Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

£20 off a £20+ hotel booking on hotels.com

Old May 24, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

For those with UK bank accounts only:

Until 12.00pm UK time on Thursday 26 May, book a hotel with Hotels.com through Earnaway using this link [note: this is not an affiliate link], and you'll get £20 cashback on bookings over £20.

The value you'll get from that will depend on your exact requirements and preferences of course, but it really will take a chunk off any stay. As an example, I found UK hotels for as little as £4 a night with the cashback.

The offer is for existing, as well as new, Earnaway users too.
Old May 24, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Do you have experience with the site? How do they pay out?
Old May 24, 2016, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Palal
Do you have experience with the site? How do they pay out?
I do.

They have previously paid me cashback without the slightest issue. You simply add your bank account number and sort code, and then request a withdrawal.

As an aside, Earnaway comes from the same people behind Quidco, which is also an excellent, and very well-regarded, cashback site.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:16 am
jxd

Sadly u need to have a UK bank account to cash out
Old May 24, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Cheers InsideFlyer UK! That gets me one night in a hotel I was going to book anyway for £0.88!
Old May 24, 2016, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by jxd
Sadly u need to have a UK bank account to cash out
Is that legal in the EU?
Old May 24, 2016, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by colm
Cheers InsideFlyer UK! That gets me one night in a hotel I was going to book anyway for £0.88!
Brilliant! Really pleased it worked so well for you.
Old May 24, 2016, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
again: this works only if you have a British bank account.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
again: this works only if you have a British bank account.
I did make that very clear - it is the first sentence in my initial post!
Old May 25, 2016, 2:00 am

Originally Posted by InsideFlyer UK
I did make that very clear - it is the first sentence in my initial post!
But still not legal in the EU, they must accept any european bank account for SEPA transfer.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:17 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by 31570324
But still not legal in the EU, they must accept any european bank account for SEPA transfer.
Not true, as long as it's open to any EU citizen who holds a UK bank account then they are compliant with EU rules.
Old May 25, 2016, 3:26 am

It's against SEPA rules to require a bank account of a specific country. They must accept all SEPA bank accounts. Couldn't find a better link than this now: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...countries.html

The introduction of SEPA will allow you to:

Use your debit card anywhere in the euro area
Make cross-border bank transfers securely, promptly and in full
Set up direct debits from anywhere in the euro area
Need only one bank account for the whole euro area

You cannot be obliged by a payer or payee to maintain a bank account in any particular country to make or receive payments. For example, an Irish person working in France could have their French employer pay his/her salary directly to their Irish account and use that account to pay direct debits and bills in France.

Last edited by 31570324; May 25, 2016 at 3:38 am
Old May 25, 2016, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 31570324
It's against SEPA rules to require a bank account of a specific country. They must accept all SEPA bank accounts. Couldn't find a better link than this now: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en...countries.html
I think you are reading too much in this. AIUI, the SEPA regulation imposes obligations on banking institutions only, not on retailers. It requires them to treat intra-Eurozone transfer operations in the same manner as intra-state transfer operations. It should therefore be the same for a French employer to pay a salary into a French or Irish bank account and the banks can no longer levy extra fees on such cross-border operations. The SEPA regulation and cross-border payment directive also impose a certain number of other obligations on banking institutions. However, those obligations are on banking institutions only (more accurately: "payment service providers" or PSPs).

The SEPA regulatory framework does not oblige retailers to accept transactions from anywhere in the EU. There is no general obligation on service or goods providers not to discriminate against customers in other Member States (although there are specific prohibitions on discrimination in certain situations and certain sectors). For the time being, it is still as a rule open to a trader to restrict access to its services to to residents of a particular Member State if it so wishes. Earnaway do exactly that and their TandCs make it clear that membership in the scheme is reserved to UK residents. It is equally open to them to require possession of a UK bank account if they so wish.

Finally, further note that, in any event, the UK is not in the Eurozone and much of the SEPA framework only applies for Euro payments, not Sterling payments.
Old May 25, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: M&More FF - Finnair Plus - Flying Blue Gold - Westjet Gold
You can get a free UK bank account with Monese ( don't forget to cancel it after 1 month, otherwise 4.95£ per m. ) you can then wire the money to your local account, I don't know how long does it take to get the cashback, but It may be helpful if they do it within 30days.
Old May 26, 2016, 3:21 am
jtz

Thanks for this, cashback tracked too.
There's also a £10 refer a friend bonus.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.