Wiki Posts
Search

Courtyard Budapest City Center $48 07/31

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 4:23 pm
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

This is a rather cheap place at EUR 72 normally but $48 (incl. fees) on 7/31 is a good deal even in Budapest.

Available on marriott.com (and most OTAs).
Old May 28, 2015, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

The standard weekend rate at this hotel is 54 EUR.
Old May 29, 2015, 5:37 am

But is it a good deal or not?
Old May 29, 2015, 11:57 am

I stayed at that hotel in 2013. Good hotel, everything "extra" will cost you. You get a couple of channels but have to pay for anything worthwhile like HBO. There is a daily fee for wifi, but it is usually free at any hotel in that part of the world.

The location is good and there is a tram and subway line right out front. Easily walkable to the train station.

Don't bother asking the front desk for restaurant recommendations. They will send you to a tourist trap restaurant - they likely get a kickback.

I remember paying significantly more than this rate, but I was there in August, which is probably the busiest time.
Old May 29, 2015, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by IamHydro
I stayed at that hotel in 2013. Good hotel, everything "extra" will cost you. You get a couple of channels but have to pay for anything worthwhile like HBO. There is a daily fee for wifi, but it is usually free at any hotel in that part of the world.

The location is good and there is a tram and subway line right out front. Easily walkable to the train station.

Don't bother asking the front desk for restaurant recommendations. They will send you to a tourist trap restaurant - they likely get a kickback.

I remember paying significantly more than this rate, but I was there in August, which is probably the busiest time.
WiFi is free for Marriott Rewards members who book on Marriott.com. this is a changed policy since 2013.

I stayed here in November and found the hotel a great value.
Old May 30, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
Hey,

I live in Budapest and just wanted to mention that this hotel is located above a somewhat rough and notorious transport hub; the windows have been insulated so I don't think noise filters up to the rooms but you should be aware that you'll be in a very "urban" location. They also tend to distribute free meals here in the afternoon so there will be an unusually large number of homeless/alcoholics/riff-raff milling around the area.

Still, the major tram line, buses, and the metro all make this a good location for exploring the city, just watch yourself - not only at night.

Also, I like hotels attached to malls and this one is located directly above one; the sushi restaurant on the ground floor is quite good, actually...

Oh - and - also - when they opened, they offered a business lunch deal which was quite good value. This was maybe 5 years or so ago but it was reasonably priced and the food was quite good. It was popular with businesspeople in the area, moreso than tourists or guests. May be worth checking out.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:55 am
Used to be highman123
Original Poster

Btw the hotel has loaded $48 rates now for much of August. This is I think quite high season in Budapest usually?!
Old May 31, 2015, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The hotel itself is OK, but location-wise the only good thing to say is that transport links are good (metro is more or less underneath the place). It's also close to the East Rail Station (trains to Vienna), but the area is kind of depressing and decidedly sketchy. Pest can lurch suddenly from scenic through grand and chic into shabby and rundown.

The big Marriot, on the Danube, right in the heart of the city can be $100 or so via some OTA (hotelclick is good). If you have the cash, it might be worth the upgrade.

If you value hotels attached to malls, the Hilton West End sometimes has very good rates, though mainly at weekends and in high summer. It's much closer to the parts of the city tourists might be interested in - and the mall is (probably) the best Budapest offers.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: Skymiles Platinum / Alaska MVP Gold 75K
Just got back from a trip to Europe where we stayed here. Decent, clean place in a central location in Pest. That location is the biggest selling point. It's not on the Danube so there aren't views but there are many great restaurants within walking distance and the Danube itself is only a 20 min hike. The metro is right downstairs which can take you to Parliament or to Buda and the trams and buses can take you wherever you need to go. Room was clean and the staff is friendly. Housekeeping didn't make up our room one morning which was weird but whatever. We booked with Marriott points transferred from SPG 60,000 Marriott points total for 5 nights. Felt like fair value.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium
Booked for an average EUR 87 for my trip in two weeks. Took advantage of the free breakfast when paying with Visa offer. Seemed to be a decent deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.