Wiki Posts
Search

The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Miami: $49 Suite

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Fly1Away1
I guess I'll wait a few days, see if there are any cancellations and play it from there.
If this works out for a tad more, it will be even more epic...
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ENOTTY
Have you guys been to miami in the summer? Hot, humid, and full of mosquitoes
And that virus known as Zika, which is transmitted by some kinds of mosquitoes and is also transmitted as a human STD.

But come on, this deal -- if honored -- is good enough to go there anyway.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
If this works out for a tad more, it will be even more epic...
All my marriott deals from ehd have been honored. fingers crossed for the trend to continue .
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
And that virus known as Zika, which is transmitted by some kinds of mosquitoes and is also transmitted as a human STD.

But come on, this deal -- if honored -- is good enough to go there anyway.
By next summer either Zika will be gone or I am going down there in full DEET gear...
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All my marriott deals from ehd have been honored. fingers crossed for the trend to continue .
So far I had Hilton cancelled and Hyatt and SPG honored, so hopefully yes... This lived for about 45 minutes only, so not too bad.

Last edited by nk15; Sep 28, 2016 at 8:37 am
Old Sep 28, 2016, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To be honest, I thought about moving down there to the RC for the summer, but I didn't want to ruin it for you guys, so I restrained myself...
Old Sep 28, 2016, 5:38 am

These guys were gentlemen, they gave 5 minutes advance notice before they posted. This was epic, now we can sit back and wait for the massive cancellations...

Seriously, if you don't have this site in your twitter feed, I don't know what to tell you...
What other twitter accounts do you recommend to follow? Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:16 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
By next summer either Zika will be gone or I am going down there in full DEET gear...
I was considering how to use this for Marriott Platinum status again.

I think there are some people who think you should launch a Travelbuzz sticky with the best deal feeds to follow.

You're welcome to the populate the likes of this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post27273973
Old Sep 28, 2016, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I was considering how to use this for Marriott Platinum status again.

I think there are some people who think you should launch a Travelbuzz sticky with the best deal feeds to follow.

You're welcome to the populate the likes of this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post27273973
It is nothing super special, I follow about 10 blogs. I will post them on your link...Oh, the other cool thing I have done is that I have created email alerts that contain my airports of interest and whenever a new post comes on FT premium fare thread I get an email.. I don't remember how I did it, I followed instructions online, I can track this down though. However, keep in mind that it may take several minutes or even 10-30 minutes from when something is posted on a blog or FT until you get a tweet or an email alert, so nothing beats manual checks of FT (always on, lol).
Old Sep 28, 2016, 9:41 am

booked 7/8-7/15

I have an oceanfront executive suite for 7 days with breakfast all in for $1,185. Now to decide if I really want to go to Miami in the middle of July.... I had booked the first week of June, but by the time I hit confirm the room was gone.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP
Unsurprisingly not being honored

I booked directly with Ritz for a couple of weekends. Just got the following:

"Dear Domer579,

Thank you for making your recent reservation at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami.

We regret to inform you that there has been a system error resulting in our rates being misrepresented over the dates of your stay.

Our records show that you have 3 reservations as follows:

<redacted>

The actual rate for the dates of your stay is 699 USD and not 99 USD per night as mentioned on your reservation.

We apologize for this inconvenience. As a good will gesture, we wish to offer you a special 20% discount for your stay.
Your accommodation has been confirmed and your current rates are 559 USD per night for the Ocean Front Suite, and $519 USD per night for the 1 bedroom Ocean View Residential Suite.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us."

Last edited by Domer579; Sep 28, 2016 at 3:16 pm
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:54 pm

Just got mine...

Thank you for making your recent reservations at The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami.

We regret to inform you that there has been a system error resulting in our rates being misrepresented over the dates of your stay. Our records indicate that you have the following room reservation(s) under your name:

· Two (2) One-Bedroom Ocean View Residential Suites. The actual rate for the dates of your stay is 649 USD and not 49 USD per night as mentioned on your reservation.

We apologize for this inconvenience. As a good will gesture, we wish to offer you a special 20% discount for your stay. We are happy to confirm your room reservation at the current rate of 519 USD per night.

Please, let us know how you want to proceed at your earliest convenience.

Should there be queries or should you require assistance, please contact us.

Julio Diaz
Phone: 305-365-4582
[email protected]

Edwin Melo
Phone: 305-365-4131
[email protected]

Regards,

Julio Diaz
Director of Reservations
The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
455 Grand Bay Drive
Key Biscayne, FL 33149
Phone: 305-365-4582
Fax: 305-365-4509
[email protected]
Old Sep 29, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA Plat, AA Plat, MR PlatP, HH Dia, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres
Got the same message for all 3 reservations. I booked all three direct through Marriott. Did anyone book somewhere else? Think there is any more validity to something booked direct?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:12 am

I booked through booking.com. I haven't received my notice yet. Seems like it's on the way though. Oh well, worth a try.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

might make the emails non clickable

most marriotts do not charge >

Originally Posted by Domer579
699 USD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.