Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Ramada Mazatlan Resort $7

Ramada Mazatlan Resort $7

Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:58 pm

Just a heads up, I received a second confirmation today.
BUTTTT instead of my $1600 MXN rate, the new one states $1600 USD.

Shady?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:04 pm

I managed to get one of these rooms too, just had a look on the site and it states MXN as the currency. Did you lookup the res online?
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by danam
I managed to get one of these rooms too, just had a look on the site and it states MXN as the currency. Did you lookup the res online?
My original confirmation states MXN and my online reservation does too. However the hotel directly sent me a new one today stating $1600 USD
Old Feb 5, 2016, 5:54 pm

I got the e-mail as well.
My online reservation says:

Cancellation Policy: THIS RESERVATION IS NOT CANCELLABLE

Online rate still shows USD.

I will leave it as is and see what things look like later next week.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
I got one too. This one changed the room type from Queen Suite to King standard room. Of course the zinger is the price went from 1500 MXN to 1600 USD. No explanation. This is not a surprise. An apology as they're kicking your derrire is an American thing.

I doubt this is a big loss. If I were going to Mazatlan, I wouldn't normally book this place. I've been told that from among the various Mexican tourist cities, this is probably among the least safe.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-1K, EXEC-PLAT
I got the the email as well for my stays.

Checked the Reservation online on Ramada's website and its still showing the Currency MXN :-)
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:18 am
p78
Suspended

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
I replay to email and they write again what rate is in USD but I can cancel for free....joke

on website rate is in MXN still and free cancellation
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:19 am
p78
Suspended

I got also email that my studio is now standard room.....we will see
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:51 pm

Room stayed the same in my email (King Suite), but of course it is now quoted in USD.

I'm not going to fight to keep the cheap rate on this one.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
They offered me 80 USD/night. Pass....
Old Feb 8, 2016, 5:23 am

Don't be so quick to give up on this rate.
I've got a friend working on something. Give it a couple weeks and we'll see what happens.

As for MZT being unsafe, I know people who live there 5 months/winter. They've never been robbed and are still alive.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 7:56 am
p78
Suspended

I made bookings for 2 weeks(one day booking for flexibility) on 2 name because we prefer 2 rooms we travel 2+2kids
They send emails to both us but they just replayed to one of us that rate is in USD not Mexican....We will ignore this because rate still show in MXN on website if I check reservation....
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
@:-) ... Probably goes without saying, but if you want to have a chance: Screenshot.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 12:06 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Renard
If I were going to Mazatlan, I wouldn't normally book this place. I've been told that from among the various Mexican tourist cities, this is probably among the least safe.
I've been going to Mazatlan for the past 24 years and have never felt even remotely unsafe. Initially, we traveled down every December for 3 weeks staying in a timeshare; my first trip in 6th grade. My parents purchased a home there around the time I was in high school. My brothers and I have had numerous nights out at the bars and all made it home safely, even times when we probably shouldn't have. I have cumulatively spent at least a year and a half of my life in Mazatlan. Those days are behind me, but the point is, unless you are trying to buy drugs or entertain some other illegal activity, you are generally very safe in Mazatlan.

I can't say much about the Ramada; I haven't been to Mazatlan in a couple years and have never stayed at any hotel besides the El Cid. As I remember, it's a generic hotel and I wouldn't expect much. The location is fine, but not great.

Although I have spent most of my time in Mazatlan, I have visited A half dozen other destinations in Mexico and found MZatlan to be the best all around. It doesn't have the sparkling waters of the Caribbean, but has the longest open beaches of anywhere I've been in Mexico. If you're not aware, by Mexican law, all beaches are public; however, in places like Cabo, natural (or man made to look natural) barriers prevent you from walking the length of the beach. This is nice if you want to pay for seclusion, but not so nice if you want to run on the beach.

I am leaving for Mazatlan tomorrow; if things have changed, I'll be sure to report back.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 7:40 pm

Location: District of Columbia, Maryland- AA 2M Life Platinum, UA 1K, TK Gold, BA Silver, IC RA, Fairmont/Marriott Platinum, SPG/Hilton/Omni Gold, Wynn/Makers Mark Ambassador, Hertz Presidents Circle, Avis Chairmans, National Executive
Is there a way to contact the Mazatlan Tourism Board? I'm sure they would not be happy with the shady practices of hotels changing rates at will. People need to know what to expect. I have been to Mexico multiple times but this would be my first trip to Mazatlan. And this first impression is a terrible one so far!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.