Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:29 am

Programs: AC *P
Originally Posted by steviewire
Wow they are high prices, as aacharya as pointed out there are some big conventions on that week.

As a comparison I am in Vegas w/c 11 Dec and the Luxor which is near NYNY is coming out at $184 + resort fees for Wed to Mon whilst your trip on 2 to 7 Nov is $994 + resort fees. I have searched hotels.com for these results.

For Priceline/hotwire they come into their own when you know the star rating and location but not bothered about the hotel name. You take pot luck but if you look at the facilities and compare to regular price you can usually work out what property it is. For your dates I don't think these sites are going to help you achieve your goal of $500. There are numerous guides available on various forums explaining hotwire/priceline and what the winning properties can be.

So for your dates you are unfortunately looking at low budget off strip properties.
It is a bit unfair to compare Dec 11'ish because that is probably the "deadest" weekend in LV every year.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: Air Canada P25K, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, MGM Gold
Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
It is a bit unfair to compare Dec 11'ish because that is probably the "deadest" weekend in LV every year.
Vegas is never really dead. Unless you are going for a specific event, it makes sense to go on lower priced dates. My wedding anniversary is during the weekend that the OP mentioned, but when I saw the hotel prices, I booked for a couple weeks later. NYNY is $1367 for the OP's dates, and $449 for Nov. 23-28. In fact, you could book Aria on those dates for about $700.

Last edited by Low Roller; Oct 19, 2016 at 9:59 am
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA
I learn something every day, I just compared those dates because that was when I was going, quite fortunate then that I have booked the quetest time of the year to go. I have been numerous times throughout the year and found accommodation in late Jan/Feb also inexpensive, even in peak Summer the prices were reasonable.

Must be the convention season in Nov and early Dec, nobody wants to go to a convention the week before Xmas week then
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by steviewire
I learn something every day, I just compared those dates because that was when I was going, quite fortunate then that I have booked the quetest time of the year to go. I have been numerous times throughout the year and found accommodation in late Jan/Feb also inexpensive, even in peak Summer the prices were reasonable.

Must be the convention season in Nov and early Dec, nobody wants to go to a convention the week before Xmas week then
Or the days before Thanksgiving. That's the time I go every year. Take an early fight home Thanksgiving day(airport is dead also) and home for dinner with the family.

I'm paying $353 plus resort fees for the 3 nights at The Encore with 2 breakfast buffets daily and panaromic view!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Or the days before Thanksgiving. That's the time I go every year. Take an early fight home Thanksgiving day(airport is dead also) and home for dinner with the family.

I'm paying $353 plus resort fees for the 3 nights at The Encore with 2 breakfast buffets daily and panaromic view!
Now that is a good rate for the Encore about $440 or so inc especially with the buffets.

For us Brits we have taken a big hit with the exchange rate recently so trips to the US or in fact anywhere are now more expensive Maybe Vegas isn't the place to go to save money
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:21 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by iamamy
Thanks everyone for your help. I actually didn't plan this trip, it just fell in my lap. But I REALLY need a decently priced hotel for that week. If anyone has any tips/tricks/suggestions, please share. Also, I've never used priceline, but I'm willing to do so, I just need some guidance.

Thanks again!!!
I am going during this time also. I ended up booking Plaza downtown for about $61. It was either that, or way the hell out at Red Rock or Lake Las Vegas for $80. Fortunately I am only there for 1 night.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
My advice is to get a founderscard membership to get some low rates at the caesar's properties. https://founderscard.com

Last edited by MileageAddict; Oct 30, 2016 at 8:26 am Reason: referral link removed
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by iamamy
An opportunity has become available for me to fly to Vegas in a few weeks. I need a reasonably priced room. Many people say not to use points in Las Vegas as there are too many hotel deals to be had. I'm not finding them. Can anyone make a suggestion on an affordable hotel. I do not gamble very much, so a comped room is probably not possible. Thanks!!
Rooms can be had central strip at the Flamingo (if booked far enough in advance ) for $21. It's no Mirage, but the renovated rooms are ok if you're solo. Remember to add resort fees. That's the rate I booked for a December stay.

As for cheap rooms, did you try lmtclub.com? You can google a free membership code online. I checked your dates, and found cheap $100 or so a night rooms central strip. Would I stay at

Palace Station for $100? No.
Rio is off the strip at $114.
Luxor is $122. Not so bad.
Excalibur was $133. That's an easy pass for me.
Bally's is $141, with acceptable rooms.
Flamingo is $151.
Mandalay is $189 and south strip.

All rates are per night. Looks like your stuck at a low end property.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:16 pm

So I need to book 2 rooms at Vegas. Also using the RC offer for $100 credit at the Monte Carlo. If I want BOTH rooms to get $100 credit each, can I book 2 separate reservations using my MLife account? Must the names be different? Thanks!
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:31 am
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Originally Posted by mdd100
My advice is to get a founderscard membership to get some low rates at the caesar's properties. https://founderscard.com/
You can get some discounts i have heard. "little'downside that poster, who is benefitting from clicking this link and registering ( no problem with that, i just think you should declare it) is forgetting to mention, is that the card costs $795 per year

Last edited by MileageAddict; Oct 30, 2016 at 8:26 am
Old Oct 27, 2016, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
So I need to book 2 rooms at Vegas. Also using the RC offer for $100 credit at the Monte Carlo. If I want BOTH rooms to get $100 credit each, can I book 2 separate reservations using my MLife account? Must the names be different? Thanks!
Has to be different since you're technically only allowed 1 promo at a time.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 11:32 am

Could I be able to use the $150 RC credit at Aria buffet or Bellagio if I book at MANDALAY BAY hotel? The last time I was be able to use the Vdara $150 credit at Aria. TIA.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, SPG Plat, AS MVP 75k Gold, Wyndham Diamon, Caesar's Diamond,
Originally Posted by Hollandair
You can get some discounts i have heard. "little'downside that poster, who is benefitting from clicking this link and registering ( no problem with that, i just think you should declare it) is forgetting to mention, is that the card costs $795 per year
I didn't post a personal referral link. I just shared a general. I'm paying 295/ year. So the advertise the 795 but even my offer link i have is much lower than that. Some of the benefits will cover that in one shot.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by TuanT
Could I be able to use the $150 RC credit at Aria buffet or Bellagio if I book at MANDALAY BAY hotel? The last time I was be able to use the Vdara $150 credit at Aria. TIA.
Unless they've changed it recently, Mandalay can only be used at Mandalay. Vdara can be used at Aria/Vdara/Bellagio. Mirage can be used anywhere. Hope that helps.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:03 pm

It's really weird. I recently stayed at the Mandalay Bay using the Royal Caribbean offer. When I checked in, the rep said my credit could be used at any MGM property. I asked again later in the day, and was told the same thing. I ended up dining at the Aria and MGM, charging the bill to my room. When I went to check out, the credit applied to those meals automatically.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.