Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] $100 off Hotel Bookings on Orbitz Using VISA Checkout

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I just completed 5 bookings. Technically I think one can make a separate booking each day and just check in and check out each day. Some hotels may let you keep the same room. I wish I had more details about my Auckland portion of OZ fest id book up the whole trip. Although one of the places I bought was just the taxes because the room was under $100.

Now I'm thinking the dumb thing I did was booked 2 day stay on a back to back MR. I should have just booked 2 different hotels since I'm not actually spending much time in the room.

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Is this expected?

I seem to able to re-order again (on booking #2), using same Orbitz account and same VISA account/CC
Still see the $100 promo applied

comes to ~$30/night in Central Istanbul for May 2015!!!
Good to know! I'll give it a shot!

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by jerryhung
Is this expected?

I seem to able to re-order again (on booking #2), using same Orbitz account and same VISA account/CC
Still see the $100 promo applied

comes to ~$30/night in Central Istanbul for May 2015!!!
The T/C only say "one code per booking." Not one per account.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by SirJman
HKG, Thailand, SIN are always excluded from Orbitz/Cheaptickets promos
Can I use this if UK based?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$40 net NYE @ Chicago Club Quarters downtown.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
it does say "limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking"

it does NOT say "limit one code per stay" and it does NOT say "limit one code per account"

from my point of view you can book several single nights (one code per booking) in the same hotel without violating the t&c
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
Although one of the places I bought was just the taxes because the room was under $100.
T&C do say rooms over 100 though. When I click on a room under 100, even when taxes push it over 100, the promo rate disappears. Interesting you were able to get it to work.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by maverick17
T&C do say rooms over 100 though. When I click on a room under 100, even when taxes push it over 100, the promo rate disappears. Interesting you were able to get it to work.
Room rate needs to be at least $100 for me as well.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by maverick17
it has to be 100 USD before taxes
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP,SPG G
just made 3X1 night bookings in REP(consecutive nights) and 2x 2 nights in BUD .no problems whatsoever .thanks for the $500 Visa and O
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Fantastic deal. Best to screenshot the T&C just in case...

Also, here's the image for future reference.

Visa Checkout Terms & Conditions
Offer is valid for a limited time only and is only available when displayed on www.orbitz.com. Available on desktop, mobile web, and on Orbitz mobile apps that include Visa Checkout as a payment option. Book a qualifying standalone, pre-paid hotel for $100 or more for a stay occurring between December 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 via Orbitz using Visa Checkout as the payment method and promo code VISACHECKOUT, and receive $100 off your booking. Most major chains are excluded; to find participating hotels look for the "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" message on Orbitz.com hotel listings. You must enter your promotion code prior to completing your booking to receive the savings; promotion codes cannot be applied to bookings previously made. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Promotion codes are non-transferrable, not for resale, and cannot be combined with other offers. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Fantastic deal. Best to screenshot the T&C just in case...

Also, here's the image for future reference.

Visa Checkout Terms & Conditions
Offer is valid for a limited time only and is only available when displayed on www.orbitz.com. Available on desktop, mobile web, and on Orbitz mobile apps that include Visa Checkout as a payment option. Book a qualifying standalone, pre-paid hotel for $100 or more for a stay occurring between December 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015 via Orbitz using Visa Checkout as the payment method and promo code VISACHECKOUT, and receive $100 off your booking. Most major chains are excluded; to find participating hotels look for the "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" message on Orbitz.com hotel listings. You must enter your promotion code prior to completing your booking to receive the savings; promotion codes cannot be applied to bookings previously made. Limit one discount per hotel room and one promotion code per booking. Discounts are not redeemable for cash for any reason. Promotion codes are non-transferrable, not for resale, and cannot be combined with other offers. Any attempt at fraud will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Orbitz reserves the right to change or limit the promotion in its sole discretion.
Nicely done! Thanks! May need it!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I doubt Orbitz intended for people to make a bunch of consecutive one-night bookings. But I don't see anything in the terms prohibiting that! So I just made several consecutive one-night bookings in places where I needed a hotel anyway. It might have been safer to use different Orbitz accounts for each booking, but I didn't. It will be fun to see what happens.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Orbitz availability displays are insane. They change from zero hotels available in all of Tokyo to a wide variety but then disappear again. What a junk!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:00 am

Promo code doesn't appear to work for bookings in Thailand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.