Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Expedia: $100-$200 Off, No Minimum Spend (3-5 Minimum Night Stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Expedia: $100-$200 Off, No Minimum Spend (3-5 Minimum Night Stay)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:45 am

Odds are you'll be fine. I opened Expedia account in 2011, when they gave $150 mastercard for 4-day stay (it was a net moneymaker, cuz there were plenty of $30 hotels at the time LOL) I even forgot I had an Expedia account, never looked into what it takes to get their status(?) But when I used this old account now, Expedia ended up leaving my booking alone...while canceling bookings in newly created accounts with one-week delay, and not even bothering to send cancellation email/phonecall
Old Feb 28, 2015, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by tatterdema
For me, the most upsetting part of this whole thing, is that in my experience, it is unlike Expedia. In the past, these mistakes have normally been honored. Maybe they have done it before, but this is the first time that I recall them ever cancelling. Remember the codes from a couple years ago that allowed air and hotel, basically free of charge? None of them got cancelled.

Travelocity used to cancel these mistake fares, and now I am afraid that Expedia, having purchased them, is taking a page out of their book. Not good for future bargain hunts, and I definitely will not firm up plans for these type of deals for a couple weeks after booking.
Hey buddy, are you reminiscing that $300 Expedia.ca promo?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:38 pm

Programs: United, Delta
Originally Posted by SinglePapa2
Odds are you'll be fine. I opened Expedia account in 2011, when they gave $150 mastercard for 4-day stay (it was a net moneymaker, cuz there were plenty of $30 hotels at the time LOL) I even forgot I had an Expedia account, never looked into what it takes to get their status(?) But when I used this old account now, Expedia ended up leaving my booking alone...while canceling bookings in newly created accounts with one-week delay, and not even bothering to send cancellation email/phonecall
My account was from back then too, they still cancelled the day before my checkin without notification! I've come back from my trip now and see they even charged me a cancellation penalty for their own error.
Old Feb 28, 2015, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by FTconnie
My account was from back then too, they still cancelled the day before my checkin without notification! I've come back from my trip now and see they even charged me a cancellation penalty for their own error.
Because Expedia claims "stay was cancelled by customer" That's their answer when hotel calls their Liason. Imagine? I'm guessing every customer suffered those $4.95 cancellation charges; sounds like a money-maker for Expedia!
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:50 pm

Expedia put the new $200 coupon in a guest account, even they told they will credit it in my permanent account. Have to call them again to transfer it, one hour of wasted time again.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by 31570324
Expedia put the new $200 coupon in a guest account, even they told they will credit it in my permanent account. Have to call them again to transfer it, one hour of wasted time again.
Sorry your post above is not perfectly clear. I'm assuming you're using Discover Card? And Expedia never questioned your non-US billing address? Kindly give chronological order toward you getting current $200 coupon
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:16 am

I would think he got the $200 credit many of us got, which is deposited in your account, no Discover needed, and can be used within a year. But his went into a "guest" account, which sounds like when you don't sign in, and I'm not sure how that part is possible.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by maverick17
I would think he got the $200 credit many of us got, which is deposited in your account, no Discover needed, and can be used within a year. But his went into a "guest" account, which sounds like when you don't sign in, and I'm not sure how that part is possible.
I don't have Discover Card, and supervisor only offered $50 coupon in placed of cancelled original $200 coupon. Kindly elaborate how to petition for $200 credit. Please.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 10:18 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Keep calling back till you get 200
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
Keep calling back till you get 200
After he has accepted the 50 bucks, I don't think he can manage to get the 200.
BTW, good luck.

I hope you can manage it. Please keep us updated, I am curious about this.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:59 am

I don't have Discover Card, and supervisor only offered $50 coupon in placed of cancelled original $200 coupon. Kindly elaborate how to petition for $200 credit. Please.
It was in the thread quite a few times above. Some got it first try, took me 3 times. Just HUCA until you get a 200 expedia credit offer. The "we can rebook you with your Discover card" was even easier to get - all but one offered that. I don't have a Discover though, so I kept calling until a general credit was offered.

But once you took 50, the post above is probably right you're probably out of luck on getting 150 added to that.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:12 am

Sorry your post above is not perfectly clear. I'm assuming you're using Discover Card? And Expedia never questioned your non-US billing address? Kindly give chronological order toward you getting current $200 coupon
Well they asked if I have a us billing address and a discover card. They didn't asked for the details, it was enough to confirm that I have both.
Maybe not completely true, but there was no word about this in the T&C so I don't feel guilty now.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Skymiles, Sun Country Ufly
Got a $50 coupon after 50 min on the phone, geesh I love Orbitz and wish Expedia hadn't bought them to ruin them like this.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:24 am

my last alive booking was cancelled today! damn!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 21, 2015, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by toby16custom
Got a $50 coupon after 50 min on the phone, geesh I love Orbitz and wish Expedia hadn't bought them to ruin them like this.
Expedia cannot buy them all out, I do not like Expedia at all. I now prefer to book directly with the hotel's websites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.