Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Wananavu Beach Resort. Fiji Islands. $20.49/double room incl breakfast

Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by sfoboy85
Got the same. Wanted $982.74 more for the 7 night stay.
It was a speculative booking on my end anyway and will take the 25% OFF coupon.

At least I gained something out of it. Thanks for posting!!!
Agreed, likewise!
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by seris7
Although I was expecting that at this stage they would have fullly honoured that deal, I think it's a very good compensation package they are offering considering that they are offering a package of about 300 usd in bonuses.
Maybe if it went another month or two it may have been honored, maybe not. But, I don't think there is any question that contacting the hotel led to this cancellation...

Originally Posted by seris7
I saw on another forum that somebody called the OTA to cancel the reservation and the OTA after consulting the Hotel has cancelled the booking without cancellation fee.
This is a very good news because it means that the deal will be honoured :-)
I don't think it is a coincidence that we have gone a few weeks without cancellation, then just a few days after the hotel was contacted the cancellations started.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 6:52 am

Did anyone else accept agoda's offer?

In my amendment confirmation it states "All special requests are subject to availability upon arrival". No further notification regarding the hotel's goodwill promise. Howsoever especially the free transfer from and to NAN airport has been decisive for us.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by BorussiaMG
Did anyone else accept agoda's offer?

In my amendment confirmation it states "All special requests are subject to availability upon arrival". No further notification regarding the hotel's goodwill promise. Howsoever especially the free transfer from and to NAN airport has been decisive for us.
No, but the reservation is still active. So, let's see, whether they really cancel it
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Le Club Accorhotels Platinum, Club Carlson Gold

I am still working with them to make sure we get what was part of the offer. I don't see breakfast (which was part of the original offer) mentioned in the new communications from them. Return transportation, while communicated as part of the hotel concessions, is actually more like a standard offer on 5+ nights stays (you can see the offer on their website available to anyone). I wanted to reduce the duration of my stay to four nights but in such case according to Agoda the hotel agrees to provide one way transportation and second leg is crazy USD 230 payable to them
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by VladQ
I don't see breakfast (which was part of the original offer) mentioned in the new communications from them. Return transportation, while communicated as part of the hotel concessions, is actually more like a standard offer on 5+ nights stays (you can see the offer on their website available to anyone).
Although it was not mentioned while communicating with agoda breakfast is included in the amendment confirmation.

I am more concerned about the transfer as a concession of the hotel. We are only staying for 4 nights but it was promised in a previous mail and 460 USD for transfers would have been a disqualifier. Howsoever I doubt that they billed me correctly...
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:08 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

That phrase (about special requests) is just a standard one and applies to specific room preference, early check in, etc.

Did they not confirm that two way transportation is included before sending you the link to make the new payment?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
Hell of a deal.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:51 pm

Did they not confirm that two way transportation is included before sending you the link to make the new payment?
I replied to agoda's mail that I will accept an additional payment of 1xx USD.

I will contact them shortly before my stay as I don't wann any further attention on my booking. I was just curious if other FT members experienced the same.
Old Apr 30, 2015, 6:35 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Hm, in my case they required the additional payment to be made now in order to keep the reservation
Old May 14, 2015, 1:45 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Hm, in my case they required the additional payment to be made now in order to keep the reservation
Just to follow up: I made the additional payment they requested and received the new voucher. Didn't receive the discount code for future reservations yet though. Thanks to the OP for sharing this deal!
Old May 14, 2015, 4:07 am

Just to follow up: I made the additional payment they requested and received the new voucher. Didn't receive the discount code for future reservations yet though. Thanks to the OP for sharing this deal!
When will you be there?
Old May 14, 2015, 7:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

September 4-7. What about you?
Old May 17, 2015, 8:00 am

September 4-7. What about you?
Please excuse my late reply. I have been busy.

My stay at Wananavu will start on october 29th. So I'd appreciate any experience and advices.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:01 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

I am at the resort. So far it has been a good stay. We were met at the airport by the driver who took us for a 2.5 hour trip to the hotel. Check in was smooth and they asked when we want to use the 30 mins massage offer. My wife took advantage of it and said it was ok. Breakfasts are very poor in terms of choice, but everything that you have to pay for (i.e. lunch and dinner, drinks) have been quite good. Diving is perfect! Definitely a must here. We are checking out early tomorrow. Will update this thread once I get back home

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.