Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

TravelPony Discussion Thread (no referral links allowed)

Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:20 am

In my case, the phone rep, who is actually a third party, sent them an "urgent" request for a refund, which she copied me on. Still no answer. I asked her right out if they were going under, before I saw all of your postings. She said she didn't think so, but it sure doesn't look good.

I'm past the 60 days on my credit card for disputing that portion of the charge too. I contacted my credit card company anyway. Not sure what the result will be yet.

Last edited by mareh; Jan 15, 2017 at 12:08 pm
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:20 pm

they used to have tons of hotel bookable back in 2014 and price is 20%-30% off competitor website, but in the last 1-2 years they just have few hotels direct bookable through travelpony and price is nearly the same or higher than Expedia.... don't know what happen to them, hopefully they can survive longer.

you're right, just find out there's no bookable hotel right now, and facebook post haven't update for 6 month, maybe they will go out of business soon?

Originally Posted by xcalx
More strange things at travelpony I have $150 referral credit but can't use it as no hotels are showing as bookable with travelpony , only bookable with other online travel agents

Last edited by ecgz88; Jan 15, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:29 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Will they still honour existing bookings?
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by oh_lol
Will they still honour existing bookings?
The booking that I had to cancel (and that I haven't been refunded for) would have been okay. TP had paid the hotel already. It was for this weekend though. So maybe, but I would call the hotel and check on your reservation.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
Thanks for that.

I have one coming up in April, which I've pre-paid already, but hoping it'll still be fine.
I'll send an email to the hotel directly!
Old Jan 16, 2017, 8:38 pm

I send their website "contact us" a email, also no response, doesn't looking good, looks like my $50+ referral credit also will be gone.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by ecgz88
I send their website "contact us" a email, also no response, doesn't looking good, looks like my $50+ referral credit also will be gone.
I have been waiting 5 days for a reply to email I sent them. Think my $150 referral credit has gone . Also have a booking for Madrid in April will keep an eye out here for any posts.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
I was wondering what will happen to existing reservations.

I understand Travelpony usually booked it's hotel through TouricoHolidays (the company that also own easyclicktravel.com and lastminutetravel.com).

If I book directly with one of Tourico's own websites, I can usually cancel my reservation up until 2 or 3 days before arrival. I wonder if Travelpony can do the same with our reservations and if we might suddenly be out of a previously confirmed reservation (and the money). Any thoughts?
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:40 pm

There is no "Show Only TravelPony results" on the main page anymore...
Old Jan 24, 2017, 5:04 pm

Finally after 9 days got this reply, doesn't looking good.

Thank you for contacting TravelPony. Our inventory is currently more limited than usual because we are in negotiations with our primary inventory supplier. Please check back periodically to see if we've added new inventory in your desired locations.

Originally Posted by xcalx
I have been waiting 5 days for a reply to email I sent them. Think my $150 referral credit has gone . Also have a booking for Madrid in April will keep an eye out here for any posts.

Last edited by ecgz88; Jan 24, 2017 at 5:33 pm
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:01 pm

The plot thickens...As I said before, I cancelled my reservation within the allowed period, but didn't receive my money or referral credit back, and my followups weren't successful.

I got an email just now that said that Travelpony IS going to refund me in full. I already reported them to my credit card company, but I don't think TP knows that yet.

Editing to add—The credit posted to my credit card today. I also have my referral credits back, although there's no way to use them right now, obviously.

Last edited by mareh; Jan 27, 2017 at 2:17 pm
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
I got the same reply during last night after 12 days.

Thank you for contacting TravelPony. Our inventory is currently more limited than usual because we are in negotiations with our primary inventory supplier. Please check back periodically to see if we've added new inventory in your desired locations.

We appreciate your support.

Sincerely,

Last edited by xcalx; Jan 25, 2017 at 10:21 am
Old Mar 22, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: UA DL silver
i have about $100 credits there. really upset that i didn't use it last year. why is this topic so quiet here? i think there are plenty flyertalkers in this in the last few years. none of the bloggers seem to have written about this issue this year.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by wwwny
none of the bloggers seem to have written about this issue this year.

Nothing in it for them.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:05 pm

I can't even find the link to my "referral credit" anymore. I had $87. Oh, well. They briefly did have some bookable TP hotels back in February, but nothing now, as far as I can see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.