Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2015, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: kshahk
Please don't acquire these in hopes of trading them. They are not freely transferable.

Items on sale or otherwise reasonably priced to help get to $250:
()

Full list of participating products:
https://www.riteaidrewardrequest.com/YouYear/Products

Qualified Hotels:
http://www.certificates.hyatt.com/Pa...s.aspx/Premier

This is now confirmed for international Hyatt Hotels.

If you order online the order confirmation page will display reward codes (1 for each $50 in purchase).

$15 off $75+ RiteAid.com code: GET15OFF
Print Wikipost

Possible two nights at some hyatts after $250 spend - Rite Aid Happy You Year Promo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 7:54 am

I've been waiting for certificates to come in the mail for 4 weeks.
Anybody else been waiting very long for certificates ?
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
In my experience, these are the kinds of promotions where you should play entirely within the rules... I'd hate to show up at the hotel and have them drop a hefty extra-person fee on you, or tell you that the promotion isn't valid at all because you have too many people, etc...
Yes I know, what I meant was, the rules say max occ of 4. But once I book the resort and they give me a cert... would I be able to call the resort and change to 2 or 3 bedroom? I don't mind paying a little extra but read somewhere that once you get the cert, you could call and change...
Old Mar 4, 2015, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSlyeGirl
I submitted the booking form over a week ago and nothing so far. My husband and I are trying to get on the same flight (at a minimum, the same travel dates). Seems like this promo was less popular than the Hyatt promotion. Hopefully, things will run smoothly. Still annoyed that Honolulu shows up on all the forms except the booking form! :
I had to call them (# up thread), spoke to Talia and she took my # down and got someone from the flight team to call me back. Finally, I was able to book my first flight choice today. Very friendly agents if you can get a hold of them.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by catonis
Rite Aid is offering a Promotion called "Happy You Year".
It runs through Jan 24th.
If a customer spends $250 on qualifying products, he or she can opt for 2 nights at over 350 participating Hyatt hotels. There are restrictions on dates with availability.

This link explains it some, and has further links for the hotel list and terms and conditions.

https://www.riteaidrewardrequest.com.../Index/5#three

Not quite the "pudding guy" but it might be worth it for some, especially if the products were useful.
So this deal is dead?
surprised this thread did not make it to mile buzz.
essentially two free nights for $250 spend of things you can use anyway.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by amieee
Yes I know, what I meant was, the rules say max occ of 4. But once I book the resort and they give me a cert... would I be able to call the resort and change to 2 or 3 bedroom? I don't mind paying a little extra but read somewhere that once you get the cert, you could call and change...
The certificates were in reference to the Hyatt stays. You are talking about a 7 night stay which I'm not sure what you receive, if anything, from Rite Aid for that. If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember that can't be changed if you read the T&C.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by amieee
You may get lucky, but you shouldn't expect to get lucky. The "little extra" could work out to far more than what you'd pay to book the accommodations you need at a nicer place, for all you know, and no matter what the RiteAid people tell you, there's no way you could reasonably rely on their statements when trying to negotiate with the resort directly.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by imm2b
I had to call them (# up thread), spoke to Talia and she took my # down and got someone from the flight team to call me back. Finally, I was able to book my first flight choice today. Very friendly agents if you can get a hold of them.
Thanks for updating. I may try to change my dates and fly past the four-month window. Did the agents have your information or did they offer you an opportunity to request dates/cities while on the phone?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:53 pm

Definitely don't miss their phone call. They called me on the 22nd of February, I have called and left voicemails every day since. I've gotten 4 calls back all from the wrong department, all stating that someone would call me back from the right department in a day or two, and its never happened.

No one ever answers the phone.

Edit:

Finally got a hold of someone there and got two nights booked in Amsterdam. Only problem is we're leaving before the certificates come. Guy on the phone said the certificates were good for 1 year. I wonder if that means I can cancel my booking and use them at another Hyatt of my choosing? Anybody know?

Last edited by Crosc; Mar 5, 2015 at 1:32 pm
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:32 pm

Was anybody able to get the certificates in the mail without having to sign?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by MSlyeGirl
Thanks for updating. I may try to change my dates and fly past the four-month window. Did the agents have your information or did they offer you an opportunity to request dates/cities while on the phone?
Agent had my info and I was fixed on my dates, so I didn't ask for different dates. But, I can't imagine they would refuse to book for you at dates further away. It's probably cheaper for them.

Originally Posted by Crosc
Finally got a hold of someone there and got two nights booked in Amsterdam. Only problem is we're leaving before the certificates come. Guy on the phone said the certificates were good for 1 year. I wonder if that means I can cancel my booking and use them at another Hyatt of my choosing? Anybody know?
As I mentioned up thread post #89. You can book at any Hyatt that has availability based on the award code HSPRN2. You can check online prior to calling Hyatt. You'll have to contact Hyatt directly to make any changes.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:56 pm

Unfair change of terms

I received my email today and it says to submit 3 properties
with dates at least 4 weeks and less than 4 months away.
The original offer said "within 365 days and at least 4 weeks out."
This is not good for my planned trip in late August, early September.

Advice??
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by pilgrim
I received my email today and it says to submit 3 properties
with dates at least 4 weeks and less than 4 months away.
The original offer said "within 365 days and at least 4 weeks out."
This is not good for my planned trip in late August, early September.

Advice??
Just book whatever date/property you can find. Once you have reservation, call Hyatt to make changes. The award certificate is good until next year, as far as Hyatt is concerned. Don't get hung up with the email T&C's.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 5:21 pm

Thank you. Does anyone know if you can change property after the
reservation goes through, or just date? I am trying to cover possibilities.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Yes, read higher up the thread. You can cancel the reservation according to the property's cancellation policy (but min 72 hours, it seems) and then you have two certificates free and clear to use at any Premier or lower property with availability, and you can make those arrangements yourself.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US Airways, Delta, Hyatt, Club Carlson, Marriott
They said they would come in a week but I have been waiting over 3 weeks for the certificates. Wondering if they will ever come. Customer service is horrible - they never answer the phone and they don't call back. Will not be doing any more Rite Aid promos like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.