Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Wananavu Beach Resort. Fiji Islands. $20.49/double room incl breakfast

Wananavu Beach Resort. Fiji Islands. $20.49/double room incl breakfast

Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:52 pm

Thx.

I will be there for four nights in november. Hopefully
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:59 pm

I jumped in for 7 nights over christmas...in hindsight, I probably won't use this mainly b/c I won't be able to find flights that time of year on miles...but I'll worry about that when I get confirmation that it's good. using miles to fiji is always a chore. Hopefully the stars align.

NM...evidently the site is buggy, i thought i booked for dec, but it changed my search to June...booked a week I definitely can't go. cancelling now.

Last edited by Mrgolfer21; Apr 1, 2015 at 3:10 pm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

I wouldn't make any additional plan at least for the next few weeks as this deal looks too good to be true...no news will be a good news for the bext days/weeks
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
NM...evidently the site is buggy, i thought i booked for dec, but it changed my search to June...booked a week I definitely can't go. cancelling now.
I noticed that as well. Kept reverting to June 3. I eventually was able to book a week for Oct. Treat for my birthday.

(I wonder how many other people are booked for June, unintentionally!)
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:48 pm

when i was searching dates, the period over xmas was not the cheap rate, so i shifted to dec 9th to 16th...also, doing some random searches on agoda now, october and december, the site says: "Sorry, there are no available rooms at Wananavu Beach Resort that match your number of rooms and guests on your selected dates".

As someone had mentioned earlier, other OTAs had rates in the $130 USD range when I was searching about 1pm ET (the Expedia rate was also ~$130 USD once you clicked on their site):

however, when searching now:

Last edited by akhenaton; Apr 1, 2015 at 3:54 pm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: AC Fly-Free-Forever Winner
Thanks OP, booked a week in December. I choose to pre-paid with price errors. I have had better luck with pre-paid. For example, this past January, I booked Milo Santa Barbara for couple nights. If it weren’t prepaid, I am sure they wouldn’t honour the $20/night at the front desk. Since I was pre-paid, Milo just released the key and off I went to the room.
But if it is regular price hotel booking, I’d never pre-paid.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:30 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
seems to be gone.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:24 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Wow! Just watched the website video of the resort, and it looks pretty sweet. They hail it as one of the top 10 in Fiji and top 1% in the world. Could be hype, but still looks good enough that I hope it's honored.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:02 am

Programs: Miles and frowns, IHG aluminum
Shoot, looks like it's gone. Too bad as I'm already going to fiji in May.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, DA Gold
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
I jumped in for 7 nights over christmas...in hindsight, I probably won't use this mainly b/c I won't be able to find flights that time of year on miles...but I'll worry about that when I get confirmation that it's good. using miles to fiji is always a chore. Hopefully the stars align.

Same happened to me.. thought I booked Jan and it booked June
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:00 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Did somebody put this on roomer? that is wrong, just wrong and selfish behavior that will end this hobby real fast and ruin it for everyone just like those who jump in an try to do BRG.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by frank_10b
Did somebody put this on roomer? that is wrong, just wrong and selfish behavior that will end this hobby real fast and ruin it for everyone just like those who jump in an try to do BRG.
Does it really surprise you?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Does it really surprise you?
Yes, we should be always surprised when somebody is trying to taking chance of your hard work. Moreover, there are still high possibilities that this deal won't be honoured, so how this guy will deal with the cancellation if he/she eventually sold the room on roomer?

Good news is that agoda is keeping silent...
Old Apr 6, 2015, 9:27 am

Lol to someone putting this on Roomer. I love this world.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
I'm curious, what is the cheapest non-mistake fare you guys have seen in the past to Fiji from Chicago, or anywhere in the US for that matter?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.