Wiki Posts
Search

Oakspring Hotel and Luxury Suites Lagos 26 cents

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:23 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Oakspring Hotel and Luxury Suites Lagos 26 cents

Is this property ahead of the upcoming Naira devluation? I sure think so and Agoda has the sale!

26 cents for the Family Room.

Sample Dates:

2016-11-12
2016-10-19
2016-08-23

More dates as early as mid-July.

http://www.agoda.com/oakspring-hotel...9-f40c4ade7ebb
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:23 am

Thanks!
Booked for the end of December.
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:12 pm

Looks gone?
Old Jun 21, 2016, 5:14 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Gone indeed.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 7:33 am

cancellation email
Old Jul 12, 2016, 3:38 am

Agoda sent me an email saying they will refund the amount difference.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:11 am

Really?? You recieved the value of the booking from Agoda? I recieved an email from them asking me to accept the corrected rate. I told them no I do not accept, and requested a future discount or credit for this error. They gave me a coupon for 10 percent of a future booking if I cancel the booking(at no charge). What should I do? Should I cancel. I know they can't charge me more than I booked for. I'm planning to maybe counteroffer and request 35 percent offer, stating an error this significant inconveniences me dramatically and a 10 percent discount ( which can be found anywhere) is just simply not sufficient. What do you guys think?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jetsfan27
Really?? You recieved the value of the booking from Agoda? I recieved an email from them asking me to accept the corrected rate. I told them no I do not accept, and requested a future discount or credit for this error. They gave me a coupon for 10 percent of a future booking if I cancel the booking(at no charge). What should I do? Should I cancel. I know they can't charge me more than I booked for. I'm planning to maybe counteroffer and request 35 percent offer, stating an error this significant inconveniences me dramatically and a 10 percent discount ( which can be found anywhere) is just simply not sufficient. What do you guys think?
In the past I received a much larger discount from Agoda for a future booking (may have been 30%?) So I suppose it couldn't hurt to ask.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Jetsfan27
Really?? You recieved the value of the booking from Agoda?
They said they will refund me (don't know if with credit or in cash) after I show them the hotel's receipt that I will have paid first. Since it seems a too dangerous country and I'm not planning to go there, I kind of 'gave them another option' and they also offered me 10% discount on next booking.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by samuli
They said they will refund me (don't know if with credit or in cash) after I show them the hotel's receipt that I will have paid first. Since it seems a too dangerous country and I'm not planning to go there, I kind of 'gave them another option' and they also offered me 10% discount on next booking.

Oh ok lets both counter with 30 percent off as 10 percent is just an extremely small amount. But that is pretty cool that they gave it to you. It seems from the email they really want me to specifically state that I am canceling my reservation. So it seems like it may work.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 6:40 pm

Worked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.