Wiki Posts
Search

TopCashBack $34 Credit

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
It's not about notification. I've been tracked, notified, even eligible...and then many months later NOT payable, or something like that...And that could be for various reasons - but mainly because of what BA.com may or may not report back to TCB

Then, on % deals there is often huge markdown (from the max. advertised) back to like 2%.

Worst is that even if u r successfully Payable on some accounts, then u have to open a bunch of new PayPal accounts - cuz TCB seems to decline to PayPal same PayPal account from different TCB accounts
Not sure why you'd need multiple TCB accounts, but you can have multiple email addresses on one PayPal account and TCB wouldn't know they all attach to the same place.
Old May 23, 2015, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Not sure why you'd need multiple TCB accounts, but you can have multiple email addresses on one PayPal account and TCB wouldn't know they all attach to the same place.
I'll try that, thanx!
Multiple TCB is for multiple-day multiple-room stay. I hope current topic is not worth just $34...

But that's how your outcome becomes uncertain: BA.com may disqualify multiple rebates by same name or CC. Any limit mentioned?
Old May 23, 2015, 10:25 am

Expect transactions for this retailer to appear the following day, but can be a few weeks in some cases. Transactions take about 45 days to become confirmed and about 60 - 90 days to become payable, unless otherwise indicated on the Avg Payment Speed statistics above. Recurrences may be limited.

Cashback rates are subject to change, both up and down.

Whilst the vast majority of transactions from merchants track successfully, occasionally a transaction may not get reported. If you believe this to be the case, please submit a 'Missing Cashback' query within 100 days of the transaction, as we will be unable to chase up older claims. You must click through to the retailer and proceed with your purchase or transaction immediately and wholly online.

Please note that some merchants may not be forthcoming with untracked cashback. We endeavour to chase untracked cashback but reserve the right to halt enquiries at any time. Please do not make purchase decisions based on expected cashback as it is not guaranteed.See our Terms and Conditions for more information.

From time to time the information displayed here may be out of date.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So if I rent a car in Dublin for a day on this deal, am I likely to get my $34? It will save me about $20 off my next-best-rate IF it works. If it doesn't, I'm out $14.

Has anyone gotten the cashback on a BA car rental or hotel yet? It seems like you pay them and they issue you a voucher, so I'm guessing there's a plausible purchase track to generate the cashback.
Old May 24, 2015, 6:06 am

When u ask has anyone gotten cashback - is BA deal that old?

Again, tracked and confirmed stages of TCB are not everything. Months later come Eligible and Payable. For god sake, I once had Eligible hundreds of dollars - which never converted to Payable! It appeared because of certain action by OTA customer service, matching name, email, CC, other data points to clamp down on multiple use. In the process, they canned legitimate transactions. And as TCB's disclaimer states, TCB doesn't guarantee their unlimited follow-up support
Old May 26, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
How long does it normally take to get notification? Yesterday, I booked two and got TCB notification immediately, albeit leading to 'pending.' Now today I booked three and they haven't shown up and it's been over an hour.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
How long does it normally take to get notification? Yesterday, I booked two and got TCB notification immediately, albeit leading to 'pending.' Now today I booked three and they haven't shown up and it's been over an hour.
I can't vouch for what u did, and what TCB did - yesterday and today. But two things:
1. Never lose sight of the fact that even if TCB confirmed your transactions, eventually receiving $34 on each is entirely different story. "Confirmed" is little, even "Eligible" much later is not everything. Only eventual "Payable" is it - and no one will see that until months after stay is completed. Or the "$34" will never convert to "Payable" on all transactions...
2. What matters right now: has anyone seen any mention of limits by either TCB or ba.com ?
Old May 27, 2015, 6:32 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by josephstern
Yeah - really pretty lame.

Sorry for the thread. I was hoping we'd discover something.
Well, checking HGI MXP, see the thread about the $36 rate, it shows the rate of US$87 non-refundable, which is the same as getaroom.com and Hilton.com for the date I'm needing. So, the $34, assuming it works may be a deal.
Old May 30, 2015, 12:05 pm

seems it's over before it's over: says $200min now for $34 cashback. rip-off
Old Jun 1, 2015, 12:39 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
seems it's over before it's over: says $200min now for $34 cashback. rip-off
ebates is more reputable and does a $18 cashback, not sure if there's any catch still
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by keitherson
ebates is more reputable and does a $18 cashback, not sure if there's any catch still
What's the source for "reputable"?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: QF,US,ANA
Topcashback CON

I booked 2 separate nights in Bangkok @ $75 per night using the topcashback $34 hotel booking cashback , checked my account today and both bookings have had the cash back declined.

On topcashback website it now states that BA offer $34 when booking a flight and hotel together .

Thieving Gits..

Last edited by ianp; Jun 25, 2015 at 2:57 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:15 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
you should dispute. they clearly changed the t&c afterwards. my bookings have not been declined yet.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:22 am

Rebates on other online travel agencies

I am looking for a fixed dollar, say about ten dollars , rather than percent. Of rebate for some other OTA.

What working offers are there now?

I only know H otelwIz.

I also prefer avoiding topCashback.

I would hope to do one booking per week, possibly for the same hotel, usually a week apart, usually for one night, with the hotel cost imcluding tax only a couple of dollars greater than the rebate.

Any options other than h-wiz

Is h-wiz reliable -- do they accurately make reservations and do they charge credit cards only what they disclose? Are their rebate partners at least fairly good at tracking and paying?

Happy to receive posted,answers or pm. I can remain quiet if asked.

Thank you
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
you should dispute. they clearly changed the t&c afterwards. my bookings have not been declined yet.
how do you dispute? both of my car rental's have been declined

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.