Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit From £8 -March'15

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit From £8 -March'15

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:03 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Any other suggestion for finding a great deal on a hotel in Bangkok?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: SkyTeam Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by vd0t
Any other suggestion for finding a great deal on a hotel in Bangkok?
Yeah, it's called 'searching'
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:10 am

no more £8... so sad...
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hyatt
If you have not been to Thailand before, please check the March weather before booking! It's quite hot in March and April in a country that is otherwise hot year round.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:27 pm

March is no bargain, but April & May are much worse. Songkran is in April for a reason.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
March is no bargain, but April & May are much worse. Songkran is in April for a reason.
Songkran is so much fun!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by whackyjacky
Because it's hot and dry and the farmers had no work it was the ideal time for a religious holiday. Today's Songkran has been b@stardized in a similar fashion to the current absurdity known as Xmas... sans the advertising.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by theworld
Songkran is so much fun!
I've only experienced one and being constantly soaked got old fast. One thing I know, all my expat friends in BKK & PTY boogie on outta town every year.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Today's Songkran has been b@stardized in a similar fashion to the current absurdity known as Xmas... sans the advertising.
I've been waiting for someone to say this. Couldn't agree more. I wonder how many people, even Thais, know the meaning/origin/history of Songkran. A disgrace, IMO.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: Skymiles, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Because it's hot and dry and the farmers had no work it was the ideal time for a religious holiday. Today's Songkran has been b@stardized in a similar fashion to the current absurdity known as Xmas... sans the advertising.
Having zero knowledge of the BKK area and trying to get familiar, up to now based on random information I thought Songkran was a water-gun festival of some kind. How sad. Someone unfamiliar with Christmas would think "Xmas" is a festival of overconsumption and ugly sweaters lol.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Fairbanks
Having zero knowledge of the BKK area and trying to get familiar, up to now based on random information I thought Songkran was a water-gun festival of some kind. How sad. Someone unfamiliar with Christmas would think "Xmas" is a festival of overconsumption and ugly sweaters lol.
We're getting way OT here but the holiday was initially all about cleaning and starting anew. Small amounts of water (often having been poured over a Buddha statue) would be collected in bowls and anointed to the head, shoulders etc. It wasn't about a water fight but that's certainly what it's turned into.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 8:58 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I'm BKK one day next March, and that day doesn't have the cheap price
Old Oct 23, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Plat Pro
Has anyone had any further contact with the hotel? I messaged and said I was appalled by the service and I made a counter offer. I have been upgraded to a prestige suite for 4770 THB per night, that is over 50% off the cheapest rate they have on their website. They also allowed me to change the dates and cancelled policy is that I have up until 6pm on the day of check-in to cancel. It might be worth counter offering. If you do try and counter offer then try and counter offer for the opera suite; I'm wishing I would have done that. The worst they can do is say no!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.