Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:36 pm

credit

Originally Posted by yarrowfell
Just to let people know we are currently at Mandalay and used this and got $450 credit. Having a hard time using it and my travel partners are sick so not interested in food :-(
So if i have the resort credit for 2 night with the Royal deal, and check out and check back in to the same hotel, I would get 2 resort credits, right?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:49 pm

Update from my last posts: The SLS was great, I would definitely recommend staying there! But it is pretty off-strip and that's a minus. Rooms were pretty small but well-designed and cool, the entire hotel was very hip. $5 blackjack all day doesn't hurt either.

Now I'm looking to use the Royal Caribbean offer for a stay later this month. Want to stay at Monte Carlo and use the resort credit at Craftsteak at MGM Grand. Everything I've heard anecdotally says this should be possible—called Craftsteak and they said they can bill the meal to my room at Monte Carlo; from what I know the credit just takes off automatically from the room—but getting a little nervous from the recent posts in this thread. Have heard a lot of you guys say you've used the credit at different resorts. Wondering if anyone who has stayed somewhere in 2016 has been able to pull this off? Or they hand you a list of restaurants you can use it at and that's the final word?

I called M Life and they said it can only be used on-property but don't really trust them based on the conflicting answers I've heard people get elsewhere in this thread. Really would only be interested in the offer if I can use it at Craftsteak, I love that place. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:06 pm

Was at the Aria Sunday and Monday nights and was told by 2 different people that the credit could only be used at the Aria, and not other MLife properties, unfortunately, so that message seems to have become pretty consistent.

edited to add that I mean 2 different people at the Concierge desk when I was trying to get tickets to a show and was told that I could see Zarkana at the Aria, but couldn't go to other MGM properties. One of them was nice enough to call to confirm (as Zarkana was dark Sun and Mon nights and I was hoping to use the credit for a show...).

Last edited by oldtraintraveler; Feb 9, 2016 at 5:09 pm Reason: Adding clarification.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by oldtraintraveler
Was at the Aria Sunday and Monday nights and was told by 2 different people that the credit could only be used at the Aria, and not other MLife properties, unfortunately, so that message seems to have become pretty consistent.
Ahh that sucks! Alright I'll take what I can get. Thanks for your help though
Old Feb 10, 2016, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by JHIN
Any discounts coupons etc right now that are valid for Feb 4-7??? Huge thread not sure bout reading 100 pages. Thx
Either use www.mycheapvegas.com for promo codes, or if you're looking to stay before the end of March, the Royal Offer that everyone's been posting seems to be the best deal right now.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 11:39 pm

staying at Aria, does anyone know if the Royal $200 resort credit can be used for in-room charges and minibar charges? seem to have had conflicting experiences here.
Old Feb 21, 2016, 3:56 pm

I know this might not be the typical hotel experience but I thought I'd share our reservation. My family of 4 needs to be able to close a door between the kids and the adults in order for any of us to get a decent night's sleep. So 2 room hotel rooms where off the chart as far as price.
We ended up booking a one bedroom 2 bath suite at MGM Signature (has a pull out sofa in the living room) through VRBO. And the total cost for 5 nights, including taxes and resort fees was $865. And the new parking fees don't apply to the Signature towers.
I don't get special extras, points (except from using my cc) or credits, etc, but the room looks gorgeous and spacious and for my family, it's a much more affordable than the discount rates for hotel rooms of equivalent size.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mingzie
staying at Aria, does anyone know if the Royal $200 resort credit can be used for in-room charges and minibar charges? seem to have had conflicting experiences here.
Call the VIP desk. Ask for a ruling in writing.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
SLS Las Vegas $44

SLS's Vegas property has been in the news lately. It's struggled to gain traction since it was launched, and it was recently announced that the property will be joining Starwood's Tribute Portfolio, with the LUX tower transitioning into a W Hotel. Anyway, I recently found rates as low as $44 a night in late march via LMT Club for this property. Normal going rate (through SPG) is $59, so the discount represents a >25% savings. Not fantastic, but certainly a good deal for the property.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: Variety of rectangular cards with my name on it
Couldn't find a weekend under 77 a night. Dates?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One needs to include obscene resort fees to reflect real prices..
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by KissFlyGoodbye
Couldn't find a weekend under 77 a night. Dates?

Last edited by OKRANKYPANTS; Feb 22, 2016 at 9:23 pm Reason: no answer
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:24 pm

the beginning of may 77 + 33 resort fees
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Mar 27-30, for starters. $44.75.

Agree about the resort fees, but they're to be expected in Vegas these days.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:24 am
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
SLS Las Vegas $44

Was there yesterday. It's the same as when it was under the Hilton flag. Terrible location on the far North strip. A couple of good restaurants but that's about it. Really small and awkwardly laid out rooms. Great place for cheap SPG stay credits now but that's about it. And yes the resort fee is an absolute joke. Hope they have lots of renovation plans in store.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.