Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Losing money on cancelled hotel mistake rates (prepaid in foreign currency)

Losing money on cancelled hotel mistake rates (prepaid in foreign currency)

Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
update: I was encouraged by the fact that others got their transaction losses refunded, so I tried again. Capital One did eventually refund the money I lost in the transaction and apologized for not doing it sooner.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 11:04 pm
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by BigE
update: I was encouraged by the fact that others got their transaction losses refunded, so I tried again. Capital One did eventually refund the money I lost in the transaction and apologized for not doing it sooner.
Good to hear. Citi has never refunded me before, but I've never really stressed them about it either. Amex did without me asking. Next time it happens I will call Citibank.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:34 am
hco

Programs: SAS *G
Originally Posted by albertinehervieux
I think most of different policy to refund cancel booking in Hotel and Most Hotel Not refund Full Amount .
That is separate issue. For this case, you see that the exact same amount in foreign currency is charged/refunded. But the amount in your card currency is different.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 5:00 pm

For me, the refund currency rate is around 5% lower than the purchase currency rate

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.