Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Buganvilias Resort All Inclusive $102-$128

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Sheraton Buganvilias Resort All Inclusive $102-$128

Sheraton Buganvillas Resort Puerto Vallarta has all inclusive for 1 person ranging from $102-$128 booked through Otel.com. Seems to appear only when booking through Hotelscombined.com. Should be able to get it less with a BRG. The all inclusive price through hotelscombined.com was normally less than the cheapest rate on spg.com. Rate is refundable.

Last edited by nawlins; Oct 14, 2016 at 7:53 pm Reason: correction
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: HH Silver
There are quite often mistake rates on this hotel. Last year I got a Club Room for $43 a night. Downside, I wouldn't go back for free. Just not my cup of tea, I would rather pay double that for a hotel downtown.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
I paid $18 a night for a club room, two years ago...
Wouldn't go back for free. For sure.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:13 pm

Had a good stay there. Trip Advisor reviews seemed accurate. Housekeeping, servers, all staff were great. Was surprised at how good the restaurants were. Room was nice too. Only negative was we left some windows open and one morning found a giant cockroach hanging on the curtains. I get it, PV is surrounded by jungle, it happens like Palmettos in Florida so we kept windows closed and had no more problems. Would stay there again. Ty op!
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by trajanc
Had a good stay there. Trip Advisor reviews seemed accurate. Housekeeping, servers, all staff were great. Was surprised at how good the restaurants were. Room was nice too. Only negative was we left some windows open and one morning found a giant cockroach hanging on the curtains. I get it, PV is surrounded by jungle, it happens like Palmettos in Florida so we kept windows closed and had no more problems. Would stay there again. Ty op!
Thanks. I reviewed recent Trip Advisor reviews as well as SPG reviews and they were more positive than negative. With 20% off BRG the rate came down to $85 plus taxes for some nights. Quite a bit less than the least expensive SPG rate without the All Inclusive. I booked Semana Santa also but will probably cancel. Prefer to eat/drink outside the resort during this week.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Just got back from a 2 night stay there...it's become the go to place for my wife and I when we go to PV. We got a rate of $111/night for the ocean view room with breakfast buffet (GREAT buffet). I think the biggest selling feature of this hotel is it's location...walking distance to the Malecon and the rest of downtown so you can take a taxi if you want, but you don't HAVE to. The beach isn't much to write home about but it's got a beautiful pool and gardens area. We'll be back.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:57 am

I rated it well on TA, nice rooms, nice pool area, great service, awful beach. My issue is location (distance to decent beach) and food and drink prices, as well a cookie cutter hotel. It could be a hotel in California, Hawaii, or anywhere else. I understand why that works for a lot of people, just not my scene.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by tatterdema
There are quite often mistake rates on this hotel. Last year I got a Club Room for $43 a night. Downside, I wouldn't go back for free. Just not my cup of tea, I would rather pay double that for a hotel downtown.
Hopefully it has been renovated since I last visited in 1990 I recall that it was okay for the price (cheap) but certainly nothing to write home about. Maybe a decent option if you are short on cash but anything over $100/nt is probably too high.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Hopefully it has been renovated since I last visited in 1990 I recall that it was okay for the price (cheap) but certainly nothing to write home about. Maybe a decent option if you are short on cash but anything over $100/nt is probably too high.
The Club room I had was newly renovated. It was very nice. No Mexican feeling at all to the hotel though, which is a reason I wouldn't go back. I don't mind giving up things like a pillow top mattress for a hotel with some Mexican feel to it, like most of the ones on the Southside, even if I have to pay more.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Despite your warnings I arrived yesterday at 7pm at the Sheraton Buganvillas hotel. I booked the all inclusive and received a BRG confirming room and all inclusive. When I arrived "their" system showed room only. All inclusive will be an additional $99 per night. Spoke to reception supervisor and on duty manager even showing them the confirmations. No its $99 extra. Period. Was basically told that I need to call SPG if I want to sort it out. Hour and 45 minutes later still at front desk with the less than concerned reception staff. Not their problem. Did open a customer service file. Have not heard back.
Last time I had a service issue with Starwood Hotels was over 100 nights ago when water was leaking in through the ceiling at the Westin Siray Bay in Phuket. The hotel handled the issue perfectly.
Yesterday I discussed 6 separate service issues including having non working AC with two maintenance men in my room working above the ceiling at 1 AM. Not a word yet from the hotel
Old Dec 18, 2016, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by nawlins
Despite your warnings I arrived yesterday at 7pm at the Sheraton Buganvillas hotel. I booked the all inclusive and received a BRG confirming room and all inclusive. When I arrived "their" system showed room only. All inclusive will be an additional $99 per night. Spoke to reception supervisor and on duty manager even showing them the confirmations. No its $99 extra. Period. Was basically told that I need to call SPG if I want to sort it out. Hour and 45 minutes later still at front desk with the less than concerned reception staff. Not their problem. Did open a customer service file. Have not heard back.
Last time I had a service issue with Starwood Hotels was over 100 nights ago when water was leaking in through the ceiling at the Westin Siray Bay in Phuket. The hotel handled the issue perfectly.
Yesterday I discussed 6 separate service issues including having non working AC with two maintenance men in my room working above the ceiling at 1 AM. Not a word yet from the hotel
That's too bad. I have a room booked downtown (Southside) next week for NYE. $68 a night for a Jr. Suite with a huge balcony, full kitchen, waterfront. I understand some people enjoy AI, but I sure wouldn't do it in PV, where GOOD food is available everywhere for cheap. Maybe in the summer I would when it is too hot and humid to walk anywhere, but not this time of year.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:16 am

That's too bad. I have a room booked downtown (Southside) next week for NYE. $68 a night for a Jr. Suite with a huge balcony, full kitchen, waterfront. I understand some people enjoy AI, but I sure wouldn't do it in PV, where GOOD food is available everywhere for cheap. Maybe in the summer I would when it is too hot and humid to walk anywhere, but not this time of year.
Nasty. Very interested in hearing how this works out.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by trajanc
Nasty. Very interested in hearing how this works out.
Lol, why? It is a hotel I have stayed in a dozen times. As I said, I would pay double for it than stay at the Sheraton.

Added a couple pics from my last stay... View from my balcony, and of the Lobby and room. My only complain has ever been the beds are like concrete.

Last edited by tatterdema; Dec 18, 2016 at 6:47 am
Old Dec 18, 2016, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by nawlins
Something similar happened to me a few years back, but in my case, the SJU hotel charged my credit card an additional amount (iirc, ~$1,800) weeks after I was home. I immediately filed a dispute with AmEx, submitted copies of my prepaid reservation confirmation and the folio I received at check-out. The charge was removed and that was the end of it.

And I also stayed at Sheraton Bouganvillias on the $18/nt deal two years ago. I can't recall my check-in experience, so it must have been okay. My only issue was the stay never posted. At $18+ per night, I decided not to pursue the handful of points. I enjoyed my stay, and the lounge and housekeeping staff were particularly helpful and kind.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:11 am

Lol, why? It is a hotel I have stayed in a dozen times. As I said, I would pay double for it than stay at the Sheraton.

Added a couple pics from my last stay... View from my balcony, and of the Lobby and room. My only complain has ever been the beds are like concrete.
? As I mentioned above I enjoyed my stay there and have been looking for another good rate for that property. No point if they don't fully honor it. If you are happy with such conditions then cool, enjoy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.