Reload this Page >

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by trajanc
I totally agree. To get the most out of this offer you really have to pick your shot date wise. Unfortunately we are locked into our dates and 2 of the 4 days rates are really high. Booked Delano but am considering switching to an off strip condo property for a lot less money even taking into account the resort credit. Once you add the resort fee and parking that credit can look very small.
No kidding. The Travelodge, which admittedly has a good location, goes for 150+/night on the weekend. That's with all fees, parking, and a free (I assume very subpar) breakfast. That's the Travelodge!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: United Member, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Just stayed at Monte Carlo this past weekend and my MLife (I'm platinum) room offer had a $50 resort credit. Although I checked out of the room, the VIP services confirmed she'd keep my account open so I can still post charges to the room to use the resort credit. I tried to charge drinks from Prime @ Bellagio onto the room but was informed the room has been checked in by someone else so they couldn't post the charge to the room. I ended up paying on my CC and now trying to get MC to adjust the charge so they can apply the $50 resort credit, saying the promo code won't work for charge from other MLife properties. I've never had issues before. They're now saying resort credit is only for charges from MC and can't be from other MLife properties. I see most FT'ers had no issues using resort credit at other properties.

Any advice?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, PC Plat, SPG Gold
You may just have to pay. Stayed at the MGM Grand with resort credit. They said the resort credit only applied to the property we're staying at.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
We also just used the Royal Offer at MGM. The credit is not only restricted to MGM, but to a small and shrinking subset of the restaurants. Several that I ate at before with resort credit, like Grand Wok, Pub 1842, and Starbucks, aren't on the approved list anymore. Besides some bars and the cake shop, you're left with the buffet, TAP, Hecho, Shabuya, and maybe one other. It's still a good deal, though, and the buffet seemed much better this time.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 4:41 pm

Stayed at the Monte Carlo this week, RC offer with $100 resort credit. I came in late (11pm) and was told at check-in the resort credit applied for any MGM properties.

The next day I went by the Mlife (Gold/PLT/Noir) check-in just to double check and they said no, only Monte Carlo charges apply. Was able to eat/drink at The Pub, Double Barrel, Boulevard Creamery and the buffet with my credit. FYI, taxes are included but tips are not.

Was my first time using this offer, adding the resort fee, if you can get in on weekdays when room rates are sub $40, I think this can be a good deal for hotels with 100-150$ credit.

For the Aria and its $200 credit, I may even consider it with those $98-101 room rates. Just because I have never stayed there and want to try its facilities/restaurants.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:34 pm

I am going for 5 nights. Have to book at Mirage. Should I make 2 bookings of 2 nights & 3 nights to get 2 x $150 credits ?

Should I do both bookings under my name itself or under different names AND use different credit cards with the person I am travelling with ? I would prefer to use one name and one credit card. Also, I cannot do 2 different MGM properties. It has to be anyone (preferably Mirage).

If anyone has successfully made 2 bookings under 1 name & 1 cc please let me know your experience.

Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell
I used the royal Caribbean offer at mirage last month for 4 nights, 2 bookings each of 2 nights. Got the $150 twice, just checked out & straight back in. Could use it at any MGM resort which was perfect
Did you make the 2 bookings under 2 different names & use diff cc ?

I have a 5 night stay to book at Mirage. Thinking of splitting it into 2 & 3 nights stay.

Don't want to change rooms or properties though.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by notkim
Did you make the 2 bookings under 2 different names & use diff cc ?

I have a 5 night stay to book at Mirage. Thinking of splitting it into 2 & 3 nights stay.

Don't want to change rooms or properties though.
I'd set it up under two different names and two different credit cards if I were you. I wouldn't try to arrange the same room until the second reservation began.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:28 pm

I stayed at the Mirage last month, and as previous posters have said, the front desk agent checking me in told me that the resort credit could be used at any MGM restaurant.

However, while the charges from the various Mirage restaurants were auto-removed, the Bellagio buffet charge was not. I didn't use up the full $150 credit until early morning of the checkout day, and those charges were not auto-removed (even though some were from the same restaurants that had been auto-removed earlier).

When checking out, I simply told the agent that the most recent restaurant charges were not credited, and she removed all the remaining charges, including the Bellagio buffet from the previous afternoon.

BTW, I believe that the credit works as a "comp" so the meal is free, and thus no tax is due on the free item. I had slightly >$150 in charges with tax, but since everything was removed, I think you actually get $150 worth of pre-tax credits. Or it could have been due to the manual application of the credit at checkout - the way to test this is to have only Mirage restaurant charges and see how much is auto-credited.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 9:51 am

Had a question for the pros: I have been checking the rates at Mirage since the last week. The rates have gone up by $50 - $75 over this weekend (since Thur - Sat).

I have a trip coming up in mid-October. Should I book now (under the Royal offer) bec. the rates are going up or should I wait, and see if the rates go down during the weekday?
Old Sep 10, 2016, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by notkim
Had a question for the pros: I have been checking the rates at Mirage since the last week. The rates have gone up by $50 - $75 over this weekend (since Thur - Sat).

I have a trip coming up in mid-October. Should I book now (under the Royal offer) bec. the rates are going up or should I wait, and see if the rates go down during the weekday?

I would book now on the Royal offer.
You can always revise your reservation with another code should the rate go down. It's always better to make the initial reservation as you will always get your deposit refunded.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by surikatina
I would book now on the Royal offer.
You can always revise your reservation with another code should the rate go down. It's always better to make the initial reservation as you will always get your deposit refunded.

Thank you for the quick reply !

One more Q if you / someone can answer: I am doing 2 diff bookings under 2 names with 2 diff cc (my co-worker & myself)......but can I do BOTH the booking under MY Mlife account ?

My co-worker does not have a MLife account and does not want to bother opening one.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:22 pm
esp
Suspended

Interestingly, Vdara used part of my resort credit ($150 Royal Offer) to pay off a part of the resort fees ($32 per day or whatever).
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:36 pm

What's the cancellation policy on the RC promo? Looked in terms and conditions but no dice.

edit: NVM...72 hours deposit refundable...found it during test book.

Last edited by Jed Murakami; Sep 18, 2016 at 9:49 pm
Old Sep 19, 2016, 12:52 pm

I used the Royal Caribbean promo for several times in the past years.
During the check in, some agents will tell you it is ok to use the credit at any MGM restaurants, some agents will say it is on property only.
As far as I can tell, whatever these agents said does not matter. If you use the credit towards places in the hotel you are staying, it is normally removed automatically. If you use other MGM properties, it is a crap shot. However, I was always able to call customer service to get the credit applied after checkout.
Not sure if things have changed recently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.