Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

same document, 2 links >

http://www.lhw.com/LCEmailImages/CMP...il_English.doc
http://www.lhw.com/promoload/1928_email_English.doc

soitgoes, the 1928[at]lhw.com address does not have a verification thing like the personal addresses. i know because i have sent an email to it, as well as a personal address.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:49 pm

I have been a card holding LHW member for years and have not received any follow-up email.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:54 pm

Programs: AC 50K MM, HH DIA, GP DIA, SPG PLT, Delta Gold, Farimont Plat
Originally Posted by diana
I have been a card holding LHW member for years and have not received any follow-up email.
Same, and I did send them an email earlier today.

However, I get great service from the few properties they're associated with that I stay at, and I now have the form thanks to FT, so whether or not I get the email is irrelevant as far as I am concerned.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: All of the above
I received my e-mail about 3pm EST. Mine had a link to the form.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:02 pm

Too bad I don't have timed send on my email!!

Where is everyone shooting for anyhow?

My top 3 are: Enchantment/Sedona, Marquis/Los Cabos, and Alex/NY. I can't justify an intl haul for this... I just can't. I'm not much of a MRer. p.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if it's possible to auto-mail something from yahoo mail so I don't have to be at my computer at noon GMT tomorrow? I don't recall ever seeing such an option (but nor would I ever previously have reason to use it!).

Thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by mcalder
3. All incoming e-mails shall be pocessed in the order in which they are received. E-mail server capacity has been enhanced to accommodate a large influx of e-mails.
6. Only e-mails received on October 2, 2008 between 12:00 noon GMT and 13:20 GMT shall be eligible. (check your time zone convertor for GMT equivilents)

Good luck tomorrow.

Regards,

Marshall Calder
I spent time picking dates and hotels that were potential options. I spent 80 minutes trying to get through this morning. I spend a huge amount of time reading this thread, some of it amusing, some frustrating. I got the form that needs to be filled out, but I will not be available tomorrow morning during the prescribed time.

I'm done. Good luck to all those who email but for me its just not worth any further effort.

All FTs who get a room: please post your results in 7-10 days when you finally get a voice message from LHW that will say "Congrats your email was received and we were able to give you your third hotel choice on the second alternate date. Please call us back within 80 minutes to give us your non refundable credit card info. I we do not hear from you in the 80 minute window will assume you are no longer interested and cancel the reservation."
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:11 pm

Programs: Ozark - Tin; Eastern - Lead; Local Hoosegow - Copper;
Dear

We are deeply sorry for today's disruption of the USD 19.28 sale. Demand for this promotion far surpassed our expectations, and due to the exorbitant amount of traffic to www.lhw.com/1928, we were unable to accommodate travel requests. Nonetheless, we intend on making every effort to honor the offer on a first come, first serve basis, and have devised a plan to enable you to apply for the USD 19.28 rate. (The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. makes no representation or guarantee that it will be able to fulfill your request.)

Please click here to download the form for details. As a reminder, below is a complete list of the hotels participating in this promotion.
The document can't be opened!!!
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\pfw3oD7r.doc.pa rt could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.
I downloaded it and can't open with Acrobat or Word...

Update: Opened it in WordPad...

SNAFU!

Last edited by bgmvp; Oct 1, 2008 at 2:18 pm
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:19 pm

It does seem to me that they are really trying to fix this..
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Automailer folks might want to try a test run! In Outlook, the message will be stamped with the time you pressed send even if you specify a different delivery time. If you're OK with the risk, don't forget to add 5 or 10 minutes in case the time on the LHW mailserver is off a bit
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:21 pm

This company is extremely incompetent. First 2 mails refer to an attachment that did not exist. First website hosted forms demand credit card numbers as if they will charge you for rooms without telling you the final price as taxes and fees are still completely unknown. The only smart thing was to change this since they company would have HUGE penalties by their processing agency if they suddenly got a lot of chargebacks. Now the form it asks everyone to mail it at a particular time tomorrow (i.e. the same 12GMT time period as today) and how they somehow seem to expect their email servers to not have the same fate when they get thousands or hundreds of messages at the same time.

They are requiring some format that is not standard for these kinds of services (not even a platform neutral PDF), so sorry to Mac and Linux users that don't have converts installed. They are also so stupid as to put a graphic file into a Word document which makes the form being sent in even large unnecessarily. They have yet shut down the white list spam service so if you send the message, it'll bounce back to get verified and then you'll have to send it AGAIN. I just sent a test message and had to white-list my email. On the form they fail to allow a spot for email. I, and I assume many others, give the company a uniquest address by which we can receive mail but not send it. So because we are savvy enough to protect our data, we're also being shut out.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:22 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
MarkXS, only 1 person has form with CC boxes.

you can disable the macros.

i opened on a mac, chose to disable the macros. no problem filling out form.

all this crosstalk about absolutely irrelevant stuff might suggest we need a new thread.
I agree completely with MarkXS. Not only are Word documents inappropriate for such a wide distribution of attachments, but considering the number of Word macro viruses out there, enabling macros on those documents only compounds this bad idea. And it's worrisome considering the various IT lapses that LHW has shown.

I appreciate that LHW is trying to make good, but so far it seems like nobody at LHW has a clue.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:27 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by mcalder
2. The nearly 6,000 rooms shall be awarded on a a first come first server basis while supplies last.
May I assume that you have staff on hand to sort through 150,000 emails?

We have a limited number of rooms per property, and presumably some properties will see many more requests than others. The popular properties will be gone after 100 emails have been processed, but it may take much much longer to find takers for the El Cheapo Inn Timbuktu.

Email #1 -- Requesting Popular Place A --> Approved
Email #2 -- Requesting Popular Place B --> Approved
Email #500 -- Requesting Popular Place A --> Sold out. Denied (or: alternate)
Email #6000 -- Requesting Mildly Popular Place J --> Approved
Email #90000 -- Requesting Mildly Popular Place J --> Denied
Email #135000 -- Requesting El Cheapo Timbuktu --> Approved

Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:35 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Originally Posted by skyguy747
Automailer folks might want to try a test run! In Outlook, the message will be stamped with the time you pressed send even if you specify a different delivery time. If you're OK with the risk, don't forget to add 5 or 10 minutes in case the time on the LHW mailserver is off a bit
Not according to my test. Just sent from one email account to another via Outlook. Composed at 1:15pm, delayed the send until 1:30pm Phoenix local time. Received in my Gmail account at 13:31:23, and a sent time in the details of the message header shows 13:30:29 - 29 seconds late, annoyingly. Maybe I'll just be up early again to send it manually though.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 2:36 pm

I don't really understand how to fill out this form. How would they know for how long I wish to stay at the hotel if I only check the "I'm flexible" box? Will I get one or two days of stay?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.