Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

2nd Night Free (w/ qualifying credit card, Visa Signature in USA) - Conrad & Waldorf

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Mbcijim10
As stated on the website: http://www2.visasignaturehotels.com/hilton-one-night-free/, the deal is dead, and has been since September 15, 2016: "Due to popularity of the complimentary night offer, the offer is no longer available. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. You can book a stay at any participating Waldorf Astoria, Conrad or Curio hotel by October 31, 2016 and receive a $75 USD Visa gift card after your stay (see promotion page for more information)."

DP: Posts #97 & #101 report receipt of $75 GC Post #101 was 5-6 weeks after Stay.
Print Wikipost

2nd Night Free (w/ qualifying credit card, Visa Signature in USA) - Conrad & Waldorf

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Just checked in to Conrad Bangkok. The check in agent knew about the promotion and confirmed I'd get the second night free and $25 F&B credit. She told me the credit had to be used at the outlets, not for room service or minibar.

Also, she mentioned that under the promotion, I got a deluxe corner room, and that they then upgraded me one level as a Diamond member, so I'm in a pretty nice 30th floor suite.
Thanks for the report... I have a stay there in January under this promotion. Good to know things are going smoothly with it.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (LT Plat 2MM), Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat75, UA1K
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Did they recognize the program at check-in? I'm booked for 3 nights at Conrad Singapore as well, in February. I don't normally eat or drink in the restaurant, but obviously the $25 F+B credit can change my mind.
Yes, they recognized the program at check-in and were proactive in saying that the 2nd night would be deducted from my bill and that I had the $25 credit.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Tried to book in Tokyo, "Due to the popularity of the offer the offer is no longer available". Looks like the party is over.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Do you have to fill out a form after for the $75 GC?
I have a stay in a suite at the Waldorf Shanghai coming up.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Can someone update the subject with the fact that the deal is dead?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:30 pm

For those who have already completed their stays under this 2-for-1 program, did you get HHonors points and stay credits for the 'free' night as well? It is after all not really free as Conrad/WA does get paid; instead, for example, your company paying the bill, in this case VISA is paying the bill.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 10:20 am

I just checked mine, no points, but no stay recognized either. I booked the room under my name, but used my wife's HHonors #. At check-in I had them add my wife to the reservation, but I might've committed a faux pas. Not sure I'm any help, will try to update later. The stay was 9/15-9/17.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Deal is Dead

Originally Posted by drminn
Tried to book in Tokyo, "Due to the popularity of the offer the offer is no longer available". Looks like the party is over.
Unfortunately the deal has been dead since September 15th. Sorry!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Can someone update the subject with the fact that the deal is dead?
I created a Wiki now stating that.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Checked out a week ago from WA under this super deal (took me a while to get them to understand it, but eventually...) Anyhow, does the $75 Visa gift card just show up in the mail at some point, and when? (Worried it's the kind of thing that could get thrown away if we're not looking for it.)
Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Checked out a week ago from WA under this super deal (took me a while to get them to understand it, but eventually...) Anyhow, does the $75 Visa gift card just show up in the mail at some point, and when? (Worried it's the kind of thing that could get thrown away if we're not looking for it.)
Which WA?

The rate didn't show up in their system, or was their difficulty in understanding with the ancillary benefits (such as breakfast, upgrade, $25 credit...)?

The gift card is supposed to show up at your address 6 weeks later, so it's probably too early for any data points at present, but I'm curious as well.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Boca Raton Beach Club ... first they said that it was only a fourth night that was free, then I had to ask about the $25 ... Nothing bad -- just they weren't getting good info from corporate or wherever, and had to make a couple of calls. Worth it for a great deal!

Thanks for info re GC
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:13 am

My stay at the Grand Wailea posted to my Hilton account, and indeed, you get points for both nights.

At checkout, the second night's cost was already taken off the bill. (The resort fee however was charged.) Also, the $50 resort credit was automatically applied as well.

I had a lot of incidentals (>$300 worth), and I requested at checkout that $200 be charged to my Amex plat. This triggered the various offers on that card (3K bonus membership reward points and 7500 extra Hilton points). The T&C for the free night offer didn't require that all incidentals be charged to the visa signature card. However, I wouldn't try to charge any part of the room rate to a non-visa signature card.

Also, the charge posted as "online merchant" to my Chase Visa - so this didn't get the double points for hotel spend on that card. Not a big deal given the generosity of this promo offer.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by paynea
My stay at the Grand Wailea posted to my Hilton account, and indeed, you get points for both nights.

At checkout, the second night's cost was already taken off the bill. (The resort fee however was charged.) Also, the $50 resort credit was automatically applied as well.
Thanks for the Grand Wailea data point. Few questions:

Was the free daily breakfast the buffet?

What VIP benefits did you get as part of this deal?

Can the $50 resort credit be used to cover the resort fee?

Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by prkzoom
Was the free daily breakfast the buffet?
What free daily breakfast?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.