Hilton El San Juan Resort 2-bdr Suite, ~100/night

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton El San Juan Resort 2-bdr Suite, ~100/night

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jeremyh11
So does each of these 3 rooms have a seperate entrance at the hall then? Doesn't sound like a true 2 bedroom suite then rather just connecting rooms...
...not to jump in the middle of your question, but to me it also sounds (and looks) like it, which is why I am not overly concerned that my reservation is now showing a 'double queen bed suite' instead of the 2 bedroom suite.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I am at El San Juan currently. It is a beautiful property and the service is amazing. Diamonds get breakfast for up to 6 people -- it's a nice buffet or you can order up to $25 off the menu (which is the same items of the buffet...).

The rooms are very nicely updated. The pool area is huge.

The 2 bedroom suite is basically a standard queen room plus a connecting standard king room and a third "living" area with a murphy bed. I have a great view of the pool and ocean.

Let me know if you have any questions.
I wonder if that is the same breakfast benefit for Golds? I will be staying w/ a family of 6 so that would be perfect!! Unfortunately I've dropped to a lowly Gold this year

Any Golds who have stayed recently that know the answer?

Last edited by Jeremyh11; May 11, 2017 at 1:05 pm
Old May 11, 2017, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jeremyh11
So does each of these 3 rooms have a seperate entrance at the hall then? Doesn't sound like a true 2 bedroom suite then rather just connecting rooms...

Correct. Each of the three rooms has their own entrance. It is not a "true" two bedroom suite but 2 suites connected with an additional room in the middle.
Old May 11, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Deleted

Last edited by Jeremyh11; May 17, 2017 at 7:27 am Reason: Deleted
Old May 11, 2017, 8:53 pm

Looking at their website, I don't know if there is a "true" 2 bedroom suite.
Old May 13, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer

UPDATE: Here are a ton of photos (and review) from my stay:

http://singleflyer.com/2017/05/09/el...o-rico-review/
Thanks for the photos and review - It answered most of the questions I had. Based on the breakfast benefit explanation then I think i can expect buffet for 6 as I should get breakfast for 2 per room times 3 rooms as a gold!! That will be perfect. Just wish I could have landed a few more days. Staying at the Wyndham till then and checking in at El San Juan on the 16th, anyone else gonna be there then?
Old May 17, 2017, 7:14 am

I am at the esj right now. This was a phenomenal deal for a family of six with free breakfast from gold status!!!! Thank you OP!!!!! Anyone else here today????

UPDATE/WARNING - at check in I was told that Gold/Diamonds receive buffet breakfast for two per room and thus with this room we would receive 6 free daily buffet breakfasts which are charged to the room and credited back at checkout. However, at checkout I was told that the parlor room does not count as a room for the benefit and as such I would only recieve 4 free per day and was charged for the other 2 per day. After pushing back on this I was able to get the other 2 removed as well but not without a little push back.

Last edited by Jeremyh11; May 19, 2017 at 11:27 am Reason: UPDATE
Old May 17, 2017, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Indeed a great deal, I wish I had booked 2-4 weeks of this...
Old May 26, 2017, 4:32 pm

For those that already checked out, any problems with them honoring the rate? I'm just a little nervous. Thanks for all the updates and pictures. We're staying in 2 weeks.
Old May 26, 2017, 4:56 pm

I had zero problems with them honoring the rate. It seemed they were aware that there were a bunch of us that got in on the deal and were happy to have us.
Old May 26, 2017, 5:44 pm

I will be there on 12-15th if anyone will be in town and wishing to trade war stories 😀
Old May 27, 2017, 7:02 am

Thanks for reply, Single_Flyer. Your post and pics has gotten our family really excited of our upcoming trip. I ended making 2 concurrent reservations when the deal was up and I just noticed that one of my room reservations is for the "Presidential Suite"... I hoping they actually give me that room since it comes with a kitchen. I won't be disappointed if they don't since it wasn't part of the original deal, but would be nice since we're traveling with a family of 8, including 2 kids.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
No problems with the rate, it was not mentioned at all. Free comped full breakfast for Golds is cool.
Their restaurants are good and reasonably priced. They also have a very reasonably priced snack store. Hotel is beautiful.
Their tours are very expensive for what they offer ($165pp for the BioBay tour), look online as well.
There is a starbucks-like coffee shop in the lobby, where they can also make blended/frozen drinks. The closest Starbucks are in old San Juan and in the airport.

My only regret is that if I knew it would be so smooth I would have brought 1-2 more people, 3 rooms for 2 people was a bit of an overkill...

Tip: Do online check in immediately when available so you can choose better rooms, higher and on the x45/x47/x49 side.
Old May 28, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
We just checked out. No problems at all and they were more than accommodating. I had 4 reservations over 8 days. Free breakfast buffet as a gold for all of us over the eight days even though I only stayed for the first 3. No problems adding additional names to the reservation and combining them. We had from two to four people staying at a time. My wife and I and my daughter and a friend of hers for the first 3 days and after we left, my other daughter and a friend of hers for the last two days (would have been longer but one of her flights was cancelled). Pool area and beach were beautiful and service was great (although my daughter did seem to get better attention from the attendants than I did!). 45/47/49 looked to be the best rooms. I'm not sure, but it looked like the one on the third or fourth floor may have had a terrace too.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:02 am

We've been staying here for the last 3 days and really enjoying our time. We have another 2 nights to go, so if you have any specific questions you want ask or want me to check out, just shoot a reply. I declined the Presidential suite upgrade because I made 2 reservations and wanted to get all 6 suites next to each other since we traveling as a group of 8 (6 adults and 2 kids). I agree that the x45/x47/x49 has great views and our other suites x36/x38/x40 also has great views.

Just to reiterate previous posters comments, make sure to ask for separate breakfast checks for each of the room (2 person per room). When I check the room bill on the TV app, they've already taken them off bill. I would suggest having cash instead for tips so there's no confusion on the bill later.

If you plan to go to Old Town, I would highly suggest just getting a taxi (ask the bellhop to call one up) instead of renting a car from the Enterprise across the street. We were able to get a taxi van for all 8 people and they charge $25 to drop you off at Plaza Colon. We took the different free trolleys around Old Town and then took another taxi back to the hotel (another $25). Getting to Old Town by car is easy... navigating the narrow streets of Old Town and finding parking seems like a big hassle (plus the crazy one way streets). So even though renting a midsize car and gas (~ $35) is cheaper, not worth the stress and headache.

Last edited by JWEMTX; Jun 13, 2017 at 7:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.