Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 8:22 pm

Programs: HH Silver
LMT club has a few decent deals. SLS if you want to be that far North is $262.00. Harrahs Deluxe high roller view is $289.00. Flamingo is $348.00. None of these are showing resort fee's, and are for 2 beds. 1 bed is less. No idea if they are charging resort fee's now or not. Many people say they are not.

I personally hate the strip, so I would pick the Golden Nugget for $219.00 + $60 resort fee.
Old May 23, 2015, 8:28 pm

Ba.com has surprising low rates
Old May 23, 2015, 8:40 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
MrCruse if you feel better, at check in just the two of you can be at the desk. The third person hangs back in the lobby. Joins you at the elevator or five minutes later. ask for two double beds ( DBL DBL). if you need a roll away call Housekeeping directly after a couple of hours.
Old May 24, 2015, 3:47 am

[QUOTE=MrCruse;24860167]Thanks but that would "only" be about 20USD in savings - and a lot more complicated/uncertain vs the flexible rate I have now.

Another question: We will be 3 people but selecting that would raise the price by about 120 USD.. Is it okay if I just book the room for two people and three show up?[/QUOTE

I have found that most rooms in Vegas with 2 beds cost more money and are more limited. Factor that in with your cost comparison.

And never a problem here or anywhere I've ever been.
Old May 24, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: NK - Somebody
Thanks everyone. I joined LMTclub for free now using code: JCCBR2013

But when you select the Flamingo under policies it shows "There is a resort fee payable by the guest". Under these conditions it is actually cheaper with the rate I got on venere.com + the cancellation policy is better on venere.

As far as hotel employees spying on you: You are probably right, I never experienced this and we will act as you suggested.

In terms of Hotel Choice: I have only been to the Mirage (expensive) and the Riviera (does not exist anymore) before and I heard that Flamingo is a good value for its location. We would like to be on the strip.

How do Harrahs/SLS compare against Flamingo?

EDIT: New York, New York would also be fairly cheap and does not mention resort fees under policies on LMTclub. For Harrahs it says resort fees will apply for bookings made after 2nd April 2015.

EDIT2: Also the Flamingo Rate on venere.com includes breakfast. Do you think this might cause problems if we only booked two people on the room?

Last edited by MrCruse; May 24, 2015 at 4:16 am
Old May 24, 2015, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by MrCruse
Thanks everyone. I joined LMTclub for free now using code: JCCBR2013

But when you select the Flamingo under policies it shows "There is a resort fee payable by the guest". Under these conditions it is actually cheaper with the rate I got on venere.com + the cancellation policy is better on venere.

As far as hotel employees spying on you: You are probably right, I never experienced this and we will act as you suggested.

In terms of Hotel Choice: I have only been to the Mirage (expensive) and the Riviera (does not exist anymore) before and I heard that Flamingo is a good value for its location. We would like to be on the strip.

EDIT: New York, New York would also be fairly cheap and does not mention resort fees under policies on LMTclub. For Harrahs it says resort fees will apply for bookings made after 2nd April 2015.

EDIT2: Also the Flamingo Rate on venere.com includes breakfast. Do you think this might cause problems if we only booked two people on the room?
Only 2 people get to eat for free. You will have to pay for the third. Have you checked out Planet Hollywood or Monte Carlo? Tropicana was also recently renovated and I think the prices are cheap.
Old May 24, 2015, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Only 2 people get to eat for free. You will have to pay for the third. Have you checked out Planet Hollywood or Monte Carlo? Tropicana was also recently renovated and I think the prices are cheap.
Thanks Monte Carlo would be a little cheaper (about 20$), but it does not include Breakfast and they do not guarantee 2 Queen Bed rooms - Flamingo does.

PH and Tropicana are more expansive than Flamingo.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:12 pm

But when you select the Flamingo under policies it shows "There is a resort fee payable by the guest". Under these conditions it is actually cheaper with the rate I got on venere.com + the cancellation policy is better on venere. New York, New York would also be fairly cheap and does not mention resort fees under policies on LMTclub.

