Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Riad Sidi Mimoune Marrakech from £3 double inc bft ,May'15 onwards.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Reasonable Riad located in the Medina in Marrakech. Book through Travelrepublic or Amoma and possibly others. It's through consolidator GTA who have normally honoured previous promotional bookings I have made....but the past is not necessarily a guide to the future bla bla....

Standard and Superior doubles available from 16th May 2015 onwards .
Old Jul 26, 2014, 7:58 am

Gone, dissapeared just before I was gonna do a booking
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:20 am

Got a 4 night booking for 15GBP. I have just received the voucher. So fingers crossed.
Thanks chokdee.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Le Trianon Luxury Hotel & Spa Casa Blanca also available for most of 2015 on booking.com at £4 single occ with bft in a suite. Its non refundable.

Due to the fact this is booking.com this is very much a long shot. Hotel is number 14 on TA but gets a mixed bag of reviews...some not so good.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 2:15 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by chokdee
Le Trianon Luxury Hotel & Spa Casa Blanca also available for most of 2015 on booking.com at £4 single occ with bft in a suite. Its non refundable.

Due to the fact this is booking.com this is very much a long shot. Hotel is number 14 on TA but gets a mixed bag of reviews...some not so good.
All you had to say was booking.com Worst internet travel agency, hands down. "Welcome to RAK - your reservation was canceled. We are sold out."
Old Jul 26, 2014, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

I am not the biggest fan of booking.com but in fairness to them it's really down to the hotel whether they honour the rate or not. The hotels on their website input their own rates. Being that this is a fairly small concern in Casa Blanca I think it is unlikely that the rate will be honoured, but you never know.

In my experience Booking.com could certainly do more to carve out a better deal for the customer when the hotel refuses to honour. I agree that they invariably do seem to be more on the side of the hotels than the customers when a mistake rate occurs and the offending hotel does not want to play ball. Their so called ''middle ground'' offers really do annoy me when quite clearly the offers are nowhere near middle ground!

However if the hotel choose to honour then booking.com become irrelevant. I have had quite a few rates booked with them hold and will be travelling to Poland later this week on such a deal.

So in short don't expect booking.com to do anything for you if the rate is disputed but don't let that put you off booking with them. Thanks to the fact that some honourable hotels do exist you will probably find as I have that a number of your bookings will be honoured.^
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:22 pm

I am not the biggest fan of booking.com but in fairness to them it's really down to the hotel whether they honour the rate or not. The hotels on their website input their own rates. Being that this is a fairly small concern in Casa Blanca I think it is unlikely that the rate will be honoured, but you never know.
A real booking site takes responsibility for what it offers. It doesn't just shrug and say "not our fault - we just let them list and earn our money."

In my experience Booking.com could certainly do more to carve out a better deal for the customer when the hotel refuses to honour. I agree that they invariably do seem to be more on the side of the hotels than the customers when a mistake rate occurs and the offending hotel does not want to play ball. Their so called ''middle ground'' offers really do annoy me when quite clearly the offers are nowhere near middle ground!
Booking.com does essentially nothing. They profit off of bookings and advertisement but they don't take responsibility for what is put on their website. That's not acceptable.

So in short don't expect booking.com to do anything for you if the rate is disputed but don't let that put you off booking with them. Thanks to the fact that some honourable hotels do exist you will probably find as I have that a number of your bookings will be honoured.
Whether the hotel is honorable or not, booking.com is not honorable. They are dishonest and should never, ever be used. I wish them a short, painful bankruptcy.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spiff
A real booking site takes responsibility for what it offers. It doesn't just shrug and say "not our fault - we just let them list and earn our money."

Booking.com does essentially nothing. They profit off of bookings and advertisement but they don't take responsibility for what is put on their website. That's not acceptable.

Whether the hotel is honorable or not, booking.com is not honorable. They are dishonest and should never, ever be used. I wish them a short, painful bankruptcy.

Well I have to say I agree with much of what you say, but booking.com are no different from many other OTA's in this regard.

In the meantime and before their short painful bankruptcy I shall continue to use and hopefully get some great promotional rates honoured by the hotels that use their booking engine.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 5:27 pm

Well I have to say I agree with much of what you say, but booking.com are no different from many other OTA's in this regard.
Not so. I've not had hotel cancellations from reputable companies like orbitz and expedia.

In the meantime and before their short painful bankruptcy I shall continue to use and hopefully get some great promotional rates honoured by the hotels that use their booking engine.
Good luck, but I'd not waste my time nor risk being turned away at check-in due to the dishonest practices of booking.com.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spiff
Not so. I've not had hotel cancellations from reputable companies like orbitz and expedia.

Good luck, but I'd not waste my time nor risk being turned away at check-in due to the dishonest practices of booking.com.

I agree with you regarding the likes of expedia and orbitz. These companies lead the way in honouring mistakes ,although in their case some errors that are honoured are caused ''in house'' such as expedia special rate deals.

However I still stand by my comment that many OTA's act similarly to booking.com. Laterooms/Asiarooms ,HRS and Venere(surprisingly part of expedia) spring straight to mind but there are plenty of others.

Bottom line is that if you book deals here, there and everywhere with obvious preference to the likes of Expedia and Orbitz you will increase your success rate. It's just a numbers game when all's said and done.

No need to take risks . The hotel in Poland for example have already confirmed our reservation.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.