Search

Hyatt Regency Paris Club Rooms $21 + 3000 Points Per Night

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jordan_h
about that... i actually wasn't trying to get credit for a hot tip; i emailed gary leff because he had a post earlier this year about another mistake rate at the same hotel, and i was curious if they honored that one. in fact, i assumed it was probably too specific a find for him to write about. lesson learned!
The blogger business needs the hot deals in order to get more traffic of the sort to which they can sell travel-related credit cards. Even a small deal may be a big deal if it gets even one more person using their money-generating credit card referral link to successfully get the credit card.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mster
Booked a couple of nights in October. Anyone book anything sooner?
I also booked a couple of nights in October. Here's hoping it sticks!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If only I was shocked about people calling in on such deals.
Originally Posted by katstarr
The first rule of the Fight Club is.....
First off, it was not me that "broke" fight club rules. . Upon reading about the rate on twitter, I attempted to book online for a July 2017 stay, no luck as it was crashing with "some error message". Then I called the DIA line and attempted to book via an agent on phone.

After I mentioned the hotel name, the CSR said, "Ah this property, you are the 5th person to call in for this hotel. There is an error with some booking rates. IT is in process of correcting now."

She tried booking it manually, but was blocked from doing so. I guess I was too late as well. Either way, great find and good luck for the ones that were successful in getting that rate.^

LFC

PS: Call to DIA line was around 11am EST
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Fingers crossed...in the worst case, i guess i got my points expiration date reset.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:04 pm

The points, C+P and CUwP rates are back online now, asking now 21K or 555 EUR+3K for Club King...
Old Aug 29, 2016, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by luvFclass
First off, it was not me that "broke" fight club rules. . Upon reading about the rate on twitter, I attempted to book online for a July 2017 stay, no luck as it was crashing with "some error message". Then I called the DIA line and attempted to book via an agent on phone.

After I mentioned the hotel name, the CSR said, "Ah this property, you are the 5th person to call in for this hotel. There is an error with some booking rates. IT is in process of correcting now."

She tried booking it manually, but was blocked from doing so. I guess I was too late as well. Either way, great find and good luck for the ones that were successful in getting that rate.^

LFC

PS: Call to DIA line was around 11am EST
Somebody beat you to killing it, but you had no way of knowing that. You just plain don't call on something like this. Bringing it to a human's attention, regardless of your intentions, is exactly how deals like this get killed.

So no, you didn't single-handedly kill it, but you very much did break the rules of fight club.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
This is why no one in their right mind shares Jumbos with a blogger.

Just too many entitled folk with no common sense. How a 6 year FT member thinks it's ok to call, is beyond me.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by bobert24
So no, you didn't single-handedly kill it, but you very much did break the rules of fight club.
Second off, I am the "cut man", so......

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
This is why no one in their right mind shares Jumbos with a blogger.

Just too many entitled folk with no common sense. How a 6 year FT member thinks it's ok to call, is beyond me.
Au contraire mon frere, I don't feel entitled at all. I am in CDG next July for 3 days, if I cannot book it online without getting all these error messages, why should I not call the Hyatt CS? The golden goose was already dead, and Hyatt monitors all social media anyways. (Though I see your point regarding calling it in) Plus twitter/FB was already blown up by the news for at least 24h prior to me calling in. I'd much rather pay $18EUR*3nights, than $166EUR*3 nights??

I don't want to continue belaboring the issue, so...."mea culpa" on breaking the fight club rules, and calling in to see if any space was available on my travel days.
LFC
@:-)

Last edited by luvFclass; Aug 30, 2016 at 8:37 am
Old Aug 30, 2016, 12:06 pm

Fingers crossed this sticks. If it does it'll definitely take the pain out of requalifying for diamond!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 5:52 am

I just received an email from Hyatt that they will honor the mistake they made.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Hyatt Diamond
Thank you for making a reservation at Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile.

We recently experienced a system error that resulted in the display of incorrect room rates at our hotel. This was our mistake, and we have addressed it.

While the Hyatt.com terms and conditions permit Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile to cancel reservations in this situation, Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile has decided to honor the rate, date(s) and name(s) for which your reservation was originally booked*. We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel, but please do note that any change to the date(s) or name(s) on your reservation will affect the rate.

* All terms and conditions, including the hotel’s cancellation policy and the applicable Hyatt.com terms and conditions, still apply to your reservation. This includes the prohibition on reselling or distributing rooms. The reservation is not transferrable. At check-in, identification will be requested. This reservation may not be combined with other offers or award or certificate redemptions.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Now that it is fixed, can we agree that in future, please please please DO NOT call in any circumstances. If you are unable to book it online, chances are the goose is slaughtered.
Besides, why would any CSR book an error rate even if it is available online?

Thanks to Op, I'm living in Paris for a while...
Old Sep 2, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Great news that it is being honored! Hyatt earned a lot of karma points in my book for honoring this rate. Now onto book my flights!
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Great news that it is being honored! Hyatt earned a lot of karma points in my book for honoring this rate. Now onto book my flights!
Agreed. I didn't get in on it, but the good will they're earning from this will extend far beyond the few people who were able to book it, and will be worth much more to them than the few dollars they lost on this deal.
Old Sep 2, 2016, 11:44 am

Unbeatable deal. Never thought I'd be staying at a full service Hyatt in Paris for less $ than a Cat1 Cash + Points stay ^

Too bad it wasn't possible to book holiday '17 / early '18 dates when the renovations will be closer to completion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.