Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Portman Ritz Carlton Shanghai $165

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Portman Ritz Carlton Shanghai $165

Just booked a weekend in July on amoma.com (one of those voucher websites, I was forwarded from trivago). I know Jul 11-13 and 18-20 were available at that price when I looked.

May not be a super hot deal, but it is a very good price for this hotel - I've been tracking Shanghai prices for July (for RC, MO some Marriotts and Puli). for a while. (they do have some lobby renovation, to keep in mind, should completely finished by Aug).
Old May 16, 2014, 1:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Halle8
Just booked a weekend in July on amoma.com (one of those voucher websites, I was forwarded from trivago). I know Jul 11-13 and 18-20 were available at that price when I looked.

May not be a super hot deal, but it is a very good price for this hotel - I've been tracking Shanghai prices for July (for RC, MO some Marriotts and Puli). for a while. (they do have some lobby renovation, to keep in mind, should completely finished by Aug).
That's definitely a good rate for the Portman, but I rarely pay substantially more (even sans renovation). The Puli and Shangri-La are almost always twice the Portman price because they are newer and have better subway access. However, I still love the Portman (its pool/lawn is among its best assets during the summer months).

Here are my rankings of Jing'an hotels:

1) Puli
2) Shangri-la
3) Portman
4) Swiss
5) Hilton (very good value)
6) JC Mandarin
7) Urbn
Old May 16, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Lifetime P, IC RA, Hyatt D
Actually, the best corporate rate is about the same with 1 breakfast. Breakfast is important because Ritz Carlton Portman, like all Ritz Carlton properties, doens't comp platinum members breakfast. A tip for breakfast, if you go out of Portman, make a left to the side street. There is a Chinese breakfast place on the left side around the corner.

The lounge access up-selling promotion at Portman is fairly good. For about $80, you get lounge access for two($50 for one), which includes "continuous culinary offerings" throughout the day. You can bring in a friend or two. Good for those rates that don't include breakfasts(which is about $40/person) or those who need to have meetings in the lounge. Not sure whether it's still available now though. Ask front desk about the lounge access up-selling when you check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.