Their website is really wonky. Sometimes it shows resort fee and sometimes it doesn't. Right now, I am still not showing a resort fee on Flamingo, but I am showing one for NY/NY. I wonder if different browsers bring different results?

I would consider Harrahs a step down from Flamingo, and SLS a step up, although the location is not good, and the rooms are small. SLS is brand new, so it is really nice inside.

I wish someone who has booked recently would come on and let us know if they were charged a resort fee at the Caesars properties.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Thanks Monte Carlo would be a little cheaper (about 20$), but it does not include Breakfast and they do not guarantee 2 Queen Bed rooms - Flamingo does.

PH and Tropicana are more expansive than Flamingo.
I have done practically all the hotels on the strip, business expense you know !
Now when I spend my own dollar, My thinking is, I need a hotel room to sleep in Vegas. A safe place, phone, TV and I can spend more on Shows, gambling and food !
I have benn advised to try the Gold Coast (850 rooms) next to Rio Suites, opp The Palms. Off the Strip but they have a shuttle that runs to the Strip by MGM.
Lower stakes gambling too . will have to check it out.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by HMPS
I have done practically all the hotels on the strip, business expense you know !
Now when I spend my own dollar, My thinking is, I need a hotel room to sleep in Vegas. A safe place, phone, TV and I can spend more on Shows, gambling and food !
I have benn advised to try the Gold Coast (850 rooms) next to Rio Suites, opp The Palms. Off the Strip but they have a shuttle that runs to the Strip by MGM.
Lower stakes gambling too . will have to check it out.
Gold Coast has very nice rooms, as long as you are not expecting a palace. Orleans has a little bit better rooms, with the same shuttle, and a lot nicer pool area and restaurants. I would not hesitate to stay at either one.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by HMPS
The Orleans/Gold Coast shuttle drops you off at The Forum Shops (near Caesars Palace) on Las Vegas Blvd.
Old May 24, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by jaymar01
The Orleans/Gold Coast shuttle drops you off at The Forum Shops (near Caesars Palace) on Las Vegas Blvd.
This shuttle used to drop people off at Bill's Gambling Hall - it must have changed to the Forum Shops when Bill's became the Cromwell.

Thank you for the updated information ^
Old May 24, 2015, 1:54 pm

Flamingo warning...

Stayed there in April...They were redoing some of the halls and they were awful, torn carpet, half way painted hallways. The buffet is only for daytime and the steak house was overpriced and pretty dreadful. The pool area is extremely loud in the adults area and the pool was so cold, no one went into the pool. The upper pool was heated, but dominated by little children.
Old May 24, 2015, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Their website is really wonky. Sometimes it shows resort fee and sometimes it doesn't. Right now, I am still not showing a resort fee on Flamingo, but I am showing one for NY/NY. I wonder if different browsers bring different results?

I would consider Harrahs a step down from Flamingo, and SLS a step up, although the location is not good, and the rooms are small. SLS is brand new, so it is really nice inside.

I wish someone who has booked recently would come on and let us know if they were charged a resort fee at the Caesars properties.
Really appreciate all the Feedback guys. LMT rates would of course be way more attractive if they'd include resort fees. Do you think their support staff would know or are they rather incompetent?

EDIT: @garygleck Thanks for the info. Since we will be staying there in September I would hope that all remodeling is finished by that time. Buffet and Steakhouse do not really interest us. It is more about how nice/spacious the rooms are + location.
Old May 25, 2015, 1:08 am

Lol, if spacious rooms and location are important, then definitely rule out SLS. I personally love it, but it doesn't fit either of those requirement on lower rate rooms.

You could try LMT club customer service. Please let us know what you find out. I suspect they will tell you that any hotel can charge a resort fee of any price any time they like without warning. That is basically what the other OTA's have told me in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.