Wiki Posts
Search

The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Miami: $49 Suite

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
I booked through booking.com. I haven't received my notice yet. Seems like it's on the way though. Oh well, worth a try.
There is a small chance you may survive it, because there is a middle man involved. Booking direct and refundable rates just makes it easier for them to cancel, last time I am doing it. Next time I am booking nonrefundable if I have the choice and through an OTA.

Did anyone else survive this?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 11:47 am

LOL, nope crash & burn. Worth a shot though.

"We apologise on behalf of Booking.com and The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami for this error. The actual rate for The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami is $699 USD per night and not 99 per night as mentioned on your reservation.

The accommodation has confirmed that they would like to offer you a 30% discount off the correct rate. Per our terms and condition this is an obvious error and they are not binding."
Old Oct 3, 2016, 12:13 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
They just pushed out updated reservations at the new rate. Interesting strategy rather than cancelling...
Old Oct 3, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
LOL, nope crash & burn. Worth a shot though.

"We apologise on behalf of Booking.com and The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami for this error. The actual rate for The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne, Miami is $699 USD per night and not 99 per night as mentioned on your reservation.

The accommodation has confirmed that they would like to offer you a 30% discount off the correct rate. Per our terms and condition this is an obvious error and they are not binding."
Why do the OTA bookings get a better discount than those that booked direct?

Also pretty sure this not an "obvious error".
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:33 am

I got the same BS as all of you. The GM offered me a garden view room for $195/night with resort fee waived and a $100 resort credit for the stay.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:53 pm
Vay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat.
That's better than the offer they gave me.

If you would like to confirm your reservation at the special rate of $209 for a Resort View Room(s) or the Suite(s) at the special discounted price of $519 mentioned on my previous email, we would kindly request that you respond no later than Monday Oct 10th, 2016 to this email or by calling us at ______.

They didn't offer to wave resort fee or any credit. The email was sent to me from the revenue manager. Go figure.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 7:01 am

Originally Posted by Vay
That's better than the offer they gave me.

If you would like to confirm your reservation at the special rate of $209 for a Resort View Room(s) or the Suite(s) at the special discounted price of $519 mentioned on my previous email, we would kindly request that you respond no later than Monday Oct 10th, 2016 to this email or by calling us at ______.

They didn't offer to wave resort fee or any credit. The email was sent to me from the revenue manager. Go figure.
This was the offer that I received as well. I might consider their offer if resort fee is waived plus resort credit.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:28 pm

Contact the GM instead. His email is: [email protected]
Old Oct 17, 2016, 12:13 pm

does state law / federal law protect consumers in this case? How about a class action?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:31 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by resutoran
does state law / federal law protect consumers in this case? How about a class action?
No.

From the initial post here,it's obvious that anyone who booked it knew it was a mistake, and thus has no claim.

A class action isn't a legal claim. It's a mechanism for mass adjudication of common claims where individual adjudication of each claims would be impractical. The number of people affected here is far too low, and to the extent there are any actual damages, they'd be completely individualized, as would the facts around whether you knew it was a mistake you were trying to take advantage of.

If you are going to suggest legal action when a mistake rate isn't honored, you shouldn't book mistake rates. Is it good when they're honored? Sure, but it's not a legal requirement.

Last edited by Adam1222; Oct 17, 2016 at 9:37 pm
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Is anyone's booking still alive/untouched?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
Cancelled without notice

They first jacked up my rate to full rate and now i see that it has been cancelled complete. Very disappointed by the way they handled this.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 11:23 pm

I am currently taking them to small claims court in my county.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by resutoran
I am currently taking them to small claims court in my county.
What damages are you claiming?
Old Nov 11, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by hamburglar
What damages are you claiming?
And what evidence of the meeting of the minds is there? I hope they print out this thread and hand it to the judge, who would summarily dismiss your case, since a reasonable customer (and you) knew or should have known this was a mistake.
A shame they probably will just default in response to your meritless case, as it is worth less than the 2 hours of attorney time it would take to pwn you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.