Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expedia Cyber Monday 90% Off Coupon - FAIL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
need real numbers here, diman
You come off as so whiney and entitled. Take it for what it is, a time waster with a chance to get a good deal.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:31 pm

I booked two nights in boston for January and used the code and got charged full price... Called and said i had the screenshots of the amount etc... They refunded me the difference and charged me only 25 us for both nights... So there is still hope.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Also got charged the full amount despite having the reduced price at checkout with the coupon applied. Did Expedia IT not learn anything from this morning?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by patriots12
You come off as so whiney and entitled. Take it for what it is, a time waster with a chance to get a good deal.
u come off un-bizlike. I want to see real dates and numbers to know whether the whole hoopla is due to that 2/1-2/5 stupidity of the Expedia's BF75%promo - which was a pretend promo of its own

Huge thanks to firstdima for pics! Only problem is not a single date is visible, so we still don't know if DATES were the deal-breaker. I have no idea why I was getting "code not applicable; T&C" on the listed hotel within seconds of code's becoming public. Within that minute, I've tried some Xmas dates and some President Week dates- none of which were supposed to be blacked out according to the advance T&C

Last edited by SinglePapa2; Nov 30, 2015 at 3:04 pm
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: VS Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
u come off un-bizlike.
"u"? There's nothing business-like about txt spk. Just sayin'.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Also got charged the full amount despite having the reduced price at checkout with the coupon applied. Did Expedia IT not learn anything from this morning?
When would they have time to learn anything, much less implement an IT fix? This is perhaps the busiest traffic day of the year for them and they are running a real-time quantity-limited deal broadly advertised to millions of people. They were probably just struggling to keep the servers from crashing.

Everyone just needs to have patience, give Expedia one chance to fix it, then dispute it with your credit card. I would have zero concerns about it being honored, to the point where I would even be willing to book non-refundable airfare as long as I had a screenshot of the price quoted when I 'slid to purchase'.

If you're really pissed, call your local news station or other media outlets, they will be looking for 'Cyber Monday gone wrong" stories. Expedia will know that they can't f@#% up on a clearly advertised deal and refuse to make it right, at least not without attracting attention from state attorney generals. <shrug>
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
the new york hotel for 2pm PT has essentially zero availability haha.... i found one day in late march. i doubt i'll need the room, but i just want to try this again.

EDIT: nevermind, SHOPFAST was delayed in being posted and expired within 15 seconds. i missed it.

called expedia, the rep seems very friendly but is incredibly hard to understand. escalated to a supervisor, who is receiving a 'large number of calls' (duh). i've been on hold for a half hour and counting.

Last edited by riphamilton; Nov 30, 2015 at 3:04 pm
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
Probably it's too late for a warning, but the Expedia page says "Limit one coupon per customer"
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Temedar
Probably it's too late for a warning, but the Expedia page says "Limit one coupon per customer"
use multiple accounts.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Temedar
And we don't know how that's coded, either. Any one coupon on 11/30, or a single use of a particular coupon code? It's all waste-waste-waste of consumer's time by Expedia pretending to throw generous promo and generating name-recognition and traffic for itself
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:11 pm

I was able to jump on the New Orleans deal for a two night stay in December. I had everything already filled out and ready for when they posted the code at 1:00.

Grand total of $113, $44 for the room and $69 in taxes and fees. To answer an earlier question, taxes are calculated on the cost of the room BEFORE the discount, I.e. my taxes were based on a total of $442 rather than $44. This was confirmed with an inquiry call to Expedia's customer service. I'll let other more experienced travelers determine the legality of that.

Just wanted to confirm that some of us did manage to break through. I know it's my first post, but I promise I'm not a robot or Expedia worker
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:16 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Welp decided to go for it one more time. App showed the price, but the e-mail confirmation does not show it applied. First agent was incredibly unhelpful and didn't seem to understand the issue. Either was hung up on, or on hold for a supervisor now.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by FlyLSU
I was able to jump on the New Orleans deal for a two night stay in December. I had everything already filled out and ready for when they posted the code at 1:00.

Grand total of $113, $44 for the room and $69 in taxes and fees. To answer an earlier question, taxes are calculated on the cost of the room BEFORE the discount, I.e. my taxes were based on a total of $442 rather than $44. This was confirmed with an inquiry call to Expedia's customer service. I'll let other more experienced travelers determine the legality of that.

Just wanted to confirm that some of us did manage to break through. I know it's my first post, but I promise I'm not a robot or Expedia worker
muchas gracias for your debut on forum! Pls consider that due to holidays/school breaks/etc. saying "December" is usually almost meaningless. I'm currently seeing rates in Orlando (for same exact rooms) that are 350% higher on Dec.25 than on Dec.23; that's how vacation travel works. Another example would be Frontier flights jumping from $1 for Dec.15 to $229 for Dec.17, etc

Guys, kindly be precise in posts
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by FlyLSU
Followed exactly the same procedure and it cannot have been more than 10 seconds after the code was published that I entered the code. Code had already expired. For such a big company, Expedia seems to be rather stingy...

After some rather nasty experiences with their customer service, they were already my last resort option and that certainly has not changed today.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Pls consider that due to holidays/school breaks/etc. saying "December" is usually almost meaningless.
Guys, kindly be precise in posts
I make a huge efforts to NEVER post precise enough details that a OTA/airline/hotel chain would be able to identify me from posts on FT. He gave you the month, the property, the base price and the discounted price. Why do you care what dates?

I though his post was one of the clearest and most useful posts on the whole thread, and really appreciated the detailed information, even if I won't be able to use it to stalk him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.