Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott Surabaya,East Java,£22 double with bft.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JW Marriott Surabaya,East Java,£22 double with bft.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:03 am

BrotherLehman, can you confirm if your booking is including breakfast or room only? Alpharooms offered me a deluxe room as a gesture of goodwill (see my post above) but that did not include breakfast.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:24 am

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by PoochieLaGrande
Buyers beware!!! Stay away from Alpharooms....
So, Alpharooms had an error on their site, and rather than canceling they are honoring the rate at the JW Marriott, just without breakfast. And, with this you are telling people here to stay away from Alpharooms?!

If it was many other OTA's they would just cancel your reservation and say tough luck. It sounds like Alpharooms went above and beyond this, so I am not sure why you are telling people to stay away from them.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by whimike
So, Alpharooms had an error on their site, and rather than canceling they are honoring the rate at the JW Marriott, just without breakfast. And, with this you are telling people here to stay away from Alpharooms?!

If it was many other OTA's they would just cancel your reservation and say tough luck. It sounds like Alpharooms went above and beyond this, so I am not sure why you are telling people to stay away from them.
If you read the thread http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop....html#64558353, you will see that this doesn't look like just a one off occurence
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:10 am

Hmm I forgot to check when I called up Marriott earlier. But my voucher from Alpharoom says it's a "BED and BREAKFAST" under board so I assume breakfast should be included for me.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by BrotherLehman
Hmm I forgot to check when I called up Marriott earlier. But my voucher from Alpharoom says it's a "BED and BREAKFAST" under board so I assume breakfast should be included for me.
Mine was written the same too but you know what happened afterwards.

At Marriott's site, when you look up your booking, it will say the inclusions of your package
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Hats off to Alpharooms are in order I feel.^^ Let me just say that you could do a search on TA for plenty of other OTA's and get a ''were not happy'' thread. The problem is that people only write about the bad experiences when something goes wrong. Not too many will start a thread saying what great service they had.

For the record I have had several great deals with alpharooms and had no problem to date. These were not mistake rates but they were extremely competitive rates.

The only mistake rate I did manage to book with Alpha was for a family room with bft at the former Bangkok Marriott Riverside Resort & Spa(now Anantara). That deal was honoured for a song without a whisper. Maybe I should start a contrary TA thread??
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:31 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
If you read the thread http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTop....html#64558353, you will see that this doesn't look like just a one off occurence
I am just saying, in this instance they did come through with a solution for you. Not the best solution, but a solution nonetheless, and at the hotel you wanted. This is why I question why you are upset with them and telling others to stay away. The result could have been much worse, as if often the case with many other OTAs.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 8:03 am

BrotherLehman, can you confirm if your booking is including breakfast or room only? Alpharooms offered me a deluxe room as a gesture of goodwill (see my post above) but that did not include breakfast.
Yup I had a wonderful stay at the Marriott Surabaya. Rate includes free breakfast for two - very sumptuous spread for breakfast!

When I checked in, I was offered the option to upgrade to a Suite for an additional IDR200,000 per night. Took that option and got a huge room - hopefully also means that I will get Marriott points for this stay!
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:27 pm

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
my reservation was canceled. no offer to re book

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.