Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Santiago-Diplomatic Suite USD $5.00 per night

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
My trip is the week after next...have not made any phone calls yet, but I won't bother to go if I have to front 8 nights for a diplomatic suite at the regular rate. I hope I get my passport back in time! Sent it in about a month ago.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
My trip is the week after next...have not made any phone calls yet, but I won't bother to go if I have to front 8 nights for a diplomatic suite at the regular rate. I hope I get my passport back in time! Sent it in about a month ago.

Unlikely Amex would come out with an guarantee that you won't have to pay for the suite. We just to roll the dice and see how it works out.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 7:22 pm

A supervisor called me to follow up today and said a few things of interest. There is an internal email with talking points that went around to all supervisors about the sale.

He said that they have been having glitches with pricing recently and that he took a call yesterday about the same property (he actually said, "it's almost like the hotel is in on it or something because so many people booked there."

The email didn't say much aside from the fact that any decision would have to be from upper level management, and that we would just have to wait. The supervisor offered to follow up with me again, as my check-in date is about a week away.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum & Amex Optima, SPG Gold, Chase Bold & Hilton Gold
So this is happening - http://www.theflightdeal.com/2015/08...ing-all-taxes/
Old Aug 2, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by jpwizard111
Was on Flyertalk first!!!!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt DMD, Hilton DMD, Marriott PLT, Starwood GLD
Supervisor Update

Spoke again today with a supervisor, who said that her supervisor's supervisor is dealing with the issue and that they would call me back this week with a determination. I was told that there was a note in my bookings about a "currency conversion" error.

Sounds as though they're circling the wagons...
Old Aug 4, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
So what did you decide to do? Did you reach out to amex for a resolution?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:21 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by cruisr
So what did you decide to do? Did you reach out to amex for a resolution?
Mine starts this Saturday, Amex is supposed to get back with me today on a resolution. Its funny, because Amex system still shows the low rate, so when I called to confirm, they quoted me what they sent me. I should have just left it there and went on the trip, with written and verbal confirmation of the low rate.
Old Aug 5, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by WorldFam
Spoke again today with a supervisor, who said that her supervisor's supervisor ...

Sounds as though they're circling the wagons...
One wonders: How many layers are there at a hotel? And second, could there be any wagons left?
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:09 am

I spoke to a supervisor at Amex today who said they know of the issue and are going to make good on the rate when the reservation was reserved.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Mikesair
I spoke to a supervisor at Amex today who said they know of the issue and are going to make good on the rate when the reservation was reserved.
Thanks! Mikeair and Welcome to FT. If indeed that is the case, that is ver good news indeed! I assume we will wait for further confirmations from AMEX and others whom have contacted them as well. Safe Travels
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: United Member, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

When I logged into my AMEX account to check my reservation, it showed the rate with all the zeros...too many!

Hope they will honor.

Last edited by WaterLilinyc; Aug 6, 2015 at 11:02 am
Old Aug 6, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
My rate also changed today, multiple zeroes added. Think this is about time to start calling in and mentioning the word screenshots.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 12:47 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
My reservation has been corrected as well. Fortunately I saved screen shots and also have the original e-mail from Amex. Just haven't bothered to call in for this just yet as mine is not until November.

Halothane
Old Aug 6, 2015, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Mikesair

I got the same story today from a Supervisor.

She said it was a known error. Amex will honor the rate and make good on it. She said best case, Hyatt has a list of who was provided what rate, and Hyatt should charge correctly. She said if not, worst case, she said go ahead and pay the higher amount, and Amex will make right after the fact. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.