Scavenger Hunt: Cheapest non-mistake online room rate anywehere, anytime

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scavenger Hunt: Cheapest non-mistake online room rate anywehere, anytime

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This might still be a viable scheme via the Southwest hotel bonus. Approximately $30 in SWA credit (2000 bonus + 600 base) for partnered hotels, $20 for nonaligned brands.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:18 am

Any idea how I can get this to work?

I am looking for a site which will allow me to compare rates from one (or preferably more) specified hotel chains in a specified country.

For instance, the cheapest Hilton (and/or Marriott) hotels in the UK, regardless of location within the country. No OTAs needed.

Is there any site which can do this?
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:41 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by bfernand
I am looking for a site which will allow me to compare rates from one (or preferably more) specified hotel chains in a specified country.

For instance, the cheapest Hilton (and/or Marriott) hotels in the UK, regardless of location within the country. No OTAs needed.

Is there any site which can do this?
Is this for the same 'plan' or a different one? It would help if you provided some additional information of what you're trying to achieve.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by nux
Is this for the same 'plan' or a different one? It would help if you provided some additional information of what you're trying to achieve.
My enquiry has nothing to do with the OP's 'plan'. I would simply like to compare, in one search transaction, all rates from a specified chain in a location for a fixed date. For instance, if I will be in Rome from 10-12 November, I would like to compare rates of all Hilton properties during that period. Rates from Hilton as well as other competing OTAs. But I want to be able to filter out results from all other hotel chains or independent hotels. Is there any online tool for this?
Old Sep 6, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Kayak does that. Just enter "Hilton" in the hotel name section and select "All Hilton hotels".
Old Sep 7, 2015, 1:34 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
My enquiry has nothing to do with the OP's 'plan'. I would simply like to compare, in one search transaction, all rates from a specified chain in a location for a fixed date. For instance, if I will be in Rome from 10-12 November, I would like to compare rates of all Hilton properties during that period. Rates from Hilton as well as other competing OTAs. But I want to be able to filter out results from all other hotel chains or independent hotels. Is there any online tool for this?
Apologies, thought you were the OP
Old Sep 9, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta SM, ICH PLAT
The chain-specific websites would let you do exactly that... and generally speaking, give you the lowest price (not counting cashback and coupons).

Or are you looking for something with less work? I.e. ONE website that lets you search various chains with only a small change in search parameter? Unfortunately, my experience is that the major ones (hotels.com, Orbitz, etc.) will let you put in keywords, but often don't show the same availability as the chain-specific websites. Worse, the price may not be as competitive, so you are not comparing apples to apples.

I'm not sure if you are just trying to find an efficient way to plan your travel, or doing some 'research', but when I travel, I do exactly that - I search my 3 main chain-specific websites (Hilton, Marriott, ICH) for a city/region on points redemption, then I search 2-3 generic hotel booking sites (varies depending on country and current active promos+coupons).
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:21 pm

How many cockroaches will you be stsying with at that rate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.