Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

The Residence Tunis 5* - 39.99 usd/night double during Christmas

Old Apr 18, 2015, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Ok, not the cheapest price for an hotel in Tunis, but it is a real 5* by Leading Hotels with very good TA reviews and it is during Christmas Holidays. Looks like a good mistake considering that other rooms are priced exactly ten times more...
Free cancellation, I am not sure if the use of the heated pool and spa is included. Buffet breakfast is included.
Bookable directly on hotel website here:
http://www.lhw.com/hotel/The-Residen...te1=B2T,IB2TRR
Old Apr 18, 2015, 7:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I have a friend in Tunis that I have been wanting to visit for awhile. This might give me the push that I need. I booked for a week over New years. It appears that dates don't show up into the new year unless your stay includes days in December.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:52 pm

the deal is dead
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by tboons
the deal is dead
Agreed. Back to $401.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:45 pm

Certainly not agreed. It is still very much available for 7 nights.

26/12-30/12 and 2/1-5/1.

Assuming remaining offer rooms are not booked out expect it to disappear rather abruptly first thing Monday morning when normal working day begins in Tunis.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by chokdee
Certainly not agreed. It is still very much available for 7 nights.

26/12-30/12 and 2/1-5/1.

Assuming remaining offer rooms are not booked out expect it to disappear rather abruptly first thing Monday morning when normal working day begins in Tunis.
OK, sorry, Chokdee.
I only re-checked the 6 nights I booked yesterday.

I wasn't sure how this one would go,
but they did not charge my AX card,
only ran the usual authorization check for a $.

I doubt I can make it, but maybe.
LHW sent me a reminder to join their club (150$?)
but we already get breakfast !

Last edited by MrHalliday; Apr 19, 2015 at 4:02 pm
Old Apr 19, 2015, 4:51 pm

Ah the club reminder...I seem to remember getting a few of those before a mistake rate stay with LHW at Gleneagles Hotel Scotland post Ryder cup last year but since both breakfast and evening meal at any of their 3 restaurants was also included I too politely ignored the offer.

I did however partake in enjoying a few fine old Scotch whiskeys at the Gleneagles club house
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:05 pm

Dear Mr. AlmostJesus,

I am writing to you regarding your upcoming reservation at The Residence Tunis. The hotel has informed Leading Hotels of the World that they loaded an incorrect rate of 37 Euro per night instead of the correct rate of 371 EURO per night. The hotel is very sorry about this oversight and is offering a special rate of 280 Euros per room per night (including service charge and taxes) on bed and breakfast basis plus an upgrade to sea view room and will extend VIP treatment. We do apologize on behalf of the hotel and hope you will understand their position of not honoring the rate since it does not depict the pricing of a luxury hotel.

Mr. AlmostJesus, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and let me know if you would like to be proceed with your reservation with the correct rate and amenities offered by the hotel. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience so I can move forward with amending your reservation.

Kind regards,

Javier Guzman
Senior Manager, Distribution Reservations Management
The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.
485 Lexington Avenue, Suite 401
New York, NY 10017
Tel 212.515.5729
Fax 212.515.5817
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:05 pm

A bit slow, but not completely asleep...
and they are VERY SORRY !
------------------------------------

Dear MrHalliday,

I am writing to you regarding your upcoming reservation at The Residence Tunis. The hotel has informed Leading Hotels of the World that they loaded an incorrect rate of 37 Euro per night instead of the correct rate of 371 EURO per night. The hotel is very sorry about this oversight and is offering a special rate of 280 Euros per room per night (including service charge and taxes) on bed and breakfast basis plus an upgrade to sea view room and will extend VIP treatment. We do apologize on behalf of the hotel and hope you will understand their position of not honoring the rate since it does not depict the pricing of a luxury hotel.

MrHalliday, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused and let me know if you would like to be proceed with your reservation with the correct rate and amenities offered by the hotel. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience so I can move forward with amending your reservation.

Kind regards,

Javier Guzman
Senior Manager, Distribution Reservations Management
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Sorry about that Mr Holliday, the counteroffer doesn't look very cooperative unless you really need to stay there.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by seris7
Sorry about that Mr Holliday, the counteroffer doesn't look very cooperative unless you really need to stay there.
Don't be sorry, I am not.

I have high standards after 10+ years of these deals.
I think 1 baht per night for Phuket HI is about right.
Or top 5* in Stockholm for 5K IHG points...
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:16 am

I tried to counteroffer back the original price + a good review. They were uninterested.
Oh well, on to the next deal.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:51 am

Programs: TK*G, LH FT, Hilton Gold, IC Ambassador
Booked 4 nights and have not recieved email yet. Maybe they are doing them in batches?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.