotel-owned spas is overpriced.

Has anyone tried using the royal resort credit at non-MGM restaurants lately? This kind of kills the deal for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.