Search

Free TSA PreCheck from Orbitz after 12 Hotel Nights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2015, 4:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Free TSA PreCheck from Orbitz after 12 Hotel Nights

If you are a Platinum Member with Orbitz, i.e., stayed 12 hotel nights booked with them, you can get the initial TSA fee for PreCheck waived via a code from Orbitz.

1 – Click "Get Started" below to request your promotion code. (Don't see it? Make sure you're logged in to your Platinum account!)

2 – Complete pre-enrollment online and schedule an appointment.

3 – Bring your promotion code to your appointment — you’ll need it to waive the processing fee.

4 – Once approved, add your Known Traveler Number (KTN) to your Orbitz profile, and be sure to call airlines directly to add it to any existing flights!

5 – Ready to travel? Look for the TSA Pre✔® indicator on your boarding pass and get ready to breeze through security!

*NOTE: Only one (1) promotion code will be issued per Platinum member per 5 years (the enrollment term of the program)

http://www.orbitz.com/rewards/TSAprecheck

http://www.orbitz.com/rewards/benefits/

Safe Travels,

Doc
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:33 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Looks like I'm likely to make platinum this year. I already have Nexus, so don't need pre-check in addition. I'd like to be able to gift it to my sister - any experience with this? Unfortunately, T&C seem to indicate it's unlikely to work. Darn, could end up being kind of a waste of quite a nice benefit.

Per T&C:
TSA Pre✔® membership is intended solely for the Platinum member who is eligible for and requests the authorization code, and may not be assigned, sold, transferred, and/or pledged to any third party or to another account. Expiration date of the authorization code will be provided at time of issuance.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Looks like I'm likely to make platinum this year. I already have Nexus, so don't need pre-check in addition. I'd like to be able to gift it to my sister - any experience with this? Unfortunately, T&C seem to indicate it's unlikely to work. Darn, could end up being kind of a waste of quite a nice benefit.

Per T&C:
Does anyone know the answer to this? I'm curious to know as well as I have GE but would like to gift it to a friend/frequent travel companion.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Hmmm. Mine wasn't tied to my name or anything. I could have given the promo code to anybody, they only asked for it at the very end and the guy processing my application seemed caught off guard, we'd been through everything else at that point, he didn't look at the name on the paper or anything, he just entered the number as if he would have entered a credit card number.

My point is, when I did this I think I could have given my code to anybody .

However, this was in 2015 so YMMV.

Here is a copy of the email I received when I participated in this promotion:

Dear DAV2355711,

Thank you for being an Orbitz Rewards Platinum Member! As a Platinum member, you are entitled to a one-time unique promotion code that will waive the application fee ($85 value) for your five-year TSA Pre® benefit. If approved, you will enjoy a security screening experience that keeps you moving forward with confidence and peace of mind, while taking the stress out of travel - no need to remove shoes, laptops, liquids, belts or light jackets.

YOUR UNIQUE PROMOTION CODE: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Your code will expire on X/XX/XXXX

REDEEM NOW - https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/

Please print this page for your records, and bring with you to your enrollment appointment. You must present your code in person at your appointment in order to waive the processing fee.

Happy travels!

Sincerely,
Orbitz Rewards Service Team

The $85 fee for TSA Pre® is non-refundable, regardless of whether the application is approved or rejected. In connection with the redemption of the code, the TSA may be able to determine that you received such promotional code from Orbitz as an eligible benefit.

If you have any issues using your TSA Pre® promotional code, please contact the MorphoTrust USA customer call center at 1-855-347-8371 between 8:00am – 10:00pm EST, Monday – Friday or visit https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/permalinks/contact-us

If you would like more information on TSA Pre® and/or the enrollment process, please visit http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck and https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/faq
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DAV2355711
My point is, when I did this I think I could have given my code to anybody .

However, this was in 2015 so YMMV.
I just got my code and based on the email I received, it was my impression as well. Well I'll give it a shot. Thanks!!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:04 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
How long do you get for the expiration date on your letter? Is it long enough in case you have problem getting an appointment for your interview?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
Thanks to the OP on this. Looks like I'm eligible (i.e. platinum status), and I was thinking of taking the plunge anyway so this could well save $85.

12/27/17 edit: Signed up at ATL near the Delta counters at the far end of the check-in area on a Saturday. Worked very well. I brought the printed out e-mail from Orbitz and the lady there keyed in the code on the letter. That checked out, saving the $85. ^^

FYI, they had my KTN available online in about 4 days, and the printed letter via snailmail not long afterward.

Last edited by RustyC; Dec 28, 2017 at 2:14 am
Old Dec 21, 2017, 7:46 pm

Hey everyone....does anyone have a result from trying to "gift" their code?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:48 am

Does this work if you book with a different Orbitz owned property?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:48 pm

I have the TSA pre reimbursement as I am Diamond but everyone in family has Global entry....not sure what to do with this free code..
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:26 am

I would happily accept a free code if you don't know what to do with it ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.