TopCashBack $34 Credit

TopCashBack $34 Credit

Old May 20, 2015, 7:35 am

which reminds OP to edit TITLE
Old May 20, 2015, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
which reminds OP to edit TITLE
If you can give me directions on how to do that, I'd be happy to.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cln
There are no really cheap rooms available. But some hotels in Bangkok or Frankfurt can be of good value with that code. Check dream hotel Bangkok....
I looked in Bali -- it doesn't get much cheaper than that -- and the deals were terrible. But, obviously, you're more likely to find something useful at a cheap destination than an expensive one.

I'm trying to figure out what hotel inventory BA is pulling from for their website sales. It's generally a small collection of bad rates at expensive hotels.
Old May 20, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
I keep getting Error after the credit card authorisation page.
Have tried 2 Barclay cards and Capital One Quiksilver.

What credit card are you guys using?
Old May 20, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Update: Success with discovercard!
Old May 20, 2015, 11:45 am

Just checked all the hotels I need for upcoming trips, inlcuding Thailand, and their rates universally stink, even with the extra $34. Not sure whether they intended to make this promo with no minimum to encourage people to try booking hotels with them but this has certainly made me never want to bother.
Old May 20, 2015, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
If you can give me directions on how to do that, I'd be happy to.
Click EDIT in your very first message
Old May 20, 2015, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Finally got it. Thanks.

EDIT: Wait - that just changed it in the first post.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:08 pm

ehd listed some example locations for the free or cheap rooms. Las Vegas Orlando Delhi Cairo Sharm El Sheikh Athens Crete Ibiza Majorca La Mola Madrid Warsaw Portos Budapest Punta Cana
Old May 20, 2015, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by cln
There are no really cheap rooms available. But some hotels in Bangkok or Frankfurt can be of good value with that code. Check dream hotel Bangkok....
Or Citadines 16. It's virtually free at 22 GBP. I haven't stayed at that one, but I have at 11 & 23, & they're all the same - 3.5 stars. In the BKK market they're worth about $60 IMO. There rooms are well designed & roomy. They all have a small pool, gym, & a good restaurant/bar downstairs.
Old May 20, 2015, 9:00 pm

Wanted to book 2 nights in Vegas next week for my trip, but I am not able to see if the resort fees are included in the total price I see...

Does anyone know ? If they are included, prices are good with a 34$ discount on top of it !
Old May 20, 2015, 9:26 pm

I think resort fees (if any) are mentioned (lower down the page) during booking - but anything can happen once u r actually staying! What's even more important for any taker to realize: pls don't refer to this as "discount". You're charged full price, and you hope for some "rebate" months after your stay. That rebate may or may not work out exactly as counted for. I've had hundreds of dollars disallowed by TCB many months following purchases last couple of years - and I also had some others paid. YMMV
Old May 20, 2015, 10:13 pm

I'd even venture say that this whole idea is no less risky than pursuing Expedia BRG, as one example. At least in case of BRG, u r notified of fail in days. With this whole deal, U'll be notified months after you stay!
Old May 22, 2015, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
I'd even venture say that this whole idea is no less risky than pursuing Expedia BRG, as one example. At least in case of BRG, u r notified of fail in days. With this whole deal, U'll be notified months after you stay!
Why do you think you won't be notified of the cashback for "months"? If that's the case, it's certainly a bit problematic.

I use Topcashback a few times a week for various purchases and the notification is usually pretty quick. I have a failure-to-post rate of about 5% with them, but then their customer service ultimately gets me the rebate about 80% of the time. I do think this one is "riskier" than most, though, simply because it's weird.
Old May 23, 2015, 7:35 am

It's not about notification. I've been tracked, notified, even eligible...and then many months later NOT payable, or something like that...And that could be for various reasons - but mainly because of what BA.com may or may not report back to TCB

Then, on % deals there is often huge markdown (from the max. advertised) back to like 2%.

Worst is that even if u r successfully Payable on some accounts, then u have to open a bunch of new PayPal accounts - cuz TCB seems to decline to PayPal same PayPal account from different TCB accounts

Last edited by SinglePapa2; May 23, 2015 at 8:00 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.