Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Santiago-Diplomatic Suite USD $5.00 per night

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: Amex Platinum & Amex Optima, SPG Gold, Chase Bold & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by saranyc
And you won the dispute? How many nights was it for?
I'm fairly new to this so some detailed guidance would be really helpful... I'm not entirely comfortable with booking up the rest of the trip to Chile and then disputing with amex
Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:09 am

Check out this thread -

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...practices.html
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:59 am

I have my hyatt number and i'm viewing this online and in the app, and I see nothing in regards to price. When I click on rate rules on the app, it gives me Value Added TAX: 7410 (CLP) under additional & taxes. My other res has 37905 for the value added tax. Neither of these rates really coincides with what I booked at. Any idea how to find out exactly what the total rate is that Hyatt would have? Or, just go with it with the Amex res confirmation?
Old Jul 29, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Mariott Gold, AMEX Plat, US CP
I would tend to agree with some of you if this was booked on hotels.com or some third party site. However, this was booked through the AMEX FHR program and the AMEX travel department. AMEX owns it. I don't see how after the fact they can deny a dispute when they are the ones who made the booking and provided the confirmation.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum & Amex Optima, SPG Gold, Chase Bold & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by william142
I would tend to agree with some of you if this was booked on hotels.com or some third party site. However, this was booked through the AMEX FHR program and the AMEX travel department. AMEX owns it. I don't see how after the fact they can deny a dispute when they are the ones who made the booking and provided the confirmation.
The question is - Is Amex legally obliged to fulfill this deal? I reckon they should as transaction with receipt and confirmation is provided by Amex
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:48 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
Originally Posted by saranyc
And you won the dispute? How many nights was it for?
Pending. One night.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Hoping reports come back that Amex is being forced to honor this...have 27 nights booked on this and would love the cheap Hyatt nights to get me back to Diamond for next year.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat (1MM), AA Plat, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat.
Originally Posted by skyvanman
Hoping reports come back that Amex is being forced to honor this...have 27 nights booked on this and would love the cheap Hyatt nights to get me back to Diamond for next year.
how can we force Amex to honor the reservation?
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:17 pm

So you have a booking for 27 nights in a diplomatic suite for a grand total of 135 usd and hope that Amex/Hyat will honour it? And you also hope to reach Diamond status?
"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"
Old Jul 30, 2015, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by seris7
So you have a booking for 27 nights in a diplomatic suite for a grand total of 135 usd and hope that Amex/Hyat will honour it? And you also hope to reach Diamond status?
"Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered"

27 sounds excessive, but I would venture a guess that you did not manage to squeez in a booking ?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Originally Posted by @ORD
27 sounds excessive, but I would venture a guess that you did not manage to squeez in a booking ?
I'll get Diamond either way...only booked a view king ... don't really mind if they don't honor it...just hoping to figure that out before i head there. Would be pleasantly surprised if honored.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 8:57 am

If you are wondering if AX is going to come out with something, they are not. Their systems are not showing the rate that was booked...on the back end, they are showing the rate they sent to Hyatt, which is the non-flash sale rate. Only when they go into the reservation details will they see the flash sale rate. So, two options: 1) Go down, pay the non-flash sale rate and then dispute it with AX to cover the difference or 2) call AX and ask them why Hyatt is showing the non-flash sale rate on the res when your confirmation has the flash sale rate...they will research it and then most likely tell you that they are going to cover the difference (rate only, not taxes) and will notate your record. While I can't guarantee that everybody will get option 2, it's worth a phone call (it was for me)

In both instances, it is probably easier to pay with you Amex card so they can see the charge and credit it back accordingly...paying with Hyatt card might complicate things, but to each his own.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
In both instances, it is probably easier to pay with you Amex card so they can see the charge and credit it back accordingly...paying with Hyatt card might complicate things, but to each his own.
Wasn't it FHR rate? Technically, you should only pay with the Plat charge card.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
If you are wondering if AX is going to come out with something, they are not. Their systems are not showing the rate that was booked...on the back end, they are showing the rate they sent to Hyatt, which is the non-flash sale rate. Only when they go into the reservation details will they see the flash sale rate. So, two options: 1) Go down, pay the non-flash sale rate and then dispute it with AX to cover the difference or 2) call AX and ask them why Hyatt is showing the non-flash sale rate on the res when your confirmation has the flash sale rate...they will research it and then most likely tell you that they are going to cover the difference (rate only, not taxes) and will notate your record. While I can't guarantee that everybody will get option 2, it's worth a phone call (it was for me)

Thanks for sharing. I was planning to go with option 1...

How many nights did you book?
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 5DMarkIIguy
Wasn't it FHR rate? Technically, you should only pay with the Plat charge card.
Incorrect. You just need a Platinum or Centurion card to book the hotel. However you can use any other AMEX credit card to pay the bill. If you have a gift card, you can use those at check-out as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.