Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$40 off $80 promo on AA.com for bookings on booking.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:23 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dh01
I have received 3 $40 credits, and twice the 75 euro credit for bookings of 225 euros
Just curious, same CC, or different ones? Same email, or different ones? I have 2 bookings using 2 separate emails and CC's. Wondering if I can use the same card for both when I check in.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:33 pm

I have received 3 $40 credits, and twice the 75 euro credit for bookings of 225 euros
Thanks, same booking.com account and same credit card?

For my 2nd reservation I used my 2nd account and a different card than first. 3rd reservation back to original account and original card. Stays aren't until November, and then two back to back in January.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Thanks for the DP. Will start using other CCs and not using my login info for other nights. Too many Mileage Runs with UA on the way
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:24 pm

I have an Amex card and a Mastercard.

Booking.com tells me that I need to use my Mastercard to get the discount on my creditcard, but when should I use it? I booked with my Amex card, but in my creditcard options in my profile, I checked Mastercard as my main creditcard for the rewards.

Would this be enough to get the money, even though I am using Amex to pay for it?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:29 pm

fwiw...

Originally Posted by Golasiyo
I have an Amex card and a Mastercard.

Booking.com tells me that I need to use my Mastercard to get the discount on my creditcard, but when should I use it? I booked with my Amex card, but in my creditcard options in my profile, I checked Mastercard as my main creditcard for the rewards.

Would this be enough to get the money, even though I am using Amex to pay for it?
I used my VISA and the $40 credit was posted to that...as I recall, the promotion said the credit would be applied to whatever form of payment was used, so no idea who told you, or where you're coming up with, it only works on AMEX or MC.

Anyway, my experience.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by randix
I used my VISA and the $40 credit was posted to that...as I recall, the promotion said the credit would be applied to whatever form of payment was used, so no idea who told you, or where you're coming up with, it only works on AMEX or MC.

Anyway, my experience.
Thanks for the data point

Did you use your VISA online at booking.com or at check-out?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: DL DM+5MM, AAGold MM, UA 1K+2MM, BA GGL,LH Senator, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, HY Plat
Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
Thanks, same booking.com account and same credit card?

For my 2nd reservation I used my 2nd account and a different card than first. 3rd reservation back to original account and original card. Stays aren't until November, and then two back to back in January.
Yes, same account and same card.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:46 am

Programs: Too many to list
Made booking in Miami airport. Stayed. Got email "How was it blah blah".. Looked in rewards $40 earned. 20 days letter checked for $40 on credit card - not there. Went to my account and saw that reservation was marked "canceled" but $40 was still in my profile as "we paid you". Sent email to customer support since I cant call them until next week, 5 days later all rewards are gone. ... is going on?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Made booking in Miami airport. Stayed. Got email "How was it blah blah".. Looked in rewards $40 earned. 20 days letter checked for $40 on credit card - not there. Went to my account and saw that reservation was marked "canceled" but $40 was still in my profile as "we paid you". Sent email to customer support since I cant call them until next week, 5 days later all rewards are gone. ... is going on?
Ut Oh. I have one stay tonight, and another Sun. Lol, I never would have used booking.com without this promo. Too late to change now.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:23 pm
LRD

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
Didn't see this mentioned; a search didn't return any hits. . . but, per a large display in the DFW (D) Admirals Club, you can get to the deal with the easy-to-remember link of www.booking.com/club40

(Note: I'm not suggesting the deal is still valid - just reporting what I saw.)
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Ut Oh. I have one stay tonight, and another Sun. Lol, I never would have used booking.com without this promo. Too late to change now.
I wouldn't worry if I were you. I think its something with my account and Holiday Inn. No idea why it shows reservation as "canceled".. BUT, last night I got email "Hey, claim your $40 now that you are back".. But when I click on link its not in my account. I will be back in US in a few days and give them a call. Or I'll settle for free stay in Miami since it was "canceled".
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The link in my "claim your US$40 reward now that you're back" email didn't work either but the USD 40 credit appeared in my credit card account a few days later. So give it a few days and check your credit card again.

It is the credit card entered when making the reservation rather than any credit card used at the hotel. I made a "no prepayment needed - pay at the property" reservation and it worked out fine with the USD 40 credit (even that I paid for the room in cash at check-out).

Last edited by SK AAR; Aug 7, 2017 at 10:23 pm Reason: add. info
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Can anyone confirm that you can get the $40 back more than one time? The generic terms and conditions on the green bar seem vague, and not specific to this deal. I've made a few bookings, but I haven't received a $40 reward (credit to my credit card) for my last two, both of which were completed about two weeks ago.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:02 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Well, per the T&C's, only one is allowed:

Eligibility

Participants must be 18 years of age and older. People from the US states of New Mexico and Hawaii, as well as employees of The Priceline Group Inc. and its affiliates, are excluded from participation.

Incentive Bonus

An Incentive Bonus can be earned as follows:
The Participant clicks on the referral link (the “Incentive Link”) as provided on the Booking.com website, in a Booking.com email promotion or a Booking.com banner, or promotion on other websites, and creates an Eligible Reservation through the Booking.com website; and/or
The Participant leaves or has left a (completed) guest review through the Booking.com website; and/or
The Participant has downloaded the Booking.com app and creates an Eligible Reservation through the Booking.com website; and/or
The stay of the Participant as part of the Eligible Reservation is confirmed by the booked accommodations to Booking.com; and
To obtain the reward as a credit to their credit card, the Participant has, within a reasonable time after the stay, either created a user account and saved a valid credit card in the account settings or provided a valid credit card on the provided digital form. American Express is not currently an accepted credit card.
Certain Incentive Bonuses may be limited to certain users (e.g. users who have not previously booked with Booking.com) or certain bookings (e.g. specific destinations). Where applicable, this will be described in the promotion.
For certain properties, the reward is given to the Participant at the time of booking. In these cases, the reward value is deducted from the total price of the reservation and the Participant pays the full balance at the time of booking.
A reservation is considered an “Eligible Reservation” when it has been made by clicking on the Incentive Link and the total cost of the reservation as made through Booking.com (excluding any additional costs incurred during the stay directly at the accommodations) is greater than the minimum transaction value communicated in the promotion and at minimum two times the value of the Incentive Bonus to be earned by the Participant.
Booking.com will only recognize one Eligible Reservation per Participant, per campaign to count for an Incentive Bonus. Participants may only receive Incentive Bonuses from a maximum of 3 different campaigns per year, including Refer-a-Friend campaigns.
Booking.com will, if it has determined in its sole discretion, that the Participant has complied with and fulfilled the Booking.com Incentive Program Terms, credit the Participant with the bonus (the “Incentive Bonus”) as described in the invitation to participate in the Booking.com Incentive Program. The Participants will then receive the Incentive Bonus as a credit to the credit card saved in the user account setting. Booking.com may send an email and/or test message to the Participant as necessary to remind that the creation of the user account and the storage of a valid credit card is needed to obtain the Incentive Bonus.
An Incentive Bonus not redeemed within 12 months after its confirmation by Booking.com will automatically expire.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:03 am

I got the email saying "Claim your $40 now that you are back"

In small print, it mentions troubles with Mastercard....

Note: We can put your rewards money faster on Visa cards due to recent changes in Mastercard regulations. Although not all Mastercard credit/debit cards are affected, at this time we cannot guarantee that your rewards money will be paid on Mastercard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.