Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

5* Bluebay Sahara Palace Marrakech formerly Taj Palace-From £28 Suite with bft.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5* Bluebay Sahara Palace Marrakech formerly Taj Palace-From £28 Suite with bft.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:22 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
I repeat, legally speaking this is a binding contract. Regularly signed and concluded by the parties. Hotel can't arbitrarily cancel reservations, nor the ota.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:23 am
Original Poster

It's one thing to cancel a reservation but that is unbelievable rudeness from Hotelopia.

They have the power to cancel, that no one can deny, but to do it in such a vague, insulting and rude way really is beyond comprehension.

Rule number one . If you are going to cancel a customers hotel reservation at least be transparent and do it in a polite way.

Having a confirmed reservation cancelled after a week without even a counter offer is hardly going to win many friends but doing it in such a rude manner as this is beyond normal human comprehension. You could put this on the hall of fame page of ''How NOT to cancel a customers hotel reservation''. It beggars belief!

Why do OTA's employ so many muppets who are intent on ruining their companies image?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
I repeat, legally speaking this is a binding contract. Regularly signed and concluded by the parties. Hotel can't arbitrarily cancel reservations, nor the ota.

Subject to certain terms and conditions which under International OTA Monopoly rules allow the OTA in question to ''get out of jail free''.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Ahah I just spoke with an **** employee to further modify an aspect (can't disclose which one) of my reservation, and he was very helpful and confirming the regularity of my reservation.

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jul 6, 2015 at 8:48 am
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by chokdee
It's one thing to cancel a reservation but that is unbelievable rudeness from Hotelopia.

They have the power to cancel, that no one can deny, but to do it in such a vague, insulting and rude way really is beyond comprehension.
I agree on that one.

Of course I like to see fares like this honoured but I don't mind if they confess a mistake and cancel it. But in this way?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
"Security reason": what a ridiculous cancellation motive. I am curious to hear about what they will answer when asked about more information on those alleged security concerns.

Really lies from businesses are literally the worst...
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Paul4travel,

What do you mean by the regularity of your reservation? When everything has settled down perhaps you would be good enough to divulge some more detail.

It may well come in very handy next time I hit the monopoly board!
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by chokdee
What do you mean by the regularity of your reservation? When everything has settled down perhaps you would be good enough to divulge some more detail.

It may well come in very handy next time I hit the monopoly board!
edited

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jul 6, 2015 at 8:48 am
Old Jun 16, 2015, 6:58 am
Original Poster

OK. But the voucher itself was a confirmation of all of those things. Being told verbally that everything is ok is one thing but getting what was said in writing is the ultimate goal. If you have that or you have seen nothing in the terms and conditions that allows them to cancel then good for you since
you really can't depend on an OTA representative who more often than not will be totally clueless to tell you what's what.

Just look at the way the same agents are wording their cancellations, it hardly reinforces confidence in their ability or customer service.

Last edited by chokdee; Jul 7, 2015 at 3:14 am
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BobKop
Tip: the cancellations of Hotelopia have this line in there 'We have now closed your enquiry. If you do wish to reopen your enquiry, then please select REPLY (below/above) without modifying the Subject.'

I would suggest we all reply and keep the enquiries open
Hi Bob,

How's things?

Yes I agree. Not because they cancelled the reservation , that is their right, but because of their unacceptable rudeness and lack of transparency.

This is one of the few times I would like to actually shoot the messenger!

And the way to do that? Make a constructive complaint to their Master TUI about the rudeness of their customer service. Let Hotelopia know you are going to do it as well...they won't like that but I'm sure under the circumstances they will forgive us for being rude
Old Jun 16, 2015, 7:51 am

We'll have to fight probably.

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jul 6, 2015 at 8:49 am
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Email recevied. Let's start the fight.
They don't even let you discuss it and continue fooling us.

Dear Mr. XXX,

Hope this e-mail reaches you well.

Let me inform you that we are not able to reconfirmed your booking as it's already cancelled.

In this case, we cancelled your booking due security reasons. This is written in our conditions that you have accepted before make the booking.
Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. I let it go although I would have loved staying at this property for 2 nights.

Howsoever, thanks again for posting.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:35 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Here's the response I got after I told them to keep the query open... the lying gets worse and worse.

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thanks for your answer.

Let me inform you that the system proceeded to cancel your booking as you have loads of bookings under your name and this is considerate GROUP.

Sorry for the inconveniences caused.

Have a nice day.

I wonder how that is a security concern (the one they were talking about earlier). Also 'have loads of bookings'? Less than 10; I'm sure they wouldn't cancel that if I had 10 fullpriced ones with the same hotel.

I wonder what the response/lie is for the rest of you who have 1 or 2 bookings
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:00 am

Programs: Miles & More, FlyingBlue, Iberia Plus Gold
Loads of bookings: what a clumsy wording... Ridiculous

My reservation with getaroom.com seems to be still holding. Any news from other getaroom people? Worst would be getting there and hearing at the reception that the booking is cancelled. No mail... no refund and still confirmed on getaroom.com
Old Jun 18, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by BobKop
I wonder what the response/lie is for the rest of you who have 1 or 2 bookings
I only booked 1 room for 2 nights and they speak about security reasons without amplifying it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.