[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Millennium Resort ,Patong Beach £3 - £25

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Still no news from EB's UK either. As I said I think a major rethink may be taking place with Ebookers in general regarding these reservations , hopefully it is not just more sloppy service that all has suddenly gone quiet.

Whatever if your booking is still alive then your booking is still valid. I suspect ebookers will eventually contact us all again regarding these bookings one way or another. Due to deadlines for cancellations being missed by some days now I believe that good news is more likely to be on the horizon than bad...but I do not have a crystal ball so could be wrong!

If ebookers never contact me again and do not refund my prepayment then I'm good to go as far as I'm concerned. ^

If you do not hear then I would think likewise but you could always contact the Millennium direct just to make sure they still have your reservation.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Originally Posted by tOcikA
I didn't get any reply in the past 5 days. My reservation is still alive but I have no confirmation from Eb. What about you?
Same here, no further news from eB dot com.
I will post here if I get anything from them.

Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:35 am

Got a reply!)

"We apologise for the delay in response. We understand the hotel honoured the original rate of your booking. We have contacted the hotel and confirmed that they acknowledge the request to have to keep the original rate. However, as the reservations that were affected by the said issue will be cancelled on our system, we can no longer keep the original booking with the same rate. The hotel acknowledge the request to have the booking directly with them with the same rates. Please contact the Hotel Assistant Online Distribution Manager, Nattawut Timdee by sending an e-mail to ****** to arrange this.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing ebookers. Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us."

The hotel said they are not able to give me the chance to book with this rate if ebookers will cancel my reservation. If they won't cancel, I'm able to get there. What the hell should I do?
Old Jun 16, 2014, 11:23 am

Mail from Millenium before: "Greetings from Millennium Resort Patong, Phuket

I would recommend you to cancel this booking and get the refund from agent or make a new booking direct with us.
I can offer special rate during Peak Season at THB9,100 nett per room per night in Superior room for your consideration. Please advise back as your convenience. "
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Ask Eboo to leave your reservation alone! If your reservation is cancelled, you can forget about staying at the low rate. As the hotel clearly writes to you, it has no intention of reinstating a reservation at the same rate (and more importantly the hotel is not obliged to offer the rate to you if Eboo cancels your reservation).

It appears to be another excuse for trying to cancel your reservation when Eboo writes to you that these reservations will be cancelled and you can no longer keep the original reservation - why can others keep their Eboo reservations and all Orbitz reservations are intact (it appears to be the same reservation system) Another lame excuse if you ask me.

You need to stand firm on Ebook just leaving your reservation as it is - do not touch/cancel it!

Last edited by MileageAddict; Jun 18, 2014 at 11:00 am Reason: masked obscenity removed
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
eB00 sent me email threatened to cancel my booking on June 11.
A week has passed and nothing happen, my booking under my account still intact.
I got no further news from eB00.

What to do next and what do you guys think?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calgary88
eB00 sent me email threatened to cancel my booking on June 11.
A week has passed and nothing happen, my booking under my account still intact.
I got no further news from eB00.

What to do next and what do you guys think?
My deadline was June 11 as well.

What to do next ?

As per my last post:- If ebookers never contact me again and do not refund my prepayment then I'm good to go as far as I'm concerned. ^

You could always contact ebookers I suppose to clarify but a booking that has not been cancelled is a valid booking so I do not envisage any problems whatsoever at the hotel who in any event now seem to be honouring all prepaid bookings.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:27 am

I booked through LateRooms.com

Mid May, They sent multiple emails about price errors and offered me a new price at 52xx++ THB/ night and gave me dead line on May 30th.
May 31st, they sent an email said they have cancelled my booking.
June 1st, I sent an email to them that they shall not cancel my booking without my written consent, and I told them I expected them to honor my booking at its original rate, and that they should talk to the hotel and let me know.
June 2nd, they sent another email that as a goodwill gesture blah blah, the hotel will honor my booking at its original rates of USD5 or so.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:02 pm

Important update regarding your reservation at the Millennium Resort

Pleasant resolution email from ebookers -

Dear Ebooker,

Here at ebookers, we are always watching for events that may affect your travel.

We write further to all previous correspondence regarding your reservation at the Millennium Resort Patong, Phuket and apologise for both the lack of contact and confusion that has arisen with respect to your booking with us.

As you are aware there was a rate loading issue which meant that rooms were advertised and sold at an incorrect rate as a result of a technical issue experienced by the property.

The initial advice provided to us by the Millennium was that bookings would be honoured if an additional collection was made to cover the difference between the rate paid and a special discounted rate that the hotel were prepared to offer as a gesture of goodwill and this is the communication you previously received from us.

We are now pleased to advise that as a result of ongoing contact between our hotel services team and the Millennium that your reservation has now been confirmed without this additional collection and no further action is required on your part.

It only remains therefore to thank you for your patience and on behalf of everyone here at ebookers and our colleagues at the Millennium Resort to wish you a pleasant stay.

Thanks for booking with ebookers.

Sincerely,
ebookers Team
Old Jun 25, 2014, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by whistler814
Pleasant resolution email from ebookers -
I got the same! Thanks for everyone who helped me! ^
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Anyone else stay yet?
Old Jul 21, 2014, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
yes

No problems whatsoever. Fine stay.
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Same here. Staff were very nice and the location is great.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:24 am

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
I'm booked for 3 nights in the Junior Suite coming up in November. Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not the Pool Cabana room is better than the Junior Suite. Thinking of possibly upgrading when I arrive.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by stinger101
I'm booked for 3 nights in the Junior Suite coming up in November. Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not the Pool Cabana room is better than the Junior Suite. Thinking of possibly upgrading when I arrive.
I've been to Patong but not this hotel. Having read a number of reviews, I gather that most people prefer the Lakeside wing to the Beachside wing. The decor in the former appears newer and classier. The cabana rooms are only 10SQM smaller than the junior suite and lack direct pool access. Cabana rooms cost more during normal rate environments, which obviously doesn't apply when people on this board booked junior suites for less than standard rooms.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.