Search

HIX Bali Raya Kuta $28

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2016, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Um...
Hey guys,

Hate to kill the party, but do you think this other stuff about recommendations for Bali could move toa different thread? Maybe keep this on topic about this hotel/rate?
Old Jan 20, 2016, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Javvu
Going to Bali for the first time with my wife in late Feb for a relaxing time for 4 days. Need recommendations for place to stay ($100/night budget) & sight seeing (volcanos & scuba diving).
Appreciate the response.
Believe it or not you can get the IC for slight over $100 a night if you book in advance, I mean you will get the regular rooms but that is a great property. Now you also have the option of staying in a villa but I'd be afraid if the security is non existent or lax.
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Believe it or not you can get the IC for slight over $100 a night if you book in advance, I mean you will get the regular rooms but that is a great property. Now you also have the option of staying in a villa but I'd be afraid if the security is non existent or lax.
Why would security be a problem?
Old Jan 21, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold, Skyteam Elite Plus, IHG Spire AMB, HHonors Diamond
thanks - great price
Old Jan 21, 2016, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Thanks for the responses, Why would security be an issue..?
Is it advisable to book now (3week advance) or wait until ladt week to book the hotels/villas..?
Any good deals on villas and/or recommendations..?
Old Jan 22, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Javvu
Thanks for the responses, Why would security be an issue..?
Is it advisable to book now (3week advance) or wait until ladt week to book the hotels/villas..?
Any good deals on villas and/or recommendations..?
Please let me know what hotels or villa you booked. Very interested in Bali and is hoping to go there in April.

Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2016, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Bali villa

I've been asked by a number of people about the great villa we stayed at in December. I've just created a new thread in the Asia forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/asia/...l#post26063519
Old Jan 23, 2016, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I'd throw out a gentle challenge to get a room at the IC for a week at an average of $100 per night !!

And don't forget the ++ of 21%
Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:30 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
BTW, don't forget the current Top Cashback of 8 percent.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'd throw out a gentle challenge to get a room at the IC for a week at an average of $100 per night !!

And don't forget the ++ of 21%
what is IC?

Thanks
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
IC is intercontinental hotel. Big soulless place. Beautiful but it has nothing to do with Bali, it's in a super touristy area and made for Americans and lately Russians. Could be anywhere. Food is not that good either.

Also very unlikely you'll get it for $100 per night even excluding the 21% tax.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 6:33 am

Just stayed here 1 night. Price was $38 including all taxes/fees. Just used it to get 20,000+ points for the Accelerate program.

All was nice. The front desk was helpful, walking distance to Kuta nightlife (20-30 minutes), good Indonesian breakfast included and a pretty nice pool out back. Can't complain.

It is Bali though, so after 1 night to get our points bonuses, we headed to one of the many options to stay for less than $25 a night.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by henkybaby
IC is intercontinental hotel. Big soulless place. Beautiful but it has nothing to do with Bali, it's in a super touristy area and made for Americans and lately Russians. Could be anywhere. Food is not that good either.

Also very unlikely you'll get it for $100 per night even excluding the 21% tax.

Yes IC is good if you book the Lounge access rooms, otherwise you become lost in the masses or plebians. Then you get a private pool for Club people only and you are addressed by name in the lounge etc. Yes the Lounge or Club rooms will not be $100. I have been to this property each time and I was treated really well. Club access rooms also include airport pickup and dropoff.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:22 am

Will they upgrade Spire members to Club rooms?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Superorb
Will they upgrade Spire members to Club rooms?
If available, yes. They are very good ar recognizing status. I still think the HI Baruna is a nicer property at a better location. Not the hoopla of the IC but hey.

Neither of them are what you really want in Bali. Look for properties in Seminyak on the beach north of the Oberoi. If price is no object of course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.