Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo best rate?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2014, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Hello,

I am planning to go to Tokyo next year with my wife. We are staying for 7 nights (21-28 February).

I would love to book the Park Hyatt Tokyo - the best rate I can find is £292/night. Is there any way I could get a better rate? If not, I have found the Capitol Tokyu hotel as an alternative for £170/night.

Any advice much appreciated.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 6:31 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum

Can you get the hyatt chase card in UK!
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:00 pm

-----
Old Oct 28, 2014, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomdelay
7 nights (21-28 February).

Park Hyatt Tokyo - the best rate I can find is £292/night. I
s there any way I could get a better rate?

Capitol Tokyu hotel as an alternative for £170/night.
talk to sales department / manager or have travel agent (virtuoso for example) do so

current 4th night free offers at other tokyo hotels (can be used to negotiate) >
four seasons
ritz carlton, shangri la, mandarin oriental - via american express platinum fine hotels & resorts
Old Oct 28, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AC *P
Read the sticky, OP. You should have done that in the last 10 months since you signed up.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hotel...m-read-me.html
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the suggestions.
Unfortunately I cannot apply for the Chase card from the UK.

many thanks
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Hello,

I am planning to go to Tokyo next year with my wife. We are staying for 7 nights (21-28 February).

I would love to book the Park Hyatt Tokyo - the best rate I can find is £292/night. Is there any way I could get a better rate? If not, I have found the Capitol Tokyu hotel as an alternative for £170/night.

Try breaking your stay into multiple segments. There's a date range search tool on my site to help you search:

http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/tokyo-h...-range-search/

For example, in your case:

http://www.tokyohyattfan.com/rangese...m=&process=YES

You could also try waiting until the beginning of the year, when they will hopefully renew their offers such as Weekday Saver, Weekend Oasis, and 4th Night Free.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Thank you Tokyohyattfan - I am a big fan of your blog!

I starting to think maybe the Andaz would be more fun to try out for the week!
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
talk to sales department / manager or have travel agent (virtuoso for example) do so

current 4th night free offers at other tokyo hotels (can be used to negotiate) >
four seasons
ritz carlton, shangri la, mandarin oriental - via american express platinum fine hotels & resorts
This is very good advice. IIRC there has recently been fourth night free offered at PHT.

And of course, unless your heart is set on the PH, you should consider staying at the aforementioned hotels that are offering fourth night free and/or other promotions. Checking Amex FHR or contacting a Virtuoso TA should be your first step.

BTW, I would avoid Capitol Tokyu and other hotels under Japanese management. They are not necessarily bad by any means, but why put up with inflexible service when there are better options?

Hint: It is better to stay at an hotel like the PH, R-C, FS, Pen, etc... and dine at hotels like the Palace, Okura, and Imperial (and of course visit outside restaurants).

Originally Posted by mudd_stuffin
Read the sticky, OP. You should have done that in the last 10 months since you signed up....
And just why, mudd_stuffin, should the OP have read the Sticky?

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 29, 2014 at 10:41 am
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Hello,

That's not a bad rate for the PHT, so don't know what your beef is.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pickles
That's not a bad rate for the PHT, so don't know what your beef is.
+1
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
T
And just why, mudd_stuffin, should the OP have read the Sticky?
because it was likely posted in the "Hotel Deals" category of FT which requests to not post threads like this? I suspect was then moved to the Hyatt group?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:46 pm

BRG it?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pkyc0
BRG it?
I have just been made aware of this! Found a couple of websites 10/15% cheaper than hyatt but I have now had 3 BRG claims rejected. A bit disappointing because all did meet their terms and conditions. One was rejected because they claim that the screenshot was "corrupted" and couldn't be opened. I emailed back with 3 new screenshots - different file formats (PDF, jpg etc). That was rejected because according to Hyatt booking.com requires a membership. Clearly not true! Oh well... Was really hoping to try out the PHT but I suspect I will enjoy the capitol tokyu just as much!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:53 pm
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

tomdelay if you would like to private message me your stay and BRG detail I would be happy to take a further look at it for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.