Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
Pretty funny they have effectively launched a Denial of Service attack on themselves.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:40 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Strawb
What a fun lunch break! Except I haven't eaten anything

same here
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:41 am

Crazy

Nothing yet, only thing keeping me going is Flyertalk. I think this is got to be a joke. At least FT is still working and providing a near real time report on things!

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
im back off to bed as well. oh well
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i just had a hotel page load, with 1928 extension. no idea if thats a valid booking method. i accidentally hit refresh, so cant check.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sonofzeus
Preparing class action lawsuit alleging consumer fraud. Who wants to be the named Plaintiff? California residents preferred.
ME

Originally Posted by inaflash
Honestly guys... Are you really surprised at this?

I saw someone post something about red sox tickets.. And yes, they are ridiculous to get.. It's taken them maybe 3-4 years to get some sort of reliable IT setup and process going that will make everyone feel like they have a fair chance. Lottery's, virtual waiting rooms, etc. There was no way LH was going to have something set up for an hour long promotion that no money was to be made on.

Good luck to everyone who wants to complain but seriously, nothing will come of it. They got everyone to look at their website and look up hotels for future vacations. That's really the goal. They are probably so removed from the hotels themselves besides the little brochure in the room that it really won't hurt anyone's reputation besides their IT dept..
I was half expecting their website not to able to cope and am not surprised - however I am annoyed about the 1 person in/ 1 person out limitation which rather implies they had absolutely no intention of giving this offer to more than about 20 people. That's outrageous.

This kind of thing can be very damaging to companies' reputations. A lot of people were drawn into registering by a big PR campaign and right now they all feel that this incompetent company has wasted their time.

Originally Posted by Tiojelly
Pretty funny they have effectively launched a Denial of Service attack on themselves.
They were in denial to start with.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ptjunkie
Doubt lawsuit would work.
Stay tuned.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:43 am

The comparison with the Olympic tickets is fine, but doesn't this thing only last 80 minutes? I'm sure the craziness will last that long... I read they were giving away up to 6000 rooms... will be interesting to see what the final (unverifiable) figure is.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 6:44 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Talking

This has to be one of the fastest posting threads ever on FlyerTalk.

well I had it set up that I could just resubmit my info to the page every time it crashed, but apparently there is a limit to that tooo

I can't wait to read the 'how happy and successfull' customers were message in 30 minutes when this is over

Location: SYD, Australia......Hotels: HHon LT Diamond, Hyatt LT Glob, Marriott AMB (LT Gold), IHG AMB (20 years of SCC and RoyAMB dropped 2024)...Airlines: BA GGL (OW Emerald), LH FTL (*S), QF Plat (LT Gold), VA, UA Silver (*S), SQ Silver (*S)
That's it for me. Not worth loosing my sleep over this. Good luck everyone!
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
i am starting to get really annoyed at this

been trying for the last 42 minutes, and the us phone number as soon as it was posted on FT...

GRRR got nowhere, anyway will keep trying, but even though i doubt i will get anything I did not even get to the sign up page

oh well i'll write an email to them once my fingers don't hurt anymore....
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Are there any old-timers here with a link to the "Stages of an FT Jumbo Fare"?

I'm pretty sure that threats of legal action are right there towards the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.