Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Miami: $49 Suite

The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Miami: $49 Suite

Old Nov 11, 2016, 6:39 am

I've been up and down the Marriott chain (including emails to Arne Sorenson and other executives), a phone call with a hotel exec and Marriott executive customer service to try to get a satisfactory compromise. I haven't received that. Instead I have received a range of price offers none of which I think are good enough. Now trying to decide on next steps. The BBB of South Florida is one forum as is taking them to court, though that might not be worth the effort.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 7:28 am

[QUOTE=leiterk;27466576]I've been up and down the Marriott chain (including emails to Arne Sorenson and other executives), a phone call with a hotel exec and Marriott executive customer service to try to get a satisfactory compromise. I haven't received that. Instead I have received a range of price offers none of which I think are good enough. Now trying to decide on next steps. The BBB of South Florida is one forum
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:54 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Well, looks like the hotel got around to my reservation. Got this email from Booking offering base King room for $209 (maybe $50-60 discount of regular price for my days):

Dear ...,

Thanks for choosing Booking.com.

We tried contacting you by phone to discuss an error in the rates for your booking with The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami, but werent able to reach you.

We apologize on behalf of Booking.com and The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami for this error. The actual rate for The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami is 699 USD per night(tax excluded), and not 119 USD per night(tax excluded) as stated on your reservation.

We ask for your understanding in reaching a middle ground. The property has confirmed that they will offer you 209 USD per night(taxes excluded) and change room type to Superior King Room .

Please consider this offer, and contact us at your earliest convenience to confirm your acceptance. We thank you for your understanding and are available 24 hours a day to help find the best solution.

Thank you again for choosing Booking.com.

Sincerely,
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:48 pm

...next message
Old Dec 1, 2016, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Rusdude
Well, looks like the hotel got around to my reservation. Got this email from Booking offering base King room for $209 (maybe $50-60 discount of regular price for my days):
So what ended up happening?
Old May 22, 2017, 11:42 am

Did anyone succeed in getting the suites at original rates of $49?
Old May 22, 2017, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by flyer31
Did anyone succeed in getting the suites at original rates of $49?
No me, even with hard negotiations I only got a meh reduced rate, which I will almost definitely skip...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.